Autozone Sucks Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autozone Sucks Now

So what happened to Autozone? Now almost all of them suck. yesterday i called my local autozone and asked them if they had a clutch alignement tool that i could borrow/rent/buy, and they said they have one, but i have the buy it with the whole clutch kit. I was like wtf im not buying a whole clutch kit just for the alignement tool. I called the next closest one and they just gave me theirs saying just bring it back as soon as possible please. I also went to my local autozone today and asked for a my heater hose. They only had 1 and they had to order the same exact one from another one, so i was like ok ill pay for both of them now and come back tomorrow and pick the other one up. The hose from my autozone was 15.99 and the hose from the other one was 10.99. So once again i was like wtf. Am i paying more for the same part with crappy service?
    Before this autozone had nice guys that actually helped find the part and actually know what they are talking about (about two months ago). But now it seems like they only hire shitty people that dont know nothing about cars and ALWAYS try to upsell parts. I walked in today and both of the emplyees were holding the door open smoking sigs. I went to the counter and waited there for like two minutes for this guy to come over and help me with a shitty attitude.
    So my question is, have all autozones become really shitty recently or is it just my local one. I would go to pepboys or advance or even another autozone, but this one it takes me like 3 min on bike to get there, so i hvae no choice.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Pepboys FTW!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

since when didnt autozone/advance auto parts/pep boys suck?
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I feel you man. MY local parts store, they are hirirng people jus for a JOB. thats cool and but dam know some parts.

i forget what i asked for i think it was a oil filter, and she was like of wat yr make model.. i was like 1990 accord lx....

-ok is it a dx, ex or lx ,( im thinkin to myself i jus said lx)

- she was like ok oil filter (type type on her computer) she got the nerves to say ok is this like a fuel FILTER

haha LADY wtf ill come back later.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

the ones we have around here are pretty good an the people are not assholes so thats a plus
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

depends though guys what autozone you go to and the type of people that work there.

if there was the Og's of the store they would definitly help you most of the time cause they know how things are but nothing ever stays the same. i used to work for them and there was guys who helped and some who didnt...same as in retail.

id say go to another autozone to see if they are helpfull and know what they are talking about MORE than the book says....
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

autozone has always sucked lol

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

autozone has not always sucked. Their parts have. Their customer service was pretty good. only 1 of the OGs is still there and he always helps me as much as he can. Now if i cant find something on the shelf i go to ask if they have it, and before im even done the question they say, all we have is whats up on the shelf. Its like they dont even wanna come out from behind the counter.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                  true story
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i go to a place called KOI auto parts, anything i need they can get their hands on PDQ.

Comment

NAPA FTW...put they can be dumb asses sometimes...they told me all camaros are carb...lol when 82-92 they clearly offerd f.i. in forms of the crossfire(horrible)tbi(good)TPI(awsome).

lol tools
                      1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                      -Nava

Comment

the autozone's around here in pennsauken & in mount ephram suck. they have guys that dont know jack, they always play around a little too much acting like complete fools. and the girls they hire there, not to be offensive, look like they were hired to bring in male customers with the job of being young & attactive with a bit of flirting in the job description with no knowledge of cars whatsoever.
                        my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                        MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                          Not really.

I work for them and the guys I work with know their stuff including myself...and to the OP, the prices vary because of the different regions they cover. Different stores set their own price according to the D.M (District Manager) and the R.M (Regional Manager).

We don't try to up sell the customers. Well at least I don't, if I know the customers on a budget..I give them my opinion on which one they should spend their money on.

As for the AutoZone sucks comment..let just say it all depends on which stores you go to.

Just like Macco independent paint shops...various shops do shit jobs unless you go to one that has perfectly trained professionals with years of experience.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

advance auto parts and a&a is the only ones i go to. fuck the others. they're just rip offs.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

the guys over here are cocky and act like they know it all.
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X