another working out thread. help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another working out thread. help.

sorry fort the millionth working out thread from me, but i'm in need of some help

alright, so i injured my shoulder about a week and a half ago working out. it wasn't a bad injury, but i want to lay off of it for the next 3-6 weeks just so it can heal.

the deal is, sitting at home, and not going to the gym is really getting to me. i can't stand sitting here and not working out.

so i need your help, what are some things i can do without really using my shoulder that much? i don't want to sit there and try to max anything out, nothing like that. i just want to put some weight in my hands to not lose any muscle over the next 3-6 weeks.

i already know a few tricep/bicep exercises, so i'm not really very concerned about that....

but my chest and back, can any of you guys help me out?

it sucks because i'm not going to do any kind of bench, the arnold press (which is actually the exercise that hurt my shoulder in the first place), or butterflies.

before the injury, my routine was as follows.
    i'm 5'10
    145-150lbs

benchpress.
    12reps@135lbs
    10reps@145lbs
    8reps@155lbs
    6reps@165lbs
    4reps@175lbs
    2reps@185lbs
    1rep@195lbs

then i'll go to the dumbells

curl
    3sets/12reps@35lbs
    3sets/12reps@35lbs(different angle)

arnoldpress
    12reps@40lbs
    2sets/12reps@55lbs

dumbellbenchpress
    12reps@45lbs
    2sets/12reps@55lbs

dumbell row
    3sets/12reps@60lbs

then i'll just do other misc. stuff, like abs

any help guys?

run...
    You know kid...some day this war is gonna end (sob)... C.O Kilroy (Apocalypse Now)

Comment

Can't do shit but wait. Your arms are connected to your shoulders

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Do you normally do all that rountine in the same day
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
          Do you normally do all that rountine in the same day

yes

why?

Comment

Originally posted by npor
            yes

why?
            It just seems like you are all over the place with your workout.....if you are trying to build muscle and get definition why dont you try sticking to certain muscle groups on certain instead of doing a full body work everyday.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

yes

why?

It's called Platooning. After a certain point of doing the same thing over and over you won't be building muscle or size at all. The best thing to do it pick 1 or 2 things and do them 1 day, then do another 2 the next and another 2 the next, then repeat. Another method would be to do lower body 1 day, upper the next with some rest inbetween (take a couple days off a week)
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
                It's called Platooning. After a certain point of doing the same thing over and over you won't be building muscle or size at all. The best thing to do it pick 1 or 2 things and do them 1 day, then do another 2 the next and another 2 the next, then repeat. Another method would be to do lower body 1 day, upper the next with some rest inbetween (take a couple days off a week)
                Here is someone that knows what i was refering to....when i use to lift weights hardcore I did different muscle groups on different days to get the best result. Most of my buddies that worked out like you do rarely saw results (even tho they got stronger) or took longer to see the results I go. Just take it into consideration
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

i used to do that, but i always felt like it was a waste to be in the gym for just an hour, then leave. i didnt' feel like i was getting any results. but then again, i've never had anybody with any knowledge help me with working out, ive always been on my own.

any weekly routine you'd reccomend?

Comment

As far your shoulder goes where does it hurt front, back, or side ? it really depends on when it hurts like what kind of movements ? i have all kind of routines that i could hook you up with that kick ass just comes down to what you train for to get stronger (less reps more weight) toned(more reps less weight) anyways hit me up man
                    Last edited by 1990Ex; 08-02-2007, 05:41 PM.
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

i used to do that, but i always felt like it was a waste to be in the gym for just an hour, then leave. i didnt' feel like i was getting any results. but then again, i've never had anybody with any knowledge help me with working out, ive always been on my own.

any weekly routine you'd reccomend?
                      Just go 3 days a week and dedicate each day to a muscle group.... i.e.

Day 1: chest/triceps
                      Day 2: back/biceps
                      Day 3: shoulders/traps
                      Day 4: legs

You'll get results much faster that way.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                        why do triceps an biceps on different days when you can do them on the same day ..............

because when you work on your chest, you also hit the tri's, so it's better to put them together. and when you work out your back, you hit the bi's at the same time.

most professional body builders rarely target their bi's alone simply because a full back workout hits the bi's more then enough that you can't even do any curls afterwards and your bi's have been worked enough already.

Comment

you could jerkoff with your one good hand....just my 02.
                          Originally posted by jboyce
                          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

[QUOTE=tanNn2koo]because when you work on your chest, you also hit the tri's, so it's better to put them together. and when you work out your back, you hit the bi's at the same time.

i already knew all that i was just asking why not do just a chest day an a arm day you get the same effect
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                              As far your shoulder goes where does it hurt front, back, or side ? it really depends on when it hurts like what kind of movements ? i have all kind of routines that i could hook you up with that kick ass just comes down to what you train for to get stronger (less reps more weight) toned(more reps less weight) anyways hit me up man

it barely hurts anymore, when it does its when my arm is extended all the wy over my head, like im reaching for the sky or some bullshit like that.

anyway, i want to build size and tone, but also pull my own weight with that newly gained size.

anything you'd reccomend?

anything in the

"Day 1: chest/triceps
                              Day 2: back/biceps
                              Day 3: shoulders/traps
                              Day 4: legs"

type of a setup?

also, how much time in hte gym do you think each routine should take? it feels like if im only in the gym for like 20 mintes it feels like a waste.

thanks for the help so far guys

Comment

Working...
                              X