How to price a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to price a car?

Was wondering how you would price a car lets say a cb7 with a h22 swap. I mean generally does the h22 detract from the value or add to the value? Ive seen them for sale from 5k-1.5k. Would it be better to take the motor out of the car and sell it separate and replace the original? Cause I figure I would have 2600 if I just sold my motor and rims separate but I dont really feel like doing that. Now would the value of the car which in kbb is anywhere from 1500-3000 mine with a stock motor would probably fall around 2200 and im sure I could sell it for 2k for sure.

My questions how do you gauge the value of a modded car? Does the fact that the engine swap was pretty much done by honda count towards the value?

idk never sold a car before seeing as the cb7 is my first.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Setting a price for selling a modded car is going to depend on how much you think the modifications add to the overall value. Then it will be a matter of finding a buyer that sees the same value.

I know my grandparents do not understand why or what benefit most of the modifications that I have made to the CB. My parents are the same way but they see the money I put into it and understand how that adds to the value a little bit.

Around here, in most cases a modded car with say an engine swap, takes longer to sell then say the exact same car but in stock form. A lot of people do not see the point in swapping motors, upgrading wheels/tires and a lot of the other stuff that we as tuners do to our CB's.. Later

Comment

Most of the time the car will not fetch a lot if modified because you know its been ragged the piss out of and such. Also if its well known such as stickydiljoes car you can fetch quite a bit. Or if it is really clean and really well done thats another way to get good value out of it. Rare parts helps too.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Adding parts swapping motors an BS doesnt raise the value of the car when the rest of the car is a piece of shit. Just because you may spend 3k on swapping in a motor doesnt mean you can tag 3k onto the price of the car, etc. Adding or changing parts shouldnt take value away either(for most customers anyways). A swapped car is only going to appeal to a specific audience in the first place.

Is your can in good shape? Dents? Rust? Scratches? Clean interior? Good brakes/Suspension?

Guage your asking price upon the overall condition, not what youve added. People pay 6 fucking grand for clean stock CB7's in Canada, but not ten for a fully modified one.

Really its a toss up. Ask what you think its worth, and someone else may value the car at that and pay your asking price.

Comment

It depends on the buyer. If you find someone who appreciates what you've done, it'd be worth it to them to pay more. Grandma down the street won't pay $5000 for a 200hp CB7, when she doesn't give a damn about the power...

Find someone that wants an H22 swapped CB. Find someone that doesn't want to do the work. If they want exactly what you have, and it would cost less to buy the car with it all done than to do it themselves, they would want it. I mean, $1500 for a fair cb7, $1000-2000 for an H22, $800 for rims, etc... It'd be cheaper to pay $3500 or so for the car with everything done already.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Not sure if im ready to part with my cb yet, everyone who has seen or driven in mine in person would say they would keep the car forever, lol. Its not done it has its flaws but it has some strange attraction that I cant explain, im sure many of you have this attraction @ cb7tuner.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
            Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
            Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
            04 WRX stg 2 sedan
            Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Working...
            X