Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl Issues

Heres the lowdown.

Earlier in the week, my girl bought herself a 300USD Coach purse which is about a thousand of our money here.

Now, shes still studying, doing her last semester in Accountancy (Dean's List student ever since)

The problem is, shud i tell her that she has a spending problem? Mind u, last month, she bought herself 2, yes 2 DKNY handbags.

I said to her, we students shudnt be spending like this. It just aint right.

Heck, even some working people are struggling to get thru the day, yest shes happily spending away.

When she sees her friend carrying a new bag, then she needs to get herself one too. Damn. Its fine that her parents (father) can provide her the money, but Im afraid when later on in life (once we get married) she cant sontrol her spendng

Shes been brought up like this since she was little.

She wears a Tissot watch, Dior shades (which are extremely expensive here)

Eats lunch at McD or TGI (i grab a bite at a nearby push cart stall LOL)

She buys me a watch for my birthday, gives me expensive perfume, she basically buys what i wear. You can call me whatever u want, but thats her.

I, on the other hand cant afford to buy her stuff like that.

I wasnt brought up to be a spendthrift. Its not like that I dont have money, but the money doesnt come easy to my family.

Even my dad has trouble paying the overdraft that he has fully drawn.

I just said it to her just now that she has a problem with her spending. Then she yells back

It's my money, I'll do whatever i want. I get what i want. Then hangs up.

I just dont get it. Arent we supposed to live humble? I mean, spending wise.

I just cant imagine what she'll do with her first paycheck.

/vent

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

I would say that it might not hurt just to let her know that you are concerned.. Just don't tell her to stop spending. There is a fine line between a guy being concerned and controlling, usually that line is better left uncrossed. A little concern shows her that you care about what she is doing and are worried about her habits.. Telling her to stop spending, would send her a big red flag that screams control freak..

It might be that she knows that she won't be able to afford everything that she wants later in life so she is splurging(sp?) now while she can.. College usually is a time of splurging IMO. College is viewed by many as the last chance to have fun before you get in the real world, and have a full time job, rent to pay, all kinds of bills, etc.

And just because you know someone is going to say it

This thread needs pics..

We all know someone will say it.. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
      And just because you know someone is going to say it

This thread needs pics..

We all know someone will say it.. Later
      what kind of pics buddy??

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
        what kind of pics buddy??
        work safe... IMO.. Later

Comment

work safe.. IMO.. Later
          of my girl? or the stuff she buys? LOL

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

I'm assuming that there will be someone that comes along and wants to see your girl.. Or a combination of both if you have any of her with the stuff she buys.. lol. I dont know.. Later

Comment

Both...

Comment

nice rant...

I was with a girl like this and we are still good friends. I just kinda laughed at it and think to myself, 'its not my money'

My friend works and blows her money quick... so she borrows from her parents and its kinda funny to see her parents money go to a waste, kind of....
                Shes and only child and was brought up in a semi-rich family. So her moms buys her shit all the time and she's well; yep, spoiled....

If your girl is spoiled by her parents then all i can say is, thats her family and you cant really interfere with that. You can mention something about it, but make a joke of it instead of telling her that you dont like how she just blows money on anything that will make her look good...

She's sounds high maintenance....

A buddy and I have came up with a slogan....
                "You cant find the girl you want to be with and make it happen. You have to find a girl you can deal with and understand what she does is who she is. (Same goes for the female...)"

Good luck with her. she sounds HOT!?

pics or ban!!! Na, jk
                93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

I'm assuming that there will be someone that comes along and wants to see your girl.. Or a combination of both if you have any of her with the stuff she buys.. lol. I dont know.. Later
                  i have lots of pics in my friendster profile.

just need to upload them to my image host.

EDIT: heres a pic of her and me.

Last edited by blizzard335; 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM.

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

if its her money let her buy whatever she wants. but when it comes to your money/tell her that she is spending way to much for stupid shit.

ps.
                    spent about 2k on ur car and see how she gona react
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Ebay the shit behind her back and make it back LOL hahaa im jk. No one likes to be told what to do but you can inform her of your concerns like someone mentioned above. Whenever you tell a girl to stop spending get ready for your dick to be cut off hahaha.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dude, i feel you. I have dated shicks like that and I really dont like it, especially when they are not working for the cash. If you can afford to purchase nice things for yourself and still manage every other finances in your life without living above your means then its fine, everyone needs to spoil themselves once in awhile. In your case, its a lot different, she HAS been spoiled since she was little and she IS still being spoiled by daddy so its gonna be hard to let her see your point. She basically keeping up with Jone's and not really spoiling herself. Just explain to her that its ok to spoil herself(once in a while) but its really redundant to try to keep up with Jone's because there will always be new products that other people will purchase and its really stupid to get something JUST because someone else has it.
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Heres the lowdown.

Earlier in the week, my girl bought herself a 300USD Coach purse which is about a thousand of our money here.

Now, shes still studying, doing her last semester in Accountancy (Dean's List student ever since)

The problem is, shud i tell her that she has a spending problem? Mind u, last month, she bought herself 2, yes 2 DKNY handbags.

I said to her, we students shudnt be spending like this. It just aint right.

Heck, even some working people are struggling to get thru the day, yest shes happily spending away.

When she sees her friend carrying a new bag, then she needs to get herself one too. Damn. Its fine that her parents (father) can provide her the money, but Im afraid when later on in life (once we get married) she cant sontrol her spendng

Shes been brought up like this since she was little.

She wears a Tissot watch, Dior shades (which are extremely expensive here)

Eats lunch at McD or TGI (i grab a bite at a nearby push cart stall LOL)

She buys me a watch for my birthday, gives me expensive perfume, she basically buys what i wear. You can call me whatever u want, but thats her.

I, on the other hand cant afford to buy her stuff like that.

I wasnt brought up to be a spendthrift. Its not like that I dont have money, but the money doesnt come easy to my family.

Even my dad has trouble paying the overdraft that he has fully drawn.

I just said it to her just now that she has a problem with her spending. Then she yells back

It's my money, I'll do whatever i want. I get what i want. Then hangs up.

I just dont get it. Arent we supposed to live humble? I mean, spending wise.

I just cant imagine what she'll do with her first paycheck.

/vent

Sounds like my EX.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

i have lots of pics in my friendster profile.

just need to upload them to my image host.

EDIT: heres a pic of her and me.

She's a cutie for sure....and you look just like I pictured you
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
                              She's a cutie for sure....and you look just like I pictured you
                              hellz yeah shes cute!!

ive known her since we were in elementary school.

thats more than 10 years ago LOL. I was a lot thinner then too.

hm..

i'll just let reality do its bit.

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X