2008 Accord is Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wafflefries
    Now that I think about it I never noticed any vibration whatsoever either, but when I drove it..it freakin pulled.

Yes, yes they do.

You figure that a stock non-LSD Accord V6 6speed coupe, weighs in about 3500lbs, and it can run right on the verge, or even slightly into the 13's stock, WITH crappy all season tires and traction issues. And despite the weight, and "FWD handicap" they still manage to pull almost .9G's on the skidpad with those same crappy tires, and traction issues, and they are much more impressive and capable than people give them credit for. I will agree that the balance is slightly different, but if you can truly drive, you could deal with it. Plus, like the 7th gen Accord, I have a feeling that a stiffer rear anti-roll bar would make a huge difference as well.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
      that thing looks ugly. but i like the motor. its probably a j or c series motor.
      Ugly? No way.
      GangGreenGang 330kmiles Strong

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        4 cylinders are SULEV, and I believe the 6's are ULEV.
        I know the ULEV have been around for awhile but the other day was the first time i saw the SULEV.
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Every time I see this thread, I wish my brothers car was fixed. Stupid Triple AAA is being a bitch to my brother (other dudes insurance). It will probably be a month before he gets his car fixed. In the meantime, he gets to drive a Chrysler Sebring...which has a 2.4L 4 cylinder rated at about 177hp...My brother said my car has more power than that thing!
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Yea Triple AAA was the one I had to deal with for my insurance. You need to be able to negotiate with them. I failed as they did not take my engine swap and shit into consideration and so on but oh well cars somewhat fixed im satisfied.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
              I know the ULEV have been around for awhile but the other day was the first time i saw the SULEV.

SULEV actually debuted on the 1998 Accord 4 cylinder, as an option in select states like Cali. They are not very common.

And also, the newer SULEV, ULEV, and LEV standards are stricter.

Comment

SULEV actually debuted on the 1998 Accord 4 cylinder, as an option in select states like Cali. They are not very common.

And also, the newer SULEV, ULEV, and LEV standards are stricter.
                Ok thats what i've been waiting to hear. I thought that they started that ULEV LEV stuff awhile back i just was not sure.
                The dealer i went to didnt have any 2.4L in a 5spd they are makin they that way right?

God i love this car! Think i'm gonna get it in the grey?
                Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I saw a 2.4 coupe last night with the OEM optional lip kit all around. Looked pretty hot.
                  Raceline USA

Comment

The rims that come on the 4 cylinder coupe are fugly though...
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

It should also be mentioned that the V6 6speed coupe is MUCH stronger than the auto V6. To the tune of about 30WHP and some odd torque. Broader curve too.

Honda underrated them fairly severely at 268HP. They are actually closer to 290.

Also, it should be mentioned that even with severely limited traction, they are running in the low 14's and would probably be capable of high 13's with a good driver. STOCK. That is about .5-1 second quicker than the 7th gen V6 6 speed which was itself no slouch.
                      Count me in for a Sedan with a 6 Speed swap.
                      Also Would settle for a coupe with a 6sp. V6.

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
                        Ok thats what i've been waiting to hear. I thought that they started that ULEV LEV stuff awhile back i just was not sure.
                        The dealer i went to didnt have any 2.4L in a 5spd they are makin they that way right?

God i love this car! Think i'm gonna get it in the grey?

Yes, but there is so much demand on the coupes right now that it is hard to find exactly what you want. You would probably have to request it through a dealer trade, or order it specially. No discounts on those, not that they are giving them much of one anyway.

Personally, I like Belize Blue Pearl, but the gray is nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                          Count me in for a Sedan with a 6 Speed swap.
                          Also Would settle for a coupe with a 6sp. V6.

It is STILL going to be a lot weaker than the coupe.

Comment

I understand that, but I have kid on the way soon possibly,
                            I was just thinking of that dude...
                            A Sedan with the power of the Coupe would be tight...
                            I've driven a K powered LX Sedan, and was amazed, so who knows what I'd say if I drove a V-6 one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                              I understand that, but I have kid on the way soon possibly,
                              I was just thinking of that dude...
                              A Sedan with the power of the Coupe would be tight...
                              I've driven a K powered LX Sedan, and was amazed, so who knows what I'd say if I drove a V-6 one lol.
                              Just think Mustang GT engine in an Accord. That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                                The rims that come on the 4 cylinder coupe are fugly though...
                                yeah they are but you can have them changed.

Yes, but there is so much demand on the coupes right now that it is hard to find exactly what you want. You would probably have to request it through a dealer trade, or order it specially. No discounts on those, not that they are giving them much of one anyway.

Personally, I like Belize Blue Pearl, but the gray is nice too.
                                yeah but it shouldn't be hard to get a 2.4L stick. i might have to look at all the dealers in day-go then. yeah that blue it awsome i'm afraid some1 will steal her. vvvv why i like the gray vvvv
                                Last edited by benjerman112; 07-16-2008, 10:58 PM.
                                Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Working...
                                X