Frame work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame work...

Ay guys for all that know, I wrecked my ride.. or somebody hit me... back in June. So I'm just gone do the body work myself I think.... but I gotta pull my frame out like 3-4 inches (rough estimate) but yeah..... anyone know the best way to do it. Heard of tieing it to a tree but I gotta get it pulled out a little bit so I can fix the transmission hose. It got busted and spurrs out fluid... bastards.... but yeah.. help me out here guyz
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

just thought about something.... getting a replacement fender from usedpartslive.com for $35.... thats pretty good. exact site....

http://www.usedpartslive.com/catalog...1991&catq=true

also wtf is the difference between the CAPA Certified Part and the regular replacement?!?!
    Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

uh.... anybody?
      Member's Ride Thread

Comment

its late so reponse on your question might take a bit... CAPA are like oem peices,they will fit... Non CAPA u might have fitment problems.

its a guess so dont hold it against me
        1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
        -Nava

Comment

Pulling the frame can be tricky... Personally, I would have a reputable shop do that much, and do the rest yourself. I have heard the tree thing, though.

Comment

anyone else got more info on this?
            Member's Ride Thread

Comment

dependding on how bad its bent... and the tree trick probally isnt going to work unless you got a strong enough comealong to pull with..... you need to make sure everything is squared up to or your always going to have problems.... my best advise is exatcly what iam doing..... i dont know where yours is hit at but mine was hit in the front.... pushed my driverside apron down 2 inchs so it sits 2 inches lower on the driverside than on the passenger side..... also to get it to bend your going to have to put some heat on it rather than just jerking it around while its tied to a tree.....if you tore down your car to all the shops got to do is pull the frame make sure everythings lined up for about 200-250$ then put everything back on yourself...... iam getting my frame pulled and new radiator cradle drilled out and re welded in for 200 .... its going to the shop next 2 weeks

if your insistent on doing it yourself you need to chain the car down so it wont move.... undercarriage has many places to hook a chain into.... then you need a comealong to pull with or a portapower to push with..... heat is good but to much heat and it wont be worth a fuck....
              Last edited by accord2nr81; 09-09-2007, 12:51 AM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

well like i said the estimate is pretty rough but.... here's the pic of mine http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=77667
                Member's Ride Thread

Comment

.....I have heard the tree thing, though.
                  The tree things is working....my friend did that on his 2004 Honda Civic LX, his front frame was damaged.

Comment

i would have to agree with deev, i work in a collision shop and your best bet is to find someone that will straighten the frame for you, if you do it with a tree and come along, if you don't get the measurements right you could have serious fitment issues. i would take to a good shop with a frame machine

Comment

Originally posted by sohc em
                      if you do it with a tree and come along, if you don't get the measurements right you could have serious fitment issues. i would take to a good shop with a frame machine
                      x2 not only that but you could over adjust and then your bent the opposite direction. Frame work IS EXPENSIVE. Maaco priced me at $350 just to put it on the equipment and take measurements.. Anything beyond that is extra.. Later

Comment

shit yah man, i tied the front of my s12 to a tree... threw it in reverse and inched it back.... Works.

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                          shit yah man, i tied the front of my s12 to a tree... threw it in reverse and inched it back.... Works.

same here my first car was a tempo with a bent radiator frame. just bounced it backwards and then i heard a pop and the frame poped back. only problem is that the part where the frame bent started rusting..

best bet is a shop man. thats gaurenteed work.
                          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Working...
                          X