Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Smokers do you feel like your getting shafted on the JOB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Rob

Originally posted by d112crzy
    It's 30 minutes a day, big freaking deal. It's their health, not yours.

I bet half the people that are bitching don't even work hard labor jobs.

If you don't like working, then quit. I'm sure there's people that want your job more than you do.

It makes me mad that people find any little excuse to fucking bitch and whine that something is not fair.

30 minutes a day is 2.5 hours a week. For someone making $12 an hour, that's $30 in their pocket for doing NOTHING. When they go on break, the non-smokers are still working. Unless the workers are totally independent of each other, the non-smokers are left to pick up the slack. Cashiers? Yeah, my line just doubled for 30 minutes a day because you had to smoke.

Is that wrong? No... but the fact that I would get bitched at for taking 30 minutes off a day because I don't smoke IS wrong.

People are given special treatment because of their addiction. People without the addiction are discriminated against.

non-smokers deserve equal treatment, or smokers should have to wait until after their shift. OR, they should receive less pay (clock out for a smoke break... still not fair to those that have to work harder due to the absence, but at least the pay isn't equal!)

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
      Moral of the story....

SMOKERS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE WE WORK LESS FOR THE SAME MONEY.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you sniveling, non smoking, harder working suckers.

x2!!!

Comment

oh please. Don't act like you guys work every single minute you're clocked in. I'm sure you waste just as much time when you're talking to your buddy or taking a shit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
          When I worked at Dominos, you didn't get a break, at all. UNLESS you smoked, then you could just say, hey I'm gonna go catch a smoke and they'd let you. Then there'd be 2/3 the store all out smoking at once, and if a non-smoker went out to chill, they'd be like get back in, somones gotta watch the store.

That shit pissed me off, cuz I don't smoke.

Now, at Lowes, you can't smoke on or near the premises, if you get caught, you'll be in trouble, management included.

People still do, most of the people in my dept alone do, but they have to be real discreet and sneaky about it. They go behind the store when no ones looking.

But at lowes I can take a break, and the smokers don't break anymore often than I do so its all good to me.
          You work at Lowe's too? More than half the people I work with smoke and I remember them telling us about the new smoking rule but nobody at my store seems to care one bit. But we get our 15 minute breaks and whether or not you smoke doesn't change how many breaks you get.
          R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
          FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
          Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

clocking out for smoke breaks?

couldn't that easily solve this problem. if you take a break, regardless if you smoke or not, clock out. simple

Comment

You work at Lowe's too? More than half the people I work with smoke and I remember them telling us about the new smoking rule but nobody at my store seems to care one bit. But we get our 15 minute breaks and whether or not you smoke doesn't change how many breaks you get.
              Yeah, they actually told us we're not entitled to any breaks, but your co-workers won't nark on you, just hope a manager doesn't start poking around the break room.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Yeah, they actually told us we're not entitled to any breaks, but your co-workers won't nark on you, just hope a manager doesn't start poking around the break room.
                Well we're supposed to get one 15 minute break for every 3 hours of work I'm pretty sure, and at 6 hours you get to 15 minute breaks or one 30 minute lunch (which you clock out for) and at 8 hours you get a 1 hour lunch and a 15 min break and that's it. If it's not busy and someone has to go to the restroom they usually let us too. Most of our managers are pretty nice about it, except for 1 really. I'm transfering to another lowes in a couple weeks when I go to school though so that might change.
                R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

I gotta work 9 hours tomorrow, I'll take a lunch, but prob won't manage to get back for a break, well maybe 1.

But if I'm working with someone and they want to take a break, I'll cover for them, even if they wanna take like 4. Unless they're a douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    oh please. Don't act like you guys work every single minute you're clocked in. I'm sure you waste just as much time when you're talking to your buddy or taking a shit.
                    Well... when I worked at a movie theater, I must say... I took some epic shits

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Well... when I worked at a movie theater, I must say... I took some epic shits

Alrighty then!
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Why is there a break room then?
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Cashiers get breaks, loaders can take breaks, you can eat your lunch in there

Comment

Most places will give you a break. A half hour, 15 minutes... whatever. But smoke breaks don't apply in most places.

I'm gonna get another retail job. I'm going to start timing the smoker's breaks, and when I have a record of their breaks (and how they go about them... permission or not) I'm going to try to follow suit. If I'm given a hard time, I'm going to sue for discrimination.

Comment

I'm gonna get another retail job.
                              This is not a good idea

Comment

Haha.

My girlfriend's father was right when he said 'That kid better watch out, they're a bunch of a-holes over in Logistics.'
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X