Kia Bigot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia Bigot?

So I was browsing around Japan-Partner, dreaming of all the cars I would import if I could afford it and do it legally. When I happened upon this little gem.. Maybe it is a typo or maybe it means something completely different then what it does in english.

http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/36...-for-sale.html

Just thought I would share..

EDIT: And yes if I could do it legally and afford it I would import this car simply because of its name.. Later

Wow... I actually like it! Honestly, though... that little yellow car has no room to be judging others!

Comment

Price: USD 4,420
      FOB Price: USD 4,920

fresh off boat ?
      Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-10-2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

That's a Lotus Elan....I don't know if they were re badged as a KIA, but I can assure you it's a Lotus.
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
          Price: USD 4,420
          FOB Price: USD 4,920

fresh off boat ?
          FOB, an abbreviation for either Free On Board or Freight on Board, is a term commonly used when shipping goods, to indicate who pays loading and transportation costs, and/or the point at which the responsibility and ownership of the goods transfers from shipper to buyer. The precise meaning of the term FOB varies.

As for being a Lotus, wow... I didn't even realize that!

Lotus has something to do with just about every brand out there...

Comment

It looks nice, wish the rear end was a little longer though.

Comment

The rear end reminds me of a Mercury Capri... which makes sense, because the Capri was based off of the European designs... probably heavily Lotus influenced!

The front makes it, though.

So, when I saw Kia, I thought that it HAD to be FWD. Now that I know it's really a Lotus, I have to wonder if it's RWD... Wikipedia here I come!

***edit***
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elan

In June 1992 Elan production ceased due to economic conditions and a desire by the then owner of Lotus, General Motors, to reduce losses which amounted to some 36 million UK pounds over the period the Elan was in production.

In 1996 and 1997, Kia built the Elan under license as Kia Elan for the Korean market, using a 151 hp 1.8 L engine instead of the Isuzu made 1.6.

If you read... you'll see that the thing is powered by a turbo Isuzu motor that was found in the Impulse, as well as the matching Isuzu transmission.

So you can buy a Kia, powered by Isuzu, and built by Lotus.
              Not so bad! It's like buying a Saturn, powered by BMW, designed by Ferrari (ok, not quite... but a funny thing to think of anyway!)

Comment

I couldn't find any mention of it being called the Bigot... but I saw one mention of "Vigato"... Could just be a bad Japanese interpretation. It does fit the accent... A Japanese person saying "Vigato" would probably sound very much like "Bigot"

Comment

lol or someone who translated that already hated the car and named it bigot hahaha....
                  1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

There's other racist devices out there
                    http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/t...-media-player/

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X