Excel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel question

If I want to copy the information from one cell to another, is there a way to do it? I have to use Excel for my job, and it can get redundant! I do property inspections, and I have to list the names of the owners and occupants... which are often the same thing. I also have to list the address of the property in question, and the address that the owners reside at... again, usually the same. Sometimes these things are complicated (you should see some of these names!) It's a pain in the butt to constantly retype everything. I TOTALLY forgot all my Excel schooling! I'm sure I could find it online if I searched, but I'm rushing to get it done. I figured I'd ask you guys briefly (this is brief for me, as you know! )

Copy and paste?

Keyboard shortcut: ctrl + c and ctrl + v.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
      Yup it's as easy as that.

You can also right click on a cell (or group of selected cells) and select copy.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Oh yeah, copy and paste... because I didn't think of that

I meant some sort of formula I could use. "*=4D" or something like that. If I recall correctly, Excel has that ability... I just don't know how to use it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Oh yeah, copy and paste... because I didn't think of that

I meant some sort of formula I could use. "*=4D" or something like that. If I recall correctly, Excel has that ability... I just don't know how to use it. Maybe I'm wrong.
          I cant believe they thought you would be so dumb to ask this question without trying the simple no brainer stuff 1st Sorry I'mm lousy wih excel
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

yea, if it's just a cell or a few cells you want to copy, enter "=cell number" in the cell you want the copy to be.

say, in cell a1 you have a name, number or w/e and way down in cell z69 you have to input the same exact thing, just put in that(z69) cell, "=a1"

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

From your first post I assumed you were working with mostly non numerical items for your cells. Why then are you thinking of using formulas?

I'm guessing you are trying this because you would like a number of same value cells, to reflect changes made to the original.

Bear with me lol, I'm simply trying to understand exactly what you want to do.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
                From your first post I assumed you were working with mostly non numerical items for your cells. Why then are you thinking of using formulas?

I'm guessing you are trying this because you would like a number of same value cells, to reflect changes made to the original.

Bear with me lol, I'm simply trying to understand exactly what you want to do.
                Have you ever used excel and its features?

It's a wonderful thing if you have lots of shit to keep track of.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  Have you ever used excel and its features?

It's a wonderful thing if you have lots of shit to keep track of.
                  I have. For very simple tasks though.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I just want to type something short that will take the contents of cell X and copy them to cell Y. Words, yes.

Comment

I just want to type something short that will take the contents of cell X and copy them to cell Y. Words, yes.
                      What d112crzy said works. Just type in the cell ="cell number", no quotes needed. Works with anything, numbers, formulas, and words. I tried.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                        Copy and paste?

x2

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                        My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

= begins a function/equation to calculate the value to put in that cell.

then you can refer to other cells directly.

it could be as simple as =c3 or something like =(a1+a2)/2

theres many many other functions available, theres a list of them in the help file.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                          X