No announcement yet.

2008 Accord is Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The styling is the most controversial issue. Keep in mind that EVERY generation of Accord (save the 3rd) up to an including the 1998-02 was slammed for being annonymous. The ONLY thing that saved the 3rd, were the headlights. The 03-05 was slammed for being disjointed, and the 06-07 was pretty indifferent. The 08 seems to fall into the love it or hate it category with the 03-05, which in a way is good and bad. Polarizing styling draws attention. Cautious people tend to not like it. I REALLY like the overall lines of the sedan. I wasn't fond of the 03-05 except from certain angles. The 08 looks substantial, upscale, well built, and noticable, but not TOO noticeable. These cars ARE easily recognizeable on the highway, and they don't look "ugly", although styling is highly subjective. I am not as fond of the lense treatments. I don't care as much for the altezzaish style tails, although in person they look jewel like, and I still don't like seeing the bulging headlight from the rear 3/4 view. I have mostly adjusted to the tails. However, from EVERY other angle, the headlights are a non issue, and from head on, the car looks pretty aggressive and hunkered down, because you can't see the lenses unless you are standing OVER the car, so I guess that is to say that it is growing on me. I also in some ways prefer the front of the sedan because it makes the "pedestrian friendly" front seem less bulbous. It sticks out badly on the coupe, but it isn't nearly as noticeable on the sedan. Perhaps, they raked the suspension a bit more on the sedan, or maybe the rear of the hoodline is higher. I don't know.

All in all, it was a great drive, and hopefully, we will have one in the garage soon.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I think that the 08 Accord is way bigger, but i still have my CB... getting out of the 08 Accord and then getting into my 91 Accord i feel like i'm cramped up and i have no space. I've only been in a CD5 and i thought it had just about as much room as my CB7 i wish i could get in a 98 99 coupe cause i really like the body lines on the., and i love everything about the 08 coupe, never looked at the shape of the trunk just wowed buy how much room it has. I to am a fan of the old vinyl roof liner. I dont think the front end of the coupe sticks out that much. When i test drove the coupe i had my mom and my sister who are just as tall as me (5-11) and they were pleased w/the room they had, on that note when my sister got her new BMW 335i their was no room in the back of that car. I never look at the 4dr cause i've always had a coupe and i like the way every coupe looks, I dont think the 4dr ugly either but the coupe just looks better.
      Last edited by benjerman112; 06-29-2008, 11:25 PM.
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
        I think that the 08 Accord is way bigger, but i still have my CB... getting out of the 08 Accord and then getting into my 91 Accord i feel like i'm cramped up and i have no space. I've only been in a CD5 and i thought it had just about as much room as my CB7 i wish i could get in a 98 99 coupe cause i really like the body lines on the., and i love everything about the 08 coupe, never looked at the shape of the trunk just wowed buy how much room it has. I to am a fan of the old vinyl roof liner. I dont think the front end of the coupe sticks out that much. When i test drove the coupe i had my mom and my sister who are just as tall as me (5-11) and they were pleased w/the room they had, on that note when my sister got her new BMW 335i their was no room in the back of that car. I never look at the 4dr cause i've always had a coupe and i like the way every coupe looks, I dont think the 4dr ugly either but the coupe just looks better.
        Yes, the CB7 is smaller, and actually, by most interior dimensions other than width, the CD5 is smaller than the CB. Everyone always says "oh they are just TOO big" but the fact of the matter is that in this category big sells.

Sales of the CB were higher than the CD. Sales of the CD were less than the CG, which so far has been the best selling generation. IMO the biggest reason the 7th gen didn't sell better was because of the rear end styling. Sales picked up quite a bit in 06-07. As of right now, the 8th gen is well on its way to potentially becoming the best selling generation Accord ever.

I also never said the coupe was ugly, but the nose DOES look more upright from the side than the sedans. Overall, I like the coupe better, but the nose is a little more abrupt. Also, at 6'0" I fit fine in the back seat of the coupe, with the front seat set for another 6'0" I would probably have no problem with someone about 6'3" in the front seat. It would be tight, but it would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          ...I still don't like seeing the bulging headlight from the rear 3/4 view.
          Same here.

The other thing i dont like is the amount of buttons on NAV equipped models.
          Looks like you're driving a plane with that many buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
            Same here.

The other thing i dont like is the amount of buttons on NAV equipped models.
            Looks like you're driving a plane with that many buttons.
            Perhaps that is why I have a different perspective on it. I haven't messed with the NAVI model yet. It is enticing for the bluetooth capability, but most likely it wouldn't be a consideration for resale value reasons. You pretty much lose the entire cost of the navi at trade in time, and they still have a long ways to go before it is really effective, because it still primarily covers only major areas, although they are working on that.

I don't mind the single function buttons, because once you hit it the first time, you are done, and once you get used to the layout, it is easy to use from a functionality standpoint. Versus the knob/multi function route, where you have to cycle through multiple options, while looking at the screen, and thus not paying attention to the road. I know one of the issues that is hard in making the transition to glass cockpits in some airplanes is the multitude of submenu functions that are complicated and take time to get right. Whereas, in the "old days" you hit one button or switch, and got what you wanted, even though you had a lot of buttons and switches. Both systems take learning and adjustment. I tend to prefer which ever one keeps your eyes on the road the most. And being a pilot, I feel more comfortable with lots of buttons...

Comment

Working...
            X