So im thinkin' about the Air Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    The military is NEVER a free ride to college.
    They sure make it seem that way in the advertisements though, don't they?

I have the deepest respect for those in the military. I couldn't do it... well, I could, but I wouldn't want to. Without them, we'd be in big trouble!

However, the military is for people who WANT to be there... or people who have no better option. If you WANT to be a soldier, then it's perfect for you. If you live in terrible conditions... unable to feed yourself regularly, a house that's falling down, a neighborhood that's a warzone... ok, fine. Joining the military would ensure proper nutrition, sanitary conditions, and relative safety (if you go to war, that doesn't really apply... but you may be no worse off then before)

If you live with your parents in a nice neighborhood, getting good food and shelter... while going to college... you do NOT have a life worth giving up for the military! If you don't want the military life for what it is, then you'd be giving up way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      They sure make it seem that way in the advertisements though, don't they?

I have the deepest respect for those in the military. I couldn't do it... well, I could, but I wouldn't want to. Without them, we'd be in big trouble!

However, the military is for people who WANT to be there... or people who have no better option. If you WANT to be a soldier, then it's perfect for you. If you live in terrible conditions... unable to feed yourself regularly, a house that's falling down, a neighborhood that's a warzone... ok, fine. Joining the military would ensure proper nutrition, sanitary conditions, and relative safety (if you go to war, that doesn't really apply... but you may be no worse off then before)

If you live with your parents in a nice neighborhood, getting good food and shelter... while going to college... you do NOT have a life worth giving up for the military! If you don't want the military life for what it is, then you'd be giving up way too much.

LOL! I don't know, they can't really pull it off as easily with a war and all. I have seen more of the "push yourself to the limit, and find the adventure." But yes, you notice they never advertise the mortarman getting blown the fuck up...
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well thanks for your insight guys...really appreciated it and i mean it. ..though i've made my decision to Join the USAF 2 days ago...took my asvab test...and didn't do so well..so i gotta wait 30 days now...and study up harder for it..but again thanks for your thoughts and advice in perspective..though joining the USAF won't make me lost my CB7...i'll see what i can do with it other than getting rid of it..(as what my parents suggested since i already have the red civic coupe...LOL..maybe, but not so soon)

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

That's cool, I think you'll find it to be one of the most influential chapters in your life. Ace that asvab, apply yourself, and you'll find many new doors opening to you.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

The Air Force is in a different situation than either the Army or the Marines in Iraq. Their major work was complete after the bombs stopped dropping because both the Army and Marines both have airborne capabilities. I would think that the Air Force is the safest branch, save the Coast Guard, for enlisting in because they would need experienced pilots over there instead of fresh recruits. There is always the possibility to be sent to Iraq, but not nearly as great as the Army or the Marines. I have great respect for all military personnel, especially since my father served for twenty years in the Army (he graduated from West Point). However, they don't call it the Chair Force for nothing .
            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

All the information has been given man, now decided for yourself.

Everyone has choices to make, and making one that seems wrong now might end up being the best one you have ever made 20 years from now. It's life, It's really not that serious. Follow your heart and work hard and you will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4bandit
                The Air Force is in a different situation than either the Army or the Marines in Iraq. Their major work was complete after the bombs stopped dropping because both the Army and Marines both have airborne capabilities. I would think that the Air Force is the safest branch, save the Coast Guard, for enlisting in because they would need experienced pilots over there instead of fresh recruits. There is always the possibility to be sent to Iraq, but not nearly as great as the Army or the Marines. I have great respect for all military personnel, especially since my father served for twenty years in the Army (he graduated from West Point). However, they don't call it the Chair Force for nothing .

I don't think the Coast Guard is safest on a per capita basis. More rewarding yes, but considering how many Coast Guard people die every year trying to save lives, I think I would investigate that a little further.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by accordzoom
                  All the information has been given man, now decided for yourself.

Everyone has choices to make, and making one that seems wrong now might end up being the best one you have ever made 20 years from now. It's life, It's really not that serious. Follow your heart and work hard and you will be just fine.

aight now..you're starting to sound like my mom anyway...SCRATCH WHAT I SAID about my DECISION!!!..

