ticket help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ticket help

Well the other day i got two tickets. Failure to use signal and 80mph in a 45mph construction zone (ouch).

Well anyway i looked at the ticket and noticed that the cop put the wrong color. My car is oem Cobalt blue, he put black. It was a clear bright day so he should of had a nice view of my car if i was the car he clocked.

You think i have a chance of beating it by stating he was looking for a black car which my car isn't.

Also he pulled my over about 3mi from where he said he clocked me which is very far.

Is there a site where i can print out my paint code?

color wont matter and since it was in a construction zone the judge will probably take it serious since you could of killed someone trying to do there job

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      color wont matter and since it was in a construction zone the judge will probably take it serious since you could of killed someone trying to do there job
      yup yup yup yup
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

damn that sucks

Comment

yea it does but dont speed no more in construction zones bro...its not worth it at all.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

well it was on i95 where everyone goes over 70mph.

Comment

If it was a drastic color mixup like red vs black then I'd say you'd have a better chance but cobalt blue and black. I dont know about that one.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

http://www.ticketclinic.com/

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                ----
                02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

I agree with 95... I never speed elsewhere, but I'll always go fast on 95 or 295

The judge would probably laugh at the claim that it wasn't you, based on your near-black blue car being mistaken for black... that's almost as bad as me saying "my car is phantom gray, not black...". However, 3 miles might make a difference. Black CB7s are quite common, so there's no saying for sure if there wasn't one flying down the highway ahead of you. It does present some doubt.

It's a long shot, but might be worth the fight. You might want to get a lawyer as well... that's going to be some steep penalties! 35 over and no turn signal... that's 2 moving violations, in a construction zone. Not sure what DE does, but in NJ, anything in a construction zone is double the normal fine and points. You're looking at a HEFTY fine, and enough points to put you in danger of losing your license (again, using NJ laws, because they're all I know). Insurance is going to skyrocket for 5-7 years (not sure how long) and that'll DEFINITELY hurt with the s2k when you get it!

Get a lawyer, get the paint code (take a picture of your code, should be on a door jamb), take some GOOD pictures of your car in light that makes it look as BLUE as possible. Then pray. Pray hard. Buy some Astroglide just in case... because if you get an asshole judge, they're gonna bend you over good!

Oh, and drive your car to court... in case they want to see it in person.

Comment

NHTSA's State by State breakdown of Speeding Laws

MIT's State Traffic and Speed Laws Table and other helpful links

Just some links that are handy.. There are plenty of sites out there that claim to know what they are talking about, and turn out to be extrememly outdated or full of incorrect information to begin with. Make sure the source is reputable, especially if you are using the information you find to fight a ticket.

Later

Comment

Thanks

Comment

plead not guilty automatically. ask the judge if you could do some community service and keep the points, buy drop the fine.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

35 over....your license is going to be suspended for reckless driving. Just be prepared for it.

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                          X