Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphys Law.. when does it end ??

OK... i think it began last Saturday

Saturday : tranny blows out in the sedan. I have to get pulled to Trickedaccords house by a damn minivan. Go out that night and can't find a decent race and every attempt to race gets fucked up by either a cop or traffic.

Sunday : While attempting to pull my car home the damn strap keeps on breaking on us. By the time we made it back to my house i had done put several knots in it. After that we went on a road trip and for the love of god can't find a single race the whole 300 + mile trip that was worthy of anything.

Monday : At work the machine i run had issues all damn day and was being a pain in the ass. After work i decided to work on another car (Suzuki Swift Gti) that i am fixing because supposedly the parts came in at the parts store. I get to the parts store and they are the wrong ones. They have to reorder again. By this time I am thinking to myself " what else is going to happen ??"

Tuesday : At work, the machine was running fine but the material that i was running was giving me a hard time to bend and cut. If you are wondering, I run a 500 ton shear at a metal recycling place. Anyways things didn't go right all day at work. Get home and start on my buddies car which i am also working on replacing the front end because of a wreck. When i started to turn on the air compressor.. it takes a shit. the damn electrical box just puffs up in smoke and no worky !!! ARGGG. So now i have to do it by hand which is kinda hard because of the space I have to work with. (the car is a 2000 Dodge Stratus by the way). The radiator that came with the front clip looks like it would work but its all backwards and stuff.. so now i have to try and rig something up. nothing is working and about 9pm the light under the carport goes out. By that time i said FUCK IT. I give up. LIGHTS OUT !!!

Today : I was already in a pissy mood this morning because of last night. I walk out the door and get in the Suzuki to take it to work since i kinda fixed it so i could drive it if needed and the damn battery is dead. OK.. so then i go to the next vehicle which is my 70 chevy C20 and the damn thing won't start... not getting any fire. I was like .. what the fuck.. because i drove it last night to the store and no problems and just came back and parked. So now i take the battery out the CB7 and put in the Suzuki and I just barely make it to work in time. Work was pretty good except for a line busting and having to replace a couple of grease fittings. On my way home... going the back way my car dies in my neighbors driveway ( which is the back way to my work). So i get out and just leave the damn thing right there... and walk home !!!! I had a buddy come over and see if he could help me fix my truck and while doing this I drop a pair of channel locks in between the radiator and grille and the damn thing pokes a hole in my radiator. So now i need a damn radiator and a new distributor !!!

So now i have six cars in the damn driveway.. and not a single fucking one runs !!! NOW that is fucking MURPHY's LAW !!! if something can... it will go wrong !!! I GIVE UP !!!

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

i swear to god it can get worse

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      i swear to god it can get worse
      Oh how effing right you are.

Comment

Yea dude its just not your week.

But it could ALWAYS be worse.

Comment

ok.. if you guys say so.. but maybe not with cars.. because i am out of running cars now !! LOL.

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

baby steps...baby steps.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

these last two weeks for me havent been the greatest,

it will change, hope for the good

Comment

thank god no one have set one of your cars on fire yet...
                1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Id get the old GM working first I hope you dont have any more set backs

Comment

u sound like my dad... too many projects and none of em working.. focus yourself. ask yourself what is the most crucial vehicle to get running and get it running. then go to the next, and the next, and so forth. just evaluate what needs to be done and don't try to tackle so many projects at once. the overall quality of work goes down when you try to do too much at once.

Comment

LOL... yeah. I think i am going to get the truck running tomorrow. That shouldn't take but 30min. After that i am going to begin on the f22b swap in the sedan.. and the hell with the Suzuki for now.

Comment

As far as cars go, I suppose I'm ok. As far as life goes... yeah... fighting tooth and nail. You hold on to the good, and meet the bad head on. It's like football... hold tight to what you want, and fight through the shit... cuz it's gonna come at you fast, and hit you hard.

If broken cars are your only worries, I envy you, my friend.

Comment

the cars are most of my worries.. but you know i still got the normal worries.. like rent is three weeks late.. and bills keep pilling up and shit.. but if i get this one car fixed then i can get paid and things should go in a foward motion from then on for a little bit.

one foot in front of another.. one step at a time .. LOL

Comment

it ends when your dead

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

ok .. here is the latest.. . tried to finish my buddies car up these last two days but having problems with paint now. Either they mix the wrong paint code or the gun ain't working right or the damn clear runs. I lost my keys to all my vehicles for half a day. and still no running cars.. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X