Since im on my 29th day until i retake my asvab...my parents and me had a family meeting and thought of taking me to St. Paul, MN to my uncle who's about 40ish or so and has his own family (father of 5 kids)...the idea or plan is to live with him and work with him (job wise) and work MYSELF out over there since they, my parents mentioned that there are more things out there idk know about and since there are more ppl of my race over there (hmong)...i'll have a more understanding/advantage in learning/doing new things..idk that's what my parents said..but IMO i think i should take this step first before actually swearing oath to the Air Force first! (NOT that i wouldn't)...but they said themselves that taking me over there to St. Paul is NOT to get rid of my presence and resolve my parents problem (ME) and the purpose is for me to find myself...i call that bullshit...but hey, they're my parents and JUST trying to help and make things better!..so it wouldn't hurt doing this plan right?

BTW who lives in St. Paul Minnesota?? holla at me so you can show me the ropes of how Minnesota works! and of course im driving my cb7 there, hellllyea!...
                  Last edited by Djmoua; 08-25-2007, 03:30 PM.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

Comment

yea...this is a gey thread...just ignore it....
                    But for those in Tulsa, OK..im cruisin' around there...and there's a buttload of ya out there that dont know alot about this site.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

As an ex flyboy I strongly urge you NOT to do this. TRUST ME!!! Not worth it.
                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                        Lately i've been doing SHIT through college so far and i already owe money for Student loan...so i didn't do so well in my summer classes because it wasn't exciting and i admit that i slacked off...so i think it's best for me to join in with the AirForce to straighten my ass up a lil bit and build up some confidence...because i have been an ass to my parents...(this was around the beginning of the year)..so i think it's time for a change towards me..not to mention i got like a lil bro and thousands of cousins that look up to me..and if you're Hmong...you'd probably understand. And since the attitude i've been giving towards my parents, they actually dont give a shit if i actually join the Marines or Army and join in on the frontlines...so..i gotta change. Give me some feedback on your opinion, tunerz.
                        i'd think twice about it.....

work for a few months.......then go travelling.....I promise that will change your entire outlook.
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

my dad suggested for me to enlist in the air force.

I told him flat out,

No.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

"Finish school. Grow the fuck up and be a man. Don't expect a uniform to do it for you."
                            I was an airmen, made it fine through boot camp, graduated with honors in pt, marching, and marksmenship. went to security forces training. got kicked out for flat feet. I hove only regrets today. but like deev said a uniform will only chage your for about 6 weeks while in BMT. I knew more shit heads in the air force then I have know the rest of my life. and DO NOT TRUST YOUR RECRUITER! they are the biggest con artists in the military!

Comment

My pops was in the military its really nothing to it as far as being in the place. He was on a naval destroyer they captured 1 spy all kinds of crazy shit. Lets see its the bootcamp thatll be your only real serious test. After that he told me if your gonna join be prepared for anything when overseas,sudden attacks from countries who hate the United states military presence.

You get those people who always have some reason to believe that they have to attack but then again I dont blame them we are on their turf and we arent definitely the most well liked. Just be preapred to die be prepared to have loved ones who will miss you greatly if you pass . Ill say one this as much shit that has gone down the following years honestly im sorry this country isnt worth dying for.

If i where to die let it be for a real reason of my own and thats not serving this country,nor any dispute between 2 people who call themselves leaders but yet fight over shit like 2 children with their toys. Sending out people to fight and die for you getting them involved over petty matters does not justify lives lost and people to suffer.

Sure the military is place of discipline,honor,respect,and knowledge. I really think its prettymuch useless if your gonna get blown out the sky dont end up like that dude from behind enemy lines and shit becoming a POW=bad and if noone finds you heh MIA thats even worse noone will find your ass . And you can be in uncharted territory and get shot not knowing where it came from at or blown up or both with your ass shot off ,and you may turn up to be a vegtable or having missin limbs and shit and you wouldnt want to live like that.And every moment or day that you live youll go through that shit and itll play in your head over and over.
                              Last edited by h22sparkle; 11-16-2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topcop182
                                "Finish school. Grow the fuck up and be a man. Don't expect a uniform to do it for you."
                                I was an airmen, made it fine through boot camp, graduated with honors in pt, marching, and marksmenship. went to security forces training. got kicked out for flat feet. I hove only regrets today. but like deev said a uniform will only chage your for about 6 weeks while in BMT. I knew more shit heads in the air force then I have know the rest of my life. and DO NOT TRUST YOUR RECRUITER! they are the biggest con artists in the military!
                                Oh i know all about that my aviation teacher was a general int he airforce his name was Ray titor he lets us do our traning in farmingdale. And i know all about the recruiters they joined up saw the first way to get out after they do their time. Then they come out and collect on every body that they can get who signs n they get a commission for bodies. Ohyeah its true!

Comment

Working...
                                X