2008 Accord is Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socal_cb7
    This is something interesting, The automatic transmition has 268hp SOHC, and the manual has 190 DOHC Even the H22 can put out more power that the manual trani

Not quite sure what you are pointing to...one is a 3.5L V6 (268HP) and the other is a 2.4L 4 cylinder. Of course the V6 makes more power.

Also, the way car companies measure horsepower has changed since the H22 was around. 190HP under the new system would probably be just over 200 HP under the old system, which makes this engine MORE powerful than an H22.

Oh yeah, and it has more torque, better fuel economy, better emmissions, and is quieter and smoother.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

But even then, it has .2 more liters displacement, and includes i-vtec. One would think it should have higher hp than the old out dated H22

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
        But even then, it has .2 more liters displacement, and includes i-vtec. One would think it should have higher hp than the old out dated H22

It effectively does. It is also not tuned for "peak power" like the H22. It is designed to be torquey, smooth, fuel efficient, clean, etc.

And it STILL makes as much peak power as an H22, despite having a far broader torque curve, and all of the other things mentioned.

Also, my understanding is that the new 190 HP K24 is NOT similar to the TSX version. The Accord version uses the "crappy" form of VTEC with no variable lift on the exhaust side, and even has a close coupled cat that is very similar to the design on the current J series.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          uhhh, the manual model is the run of the mill K-series. I guess theyre not offering a 6spd V6?

EDIT: and, I suck at reading. Those numbers are for 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models, not automatic versus manual. The 6spd probably puts out just as much as the automatic V6

V6 6 speed will be available in coupe only. Cars so equipped do not come with VCM, which is why they have slightly lower MPG.

Comment

These things come with kinda weird engine/tranny combo's. They shouldn't decide what kind of power, fuel economy or type of tranny you get by how many doors you want. But I think they look nice. Drove by the local Honda dealership yesterday, and they had them in.
            177 hp i4 manual : sedan only
            177 hp i4 auto : sedan only
            190 hp i4 manual : sedan/coupe
            190 hp i4 auto : sedan/coupe
            268 hp v6 manual (no VCM) : coupe only
            268 hp v6 auto (VCM) : sedan/coupe
            Why can't they just offer all the motor/tranny options with both coupe and sedan? Ah, well.....
            Last edited by sandman61377; 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Nice! Although looking at it doesn't remind at all of an Accord, or what a new one should look like. For some reason the front reminds me of a Dodge or something else domestic lol :S

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

I just teat drove this mofo and i frickin love it i'm getting one, just not sure whitch one the v6 6spd or the 2.4L 5spd but i am gettin one.
                Freedom Is Not Free
                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  im still tryin to figure out if id get one of those or the altima coupe. hmmm.....

The Alti cantt hold the cord.The Cord beats it everywhere. All day err day..

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                    The Alti cantt hold the cord.The Cord beats it everywhere. All day err day..

my mom has the 08 altima and its nice and quick but CVT transmissions are not my style so if you go with one diffently go with a manual

GO 2009 TSX
                    Click Here
                    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
                    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
                    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
                    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
                    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

2 door altimas are ugly.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It should also be mentioned that the V6 6speed coupe is MUCH stronger than the auto V6. To the tune of about 30WHP and some odd torque. Broader curve too.

Honda underrated them fairly severely at 268HP. They are actually closer to 290.

Also, it should be mentioned that even with severely limited traction, they are running in the low 14's and would probably be capable of high 13's with a good driver. STOCK. That is about .5-1 second quicker than the 7th gen V6 6 speed which was itself no slouch.

Comment

"On Accord Coupe V-6 models with automatic transmission, the V-6 engine features the latest generation of Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) technology.

This system can activate and deactivate the engine’s cylinders as needed to meet the demands of both acceleration and fuel savings. When maximum torque is required, all six cylinders are firing. During steady cruising speeds , VCM shuts down one bank of cylinders. In this mode, the audio system’s Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) function generates out-of-phase sound waves to cancel out any undesirable noise that may be due to the harmonics of 3-cylinder operation.

As cruising speed increases the engine moves to a 4-cylinder mode for extra cruising power. To help keep engine vibration from reaching the cabin in every mode, engine mounts automatically adjusts their firmness to help absorb energy. The transition between the three operating modes is completely seamless and goes unnoticed by the Accord’s passengers."

wow.
                          ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            "On Accord Coupe V-6 models with automatic transmission, the V-6 engine features the latest generation of Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) technology.

This system can activate and deactivate the engine’s cylinders as needed to meet the demands of both acceleration and fuel savings. When maximum torque is required, all six cylinders are firing. During steady cruising speeds , VCM shuts down one bank of cylinders. In this mode, the audio system’s Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) function generates out-of-phase sound waves to cancel out any undesirable noise that may be due to the harmonics of 3-cylinder operation.

As cruising speed increases the engine moves to a 4-cylinder mode for extra cruising power. To help keep engine vibration from reaching the cabin in every mode, engine mounts automatically adjusts their firmness to help absorb energy. The transition between the three operating modes is completely seamless and goes unnoticed by the Accord’s passengers."

wow.
                            now thats what i talking about right there. honda technology at its finest.

NAiL05: 2 door altimas are ugly
                            your right on that right there^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                              now thats what i talking about right there. honda technology at its finest.

NAiL05: 2 door altimas are ugly
                              your right on that right there^^^^

Oddly, I disagree. I almost think they could have achieved the same results and had MUCH better performance with a 6 speed transmission.

The coupe barely gets worse MPG as it is, and they could have changed the gear ratios a bit on the auto to get a more favorable MPG spread. The coupe doesn't have super short gears to begin with, but they are a little more performance oriented.

That would have allowed them to use the REGULAR J35 in the 6 speed coupe, which would romp the shit out of the 3.5 that is currently offered with the automatic. The VCM J35 isn't very strong in the bottom end because the VCM takes away the traditional VTEC function. Performance is on par with the 06-07 Accord V6, which got quite a bit better MPG in the real world, I believe. We should have an 09 Accord in about a year or so, so perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

Or, they could have combined 6speed auto with VCM J35 and still got better MPG and better performance.

The main complaint with 6 speeds has been hunting for gears. Simple software tweaking could help fix this though.

Comment

why does honda never go all out on there v6 engine's as far as hp/liter ratio?
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X