first day of college tomorrow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first day of college tomorrow..

so yea, kinda glad school is starting so i have something to get busy on , but then i rather be a lazy ass and not go . so how is college compared to high school? professors take attendance? alot of homework? alot of classwork?

I like college so much better than high school, most of my professors only took attendance for FASFA and stuff like that. I haven't had alot of homework, but I'm just starting English and such. Classwork depends on the class though. So what are you going for?
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Everything depends on the profs.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
        so yea, kinda glad school is starting so i have something to get busy on , but then i rather be a lazy ass and not go . so how is college compared to high school? professors take attendance? alot of homework? alot of classwork?
        damn, i start school tomorrow. thanks for reminding me.. : lols. college is a bit more relaxed compared to high school. teachers don't really care for attendence, since you've paid to be in the class, they can careless. and plus, they can't dock your grade because of your attendece, (well, that's what my school says.) For the 2 years, the only important days are the midterms and finals, that's when teachers really don't care if you show up or not, the less people taking it, the less papers they have to grade. the hardest days of school are the week of finals and midterms, the other weeks are easy as pie.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Like said above it really depends on the professor, or instructor, and the class subject itself..

I am going for Automotive Technology and Administration of Justice (Policing and Corrections). The fall semester just started about a week ago and I already had a little bit of homework in my Auto classes and a 2 page paper to write for ADMJ. It doesn't sound like I am going to have too much homework in either of the Auto classes but the ADMJ classes sound like a lot of research papers and other homework.

I never have been one to like going to school at all, especially HS. I definatly prefer College over HS. Getting to set my hours and not have to take stuff I dont want to right away.. I am not going to any big school or anything, just a local Community College.. Later

Comment

Just get ready for funny accents and try to understand all of mine were from africa and iran stuff like that, it sucks they got mad cause I would tell them to slow down so everybody and understand lol!
            99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

LOL, i think i wouldnt expect that. am goin to some local community college around here.

Comment

Yes! Classes start tomorrow, That means bitches bitches bitches. LoL. Oh college, It depends on what your major is, Some majors are just plain hard as hell, some are easy. Teachers dont really care about what you do. Basically if you are old enough to go to college you are old enough to handle whatever you do wrong.

Comment

College is typically geared toward a higher maturity level than high school. In high school you are bridging the mental gap between child and adult, but you are pretty much FORCED to be there.

Colleges are charachteristic of adult learning. Adult learning is charachterized by a set of goals and tangible results, i.e. you can take classes that will ultimately benefit you, thus giving you something tangible in return, and motivating you.

So the classes are approached from that aspect. Some of the core classes are not desireable to you, as an adult, but they serve a means to an end, in that the overall education should be desireable to you as an adult.

Usually, but not always, everything is geared toward you being mature enough to handle the workload. Most professors won't care on way or another if you are there, or you succeed. This is especially true with much larger colleges where there are way more students than faculty. They simply don't have time to babysit. In a CC environment, you are more likely to be personally involved with professors, which honestly is good for the quality of education.

Each teacher should hand out a syllabus with rules, terms, and conditions etc. In many cases, they will even give you a general outline of what is going to be covered and when. So you know up front what is expected, allowed, etc. That makes it nice, because there is no guess work.

Also charachteristic of adult learning, is to get the maximum you can out of what you are paying for. It is no longer frowned upon to be involved and participate in class. In many cases it is expected, and your grade may depend on it. Again, up to the professor. It can be irritating when someone asks so many questions, that it interupts the flow of the rest of the class, but it is no longer advisable to sit in the back and not say anything, like it was in high school.

If you go in with an open mind, and a true desire to be there, you will do just fine. There will be an initial period of adjustment, but it will work out.

And remember, if used properly, there is no such thing as a pointless college class. The whole point of a college degree is to give you a broader knowledge, that allows you to think and reason on levels that non college grads can't. Correlation is the true term for it.

Correlation is basically your ability to take something learned in one environment, and apply it to a situation that is completely outside of that environment, or encompasses that environment. It is to see things in the big picture, and be able to understand how to manipulate, or apply that big picture.

Keep the right mindset, and it will be the best time of your life, or at least up there in them.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                    Yes! Classes start tomorrow, That means bitches bitches bitches. LoL. Oh college, It depends on what your major is, Some majors are just plain hard as hell, some are easy. Teachers dont really care about what you do. Basically if you are old enough to go to college you are old enough to handle whatever you do wrong.

LOL! If you are a freshman, it is harder to attract women, because they tend to go for the older "more mature" guys. Unless, there is a favorable male:female ratio. LOL!
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

or unless you drive a cb lol
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I started last week. Lots of scenery...
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I start next week...Woo architecture...

Since you are going to a community college am I correct when I assume you are not staying in a dorm?

Although near the end my dorm was FULL of drama the first week girls were pretty much throwing themselves to whoever would talk to them...Too bad I had a girlfriend....ahhh regrets

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                            or unless you drive a cb lol
                            Oh yeah, the cb is a chick magnet I just started college. It's pretty awesome (Other than having to look for 30 minutes to find a parking space And not being able to have a place to work on the car)

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

college was some of the best time i had getting (drunk) i mean the education..............lol

4 door ex-l

Comment

Working...
                              X