update on my spinal fusion surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on my spinal fusion surgery

hey guys, just want you all to know im doing ok.

the first few days home from the hospital were rough, but im doing much better now.

things are a little harder now, seeing as my entire spine is now fused, basically, instead of being an assembly of small bones that move, its like one big long bone.

they screwed metal rods into my spine and filled the discs with bone material that will harden over time. when i get the bandages removed, ill post pics of the scarrage. its about a foot and a half long.

now i just stay home all day messed up on valium and percacet. life aint so bad lol.

just wanted to fill you all in, thanks for your alls support before this all. it really helped.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Good to hear your ok and doing well.

You still having to "Log Roll" out of bed?
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

He'll probably have to do that for the rest of his life. Situps will be a bitch!

Could be worse, though. Better to have a straight, stiff spine than a horribly curved back! You'll never get criticized for having poor posture!

Comment

Wait so will you ever regain movement of your spine? This makes me sad bro, you're like 16

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Wait so will you ever regain movement of your spine? This makes me sad bro, you're like 16
          Actually not really,from what he said, his spine is basically one long rod now. He will over time be able to move somewhat but not like he used to. Like Deev said, I think I would rather have that than the curvature of the spine.

The reason I asked if you were still "log rolling" turbomaxx is some people "cheat" and think they don't need to.I see it ALOT in the hospital I work at.

Please don't be one of those people.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

im on crutches as we speak bro so I feel you on the bedridden thing. Important thing is to eat healthy and get the motion restored ASAP.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

lol no i can never bend my spine again. its completely fused. its the same now as the bone in your arm, or any other bone without joints.

to get in and out of bed, i just sit down on the edge like a chair, then slowly lean over to the side, and sorta gracefully fall into position lol. it hurts a lil, but its the only way.
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Pardon me for not knowing, but what is so bad about having a twisted spine? cant be much worse that having a fused spine..

Comment

cal if he didnt have his surgery it would have gotten worse and worse and he wouldnt be able to breath his heart would stop beating he would die

die or have a fused spine were his choices

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                    Pardon me for not knowing, but what is so bad about having a twisted spine? cant be much worse that having a fused spine..
                    it would start taking away my lung capacity and mess with my heart rate.

i was already very mis shaped. im uploading some pix we took before i left for the hosp right now to put on here so you guys can see how mangled my body was.

that was me standing straight up too. i wasnt bending or anything, i thought i was standing straight.

Comment

whoa

man i hope god gives you all the strength you need to recover as quickly as ya can, hey guys his spine might be fused but he still has workin legs to rape somebody on the street. lol
                      OLD

Comment

Glad to hear that you're feeling better .. much continued success also !
                        Bet it's nice to have Mom's home cooking, as opposed to that hospital stuff ehh?

Keep Up the Great Attitude !!!
                        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Wow man, thats some serious shit. hope this surgery helps you.

Comment

oh god yes the hospital food was the worst thing thats ever happened to existense.

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                              Wow man, thats some serious shit. hope this surgery helps you.

lol yeah it certainly has made my future look better

Comment

Working...
                              X