iLife '08 and iWork '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iLife '08 and iWork '08

Has anyone else tried either of these productivity suites (I guess you could file iLife under that) that Apple just released?

I was about a week too early to get them with my computer, I got the '06 versions when I bought my MBP, but Ive downloaded everything except garageband so far.

Ive only actually used iPhoto though, but I love the changes they made. its so much nicer.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

apple should come out with something called iSuck, so they dont beat around the bush

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

speaking of bush, has anyone tried the I-rack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjLEwZqcQI

Comment

Id be interested to hear WHY Apple sucks so much. I mean, iLife is a fairly competent introductory creativity suite, and, for what it is, iWork isnt a bad productivity suite either. There really isnt any competition for Office, at least on the Windows side (Mac users are still stuck with Office '04, which was designed for macs that used IBM PPC processors)

I was on a waiting list to get my Macbook Pro. I dont think theres waiting lists to buy computers with Vista installed. (Actually, there was so much of a demand for XP to come on new computers INSTEAD of Vista, that Dell and many other companies had to offer that option so they didnt lose sales.)

I cant say Ive used Vista for more than 5 minutes, so Im not one to comment on it, but my dad has it on his new laptop, and he hates it. Legacy support was the best thing that Windows had going. They dont have that anymore.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

Comment

you guys are downers.. i hate it when people talk shit on apples.. i mean apple computers are just "different".. like that creepy weird kid in 10th grade is "different"...

Comment

I just used Numbers (Apple's version of Excel) for the first time.

Im never using Excel again.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

Comment

I want an apple badly but I cant afford one right now...

I downloaded OSx86 but im afraid to install it on my computer because im afraid of screwing something up lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

what's apple's avaliable product range?

Big, Excessive, and just showing off?

i heard that somewhere and it made me chuckle.

I dont really think apple sucks. Its just i dont pay much attention to the whole computer world wars and stuff.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I just heard about the iLife the other day lol. Haven't tried it, probably won't though either on my MBP. My graphic design program might have it installed though when I go back to school. Anyways, I don't really use iLife right now anyways. I've messed with GarageBand a bit, used iPhoto for a bit and that's about it. It's good to have, because it does makes things simpler, but I still don't use it lol.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Apple=No good for me
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                      I want an apple badly but I cant afford one right now...

I downloaded OSx86 but im afraid to install it on my computer because im afraid of screwing something up lol
                      I can help if you would like.

Thats how I started.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11339

Thats the guide I used to help me through my first install. What kind of computer are you going to be putting it on (processor, graphics card, etc)
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

Comment

Apple sucks, Microsoft sucks, everyone sucks.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                          I can help if you would like.

Thats how I started.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11339

Thats the guide I used to help me through my first install. What kind of computer are you going to be putting it on (processor, graphics card, etc)
                          Thanks for the offer to help....I will definately need it lol

I found this information on my computer:
                          http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...199076&lang=en

I am definatly not the best at computers so I figure all the necessary information you may need to help me is on there lol

That guide looks like it will help me out immensly....i hope

Comment

Youre in good shape, the Pentium D is supported pretty well, However, to know how well the rest of your components are supported you can go to

wiki.osx86project.org and look through the Compatibility lists there.

what .iso did you download. Im assuming its a 10.4.10, but Im behind the times with those because the last version that really supported SSE2 processors was 10.4.8 (and that took ALOT of people, ALOT of time.)
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

Comment

I think i downloaded 10.4.9....I just downloaded the first one that looked decent on isohunt.com lol

Im looking at that compatibility page and the latest compapatability charts they have are up till 10.4.8....Im confused lol

Comment

Working...
                              X