No announcement yet.

2008 Accord is Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honisty dont like the new accords stoped liking them after 1997 =/ they dont have that same honda look they used to have to them
    Blake.
    1994 Accord Part out!
    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord
      i honisty dont like the new accords stoped liking them after 1997 =/ they dont have that same honda look they used to have to them
      yeah dude cuz the engineers who designed the cb7 are retired.
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
        yeah dude cuz the engineers who designed the cb7 are retired.
        indeed!
        Blake.
        1994 Accord Part out!
        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

im gettin one soon
          ...not gettin the v6
          MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

why does honda never go all out on there v6 engine's as far as hp/liter ratio?
            People dont look at the accord as a "performance sedan or coupe"

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Because their objective is not to get the largest amount of power out of it. They are going for an overall balance of power, emissions (all V6 Accords are now ULEV, I believe), and fuel economy. As it is, the J35 in the Coupe gets around 290hp out of 3.5L. Compare that to a 4.6L Mustang GT motor that puts out 300, and you can see where Honda has worked it's magic again.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Because hp/l is for tools.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                  Because their objective is not to get the largest amount of power out of it. They are going for an overall balance of power, emissions (all V6 Accords are now ULEV, I believe), and fuel economy.
                  When i was lookin at the 2.4L it had SULEV on the plastic thing that covers the engine.
                  Freedom Is Not Free
                  U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

OMG SUPER ULTRA LOW EMISSIONS VEHICLE lol. Yea hondas pushing the boundaries of that. I think the s stands for super lol.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This engine realistically puts out about 83 HP/liter, if you are speaking of the J35 in the V6 6 speed. That is not bad. By contrast the strongest CB7 F22 put out a whopping 63 HP/liter. Considering that the J35 gets similar real world economy, has a MUCH better powerband, is quieter, smoother, and doesn't weigh much more, all while qualifying for LEV status, and running on 87 octane, is a pretty good testament to the advancement of technology in the last 20 years.

Also, if you notice, all of Honda's 100+HP/liter engines are very peaky in nature, and most everyone else's are boosted. Neither of those is the mission of the J35. And I can assure you that although it might not be as impressive on a HP/L basis, it IS one hell of a sweet engine. Easily the best overall Honda engine I have dealt with yet. It pulls low, it pulls in the middle, and it still has the wonderful top end that have always made Hondas feel like they are never working hard. It sounds awesome, and is so smooth, you usually can't tell it is running, and just never really makes any bad noises or vibes. It is easily considered one of the smoothest operators on the planet, and shames even the Lexus 2GR-FSE in that regard. The exhaust note is equal to the best 6 cylinder exhaust notes I have heard. It responds extremely well to modification (especially boost), and is simple and easy to work on. And it pulls it off with a SOHC design.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
                        When i was lookin at the 2.4L it had SULEV on the plastic thing that covers the engine.

4 cylinders are SULEV, and I believe the 6's are ULEV.

Comment

Scott is absolutely correct on the smoothness of the J35. You simply cannot tell that the car is running from the passenger seat without looking at the tachometer. There is no discernable vibration. Scott definitely hit the nail on the head with the powerband as well. This thing has wonderful amounts of power. My brother can be cruising in 6th and just nail the gas and that thing will still pull. Too bad the poor thing got wrecked...if any of you read the post about that, the insurance adjuster has estimated damage to be approximately $8,600.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I guess Ive never noticed the smoothness in my friends car since he has exhaust...which sounds like sex.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
                              I guess Ive never noticed the smoothness in my friends car since he has exhaust...which sounds like sex.

Yes, yes they do.

Comment

Now that I think about it I never noticed any vibration whatsoever either, but when I drove it..it freakin pulled.
                                To-Do List for Today
                                Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X