Good Idea/Bad Idea? Pics inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Idea/Bad Idea? Pics inside.

Lets just say theres a guy who has a 90 accord, 2door, auto, pw, pl, 130k, clean title. the car is real clean inside/out, 18" wheels, body kit, aero fenders, carbon hood, altezzas, magnaflow catback, electric blue paint.

BUT--the car needs minor work. It does run (Great actually) but it was reversed over a curb and kinked the exhaust at (2) points, cracked the oil pan, and (2) front rims. The way this happened was they backed into a spot and instinctivly put the car in reverse instead of drive, and drove it up over the curb.

The car has NEVER been ran since; NO INTERNAL PROBS,ZERO damage to the bearings, or other internal components. Only needs:
    1) $150 pair of tires(rims-not necesarry at this time)
    2) $50 exhaust repair
    3) $50 oil pan

The reason theyre not fixing is that theyre broke and in need of a running car. Now theyre asking $2250 or trade. Ive got a 92 ex with 225k. Runs fine. They even have the oil pan theyll give me free. All id need to do is set up an appt at a shop(to install the oil pan/fix the exhaust), drive there, trade cars and have the work done. They were about to put it up fro sale before the accident anyway.

It has 100k less miles than mine, yeah its kitted, but it loosk good, and kinda like it. I know its kinda ricey, but not too ricey. Im just not sure if i can part with my car for this one.

Let me know what you guys think.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I would definatly recommend getting it into a shop or at least up on a lift where you can see the entire under carriage, check for any other damage.. Check the suspension especially, our suspension isn't made for jumping curbs, no matter how low the speeds.

Other then that the price seems steep IMO.. For the ammount of damage that they are telling you about plus what might be there that they do not know about.. A lot of unknowns for the price IMO.. Later

Comment

Well, i imagine theyd let me look it over before the purchase. Id want them to look over my car first as well. If theyll accept the trade straight up, i think itd be worth it. Im just looking for anything i may have missed. Im kinda about it so im trying to not go head-first into a bad deal.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

its a good trade but like MadSpleen said. get it on a lift and check out everything. look at the oil pick up tubes. make sure those arent bent or damaged. if they are it may well starve your engine of oil and then..hehe...your friends inside the motor may want to take a permanent vacation outside the block

Comment

Well, if i make an appt at a shop local to him ill have them look it over and tell me what they think.

Comment

get those front wheels!!! LOL

Comment

it looks nice man. when you get it. dont change nothing. not even the taillights. they look fine on there. they looks like the CF taillights anyway. but if you change the color make it black or a dark grey.

but other than that CHANGE NOTHING but drop the suspension.

Comment

sack....you and those damned wheels

If this does go through and its pulsl out great and everything, i wont change anything. Ill work on either replacing the front rims or all 4. Maybe do some engine mods. but the body is staying that way. Maybe some black corners. Maybe red/clear tails.

Comment

THe complete car looks fine. Just I would be worried about the other shit...You know that car has been ragged on. Underneath the car is a good thing to inspect since the car has an "altered" ride height.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

taillights, amber corners, drop it will be lookin coo.

Comment

some red/clear lights would go good with that color tho...

if you get rid of the CF ones sell them to me

Comment

Its an auto!!!!

Comment

I dont know how to drive MT --No Flaming!!

I probably wont get rid of the tails. If i do, ill be sure to sell them to a cb7tuner.

I think it may have a drop If not, it sure looks like it or at least looks good thus far. He got one other offer, and im not broke, but im def gonna have to scrounge and scrape up some cash for the repairs. the exhaust is like a $50 fix and hes got the pan, so thats like a $50 install. Plus gas there and back.

Comment

Give yourself about 1 hour and youll drive a 5speed and never go back to AUTO.
                            That kit is not dented in any way , the color is nice. Whats less than 300 worth of repairs for a nice car with less mileage than the cb u have now.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Exactly. It may need to be towed to a shop. Looked at, and the mech will tell me what really needs to be fixed. If it just needs the oil pan and exhaust, then its a hell of a deal. He and his "baby-due-anyday" wife are riding around in a reg cab pick-up, so he's wantingthis done "the sooner, the better" Cuz his wife needs/wants her own car. He's agredd that its a fair trade since im coming so far and willing to pay for the repairs.

Comment

Working...
                              X