No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know about Forza 2, but Forzas AI is ruthless. You might as well not exist to them until they come in contact with you, then they have a moblike vendetta against you.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

GT HD is only a partial demo of what is to come. GT5 is supposed to be far more capable.

They interviewed the creator of GT, and he discussed the crash damage issue, and they do have a lot of valid reasons for doing it the way they have.

I think he was interviewed in either C&D or Motortrend in last month's issue. I will try and find it.

Really though, GT has a lot in common with real cars, except that tactile feel. I have been told the logitech wheel improves that dramatically, but it still isn't the real thing. Also, the G forces are not simulated on your body.

Now if we put the PS3 into a system that read the G forces, and made you feel them, with a realistic steering feel, THAT would be badass. If they can do it with high end flight simulators, they can do it with cars...

It just wouldn't be cheap.

LOL! I am just glad they finally have some Ferraris. I absolutley <3 the 599GTB.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
        Damage is just more incentive to not suck
        If you dont suck, its just like playing with no damage

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

On another note. I want to play that F1 game they have on PS3. I just can't justify spending that much money on one.

Comment

lol. NFSUG style.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              If you dont suck, its just like playing with no damage
              Touche
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                On another note. I want to play that F1 game they have on PS3. I just can't justify spending that much money on one.
                F1 Championship on PS3 is a pretty fun game. I just wished they would do Add-Ons to the game so that you would have this years roster of drivers and Livery colors. I wouldn't mind paying $10 to have Alonzo and Hamilton duke it out.
                ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

The perfect GT game IMHO would be a mix btwn GT3's driving dynamics and GT4's graphics/cars.

Having said that, I don't think F2 has anything on the GT series. I mean, the driving characteristics are all wrong, the graphics are about the same and the tuning dynamics are screwy too. Personal opionion, take it for what it is, lol.

- Rob -
                  92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                  85 Toyota 4Runner
                  1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                  2008 HD 1200N
                  2009 HD 883N

Comment

GT5 is going to be much more than GT HD has to offer, like owe said. I still don't think they are going to have damage, it's just not worth it.

Still, I don't see why manufacuterers are so sissy about car damage in a game. It's not like it's real life. I know that they actually test all of the cars they can get in real life to determine stuff, but the people that work on the GT series could easily add in damage without having to crash test the cars.

Still, GT5 is one of the reasons I will eventually get a PS3. That and MSG4

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

The Gran Turismo games will always be the #1 simulation car game out there in my opinion.

Comment

I'll pick up a PS3 when the new SOCOM hits.....

- Rob -
                        92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                        85 Toyota 4Runner
                        1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                        2008 HD 1200N
                        2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                          I'll pick up a PS3 when the new SOCOM hits.....
                          I'll pick it up when I hit the lotto

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Yeah, I would liked to have had one already.

But in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo
                              The Gran Turismo games will always be the #1 simulation car game out there in my opinion.
                              Amen to that!

Since the very 1st day I played GT1, no other racing game looks good anymore..NONE..And when I tried GT HD, I knew that as soon as that game comes out, I will be buying myself a PS3 hahaha
                              Last edited by Ronald_Type-R; 08-09-2007, 05:49 AM.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

The best game rite now for damage is MOTO_STORM for ps3
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X