Parking Questions about NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Questions about NYC

im in Baltimore with my lady friend... and we wanna go checkout NYC..its like a 2 hour drive.... is there like plenty of parking spaces we can just park the car and walk around....i wanna hit the subway up and chill.????

also are hotels an arm and a leg there... i just dont wanna be the guy with the I <3 N.Y t-shirt and camera that gets robbed

just wondering if i could park in the city and put a shit load of change in the meter.. i have never been to NYC help this floridian out

i never drive to the city...i always took the train

parking garages charge an arm and a leg..im sure you can find meters tho..nyc is a pretty expensive place...idk bout hotels but jus search online for cheap hotels

Comment

no you generally can't park in the "city." it depends on what borough you're going to. Manhattan which is technically New York city is the biggest bitch to park in... especially downtown (times square, columbus circle, etc.) If you go uptown (Wash. Heights, Harlem) its still hard but its much easier. If you plan on being in the city, you have to park it in a garage which is an arm, a leg, and your newborn. And if you find a neighborhood with meters, I believe the usual limit is 1 hour tops before 7 or 9 pm, one of the two.

Comment

Your best bet would be to park up in an outer borough and take the train into manhattan.

As for the hotels it depends on what you consider to be expensive. What are you looking to spend per night or whatever? You could definitely find cheap hotels in the bronx or queens.

Comment

Yea dude....parking in Manhattan is a no no.

When i visit my girl in Brooklyn, if we go to the city we take the train and walk. Parking esp in downtown is nutty....

Its just easier.

And hotels...ummm if you want cheap or decent try staying in like Brooklyn or Queens...hotels in the city are going to be really expensive. Shit even Fridays is expensive in the city....me and ma gurrl ate there and it was like 50 bucks for just an apetizer and two meals!!!

Comment

yeahhh i dont drive to manhattan unless its night time, dont ever attempt it during the day, and even at night it might take forever to find a spot depending on what neighborhood you are in...

and the parking garages are a rip off...

as far as hotels, there might be some reasonable ones in manhattan but more likely than not, it will cost at least 100 a night.

^Click to view my Members Ride Thread^

Comment

Park in Jersey and take the ferry over.

Comment

^^^ part in deeves house

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Park in Jersey and take the ferry over.
                  cool where is a good ferry .. i might just do it.... yo deev ill park at your crib if you let me... im not pushin the cb7 tho.. i am in the big egg neon

Comment

a big ass neon at Deevs!?!?!?

ROFL

Right next to the GTP thats one hell of a photoshoot just beggin for some love.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      cool where is a good ferry .. i might just do it.... yo deev ill park at your crib if you let me... im not pushin the cb7 tho.. i am in the big egg neon

Damm you dont wanna park at deev's house. Thats about 2 1/2 hrs drive from the city south. Park in Queens(good part), Brooklyn(good side), or CT and take the ferry.

Comment

Park by my place. Jackson Heights. Its a good neighborhood. I've never had any problems. You see a Maybach parked out on the street now and then. Looks like a funeral wagon.. kinda creepy.

Comment

My fault for not hitting you back.

Like everyone says you can just park in an outer borough and take the train in.

Or you can hit up some of the calmer parts in the city. I went to school on 3rd ave and 8th St. and used to get parking on Avenues A-D on the lower streets. I hear there's a lot of parking in Soho too, again on the East Side.

Or you could just park at your company's headquarters on the weekends... oh wait

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                          X