X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collective Racing Traction Bar Recall

If you have purchased a Blue collective racing traction bar from me,

REMOVE IT FROM YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY!

Please contact me at my shop 520 296-2223 or PM me here on this site.

I do not want any one potentially getting hurt while using this product.

Even though this product was intended for off road use only, I will be in contact with my manufacturer for a resolution to this matter.
    Last edited by 2point6; 09-15-2007, 07:24 PM.

What happens..

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      What happens..
      From what I can tell is that 2 members here have had the welds break. I do not want to risk anyone getting hurt, so I am asking that all of the Blue ones, be removed from the cars. The original black units were much stronger and have no issues.

Comment

what was the difference in the 1st gen bars and 2nd gen bars? how come the 2nd gen bars had weaker welds? i didnt have the bar but i was thinking about buying one in the future and i dont want anything breaking on me.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          what was the difference in the 1st gen bars and 2nd gen bars? how come the 2nd gen bars had weaker welds? i didnt have the bar but i was thinking about buying one in the future and i dont want anything breaking on me.
          The second sets were designed and manufactured by another fabrication shop.

Right now I have put a stop to any availibility on these parts.

Comment

Please repost.

Comment

I'd sticky it for you, Scott... but NOBODY reads those things! It's better just being bumped. I'll try to keep it up top.

I bought h22sparkle's bar. It's in my back seat waiting to go on (if I ever get a day off!) It's one of the black units, so that should be safe?

Comment

Bump
                .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

deeve the first gen black one is the same one i have.. its been fine from this day. so install it! lol

Comment

The black ones are not affected. Thankyou guys for the repost. I want to make sure everyone who bought a bar from me is taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                      deeve the first gen black one is the same one i have.. its been fine from this day. so install it! lol
                      Definitely! I'm about to quit one of my jobs, so I'll finally have time to give the Accord some attention! Care to help me install it? I don't want to screw it up! There may be nothing wrong with that bar (aside from sparkle's pulley marks... ) but there may be something wrong with my wrenching! I've yet to really screw something up, but I don't need this to be the first thing!

And Scott, it's a shame that there's a defect with the blue batch... but I know you'll make it right! I'll do what i can to keep bumping this to the top. Let me know (or simply delete the thread, you can delete your own) when you've contacted everyone that has purchased the blue bar.

Do you have any contact info for the people that have bought the potentially defective ones? Paypal email addresses, perhaps? I can always search and find their usernames on here. I know sometimes the email addresses used for paypal aren't used for normal email contact, but if they're serious enough about their cb7 to buy a bar from you, they're probably still active here. I can search the email and contact them, or give you their names, if you aren't sure who they are on here.

Comment

Deev you're about to quit ONE of your jobs? Damn how many do you have? haha

Comment

Scott's the man!
                          wat

Comment

BUMP
                            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

bump for some collective replies!

Comment

Working...
                              X