Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Smokers do you feel like your getting shafted on the JOB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how it should be. If my co-workers can smoke, I should be able to take a few minutes to relax as well. I've NEVER worked in a place where they allowed the non-smokers to take 5 minutes off every so often.

Comment

i smoke but i dont take smoke breaks i take the breajs that are givin to me. Theres no reason i cant wait for my break to smoke. If anything it will make it more pleasurable and satisfying to wait longer.
      Last edited by CKYaccordHIM; 08-01-2007, 11:17 AM.
      My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

Yeah, it is bullshit. When I am managing where I work, nobody gets smoke breaks.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i work at sheetz,
          when I travel up north, there's sheetz up there and they have really good nachos. I get them all the time.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
            when I travel up north, there's sheetz up there and they have really good nachos. I get them all the time.
            I fuckin love their nachos, midnight runs to sheetz = tasty yummy goodness in ricks stomach
            My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

As a non-smoker I totally agree with maple on this one. I have never worked somewhere where this has happened but if I did I would be pretty pissed about it. Oh, and about limits imposed upon smokers...I don't think that there are enough limits. No offense, I just hate having to even stand in the presence of someone that is smoking! I don't smoke for a reason. I don't want to breathe someone elses smoke because they are standing next to me. Just my $0.02.
              FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

It's 30 minutes a day, big freaking deal. It's their health, not yours.

I bet half the people that are bitching don't even work hard labor jobs.

If you don't like working, then quit. I'm sure there's people that want your job more than you do.

It makes me mad that people find any little excuse to fucking bitch and whine that something is not fair.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  It's 30 minutes a day, big freaking deal. It's their health, not yours.

I bet half the people that are bitching don't even work hard labor jobs.

If you don't like working, then quit. I'm sure there's people that want your job more than you do.

It makes me mad that people find any little excuse to fucking bitch and whine that something is not fair.
                  Everyone has the right to bitch, whine or be upset Dont mean I agree when everyone whines about shit but its there right.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

The real question here is, are your coworkers swamped when they take their breaks?
                    Is it like, at a constuction job where if everyone took a break the building stops? or is it, they have a slow period for a few minutes and go and smoke?
                    Have you ever asked someone if they would mind you taking a break? Most will say no, and not worry about it because they know that you dont mind them taking a smoke break.

Oh, and if someone is smoking next to you and you dont want the smoke to get near you... step 10 feet away. Most smokers are curtious* enough to not smoke in say, a subway car, (if its not illegal anyway) so there should'nt be much of a problem. And the only place i can see of that being a problem is if you are riding in someones car, in which i have always seen the, "mind if i smoke?" question posted before they light up.
                    And honestly, since all people here work on or around their cars, how many of inhales copious amounts of exhaust fumes? which do you think is worse, the smoke that comes from a tailpipe, or from a cigarette?

Comment

Smokers deserve lung cancer...

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                        Smokers deserve lung cancer...
                        Why its not like all smokers are evil and bad people...My nanny died of lung cancer because she smoked...She was a great person and I dont think she deserved it just because she smoked.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                          Why its not like all smokers are evil and bad people...My nanny died of lung cancer because she smoked...She was a great person and I dont think she deserved it just because she smoked.
                          Yea my grandfather has been smoking since he was 16. He just got diagnosed with lung cancer and quit immediately. He is still living and such. Try to spend as much time as i can when I go overseas. Hes prob one of the coolest people ever. And as mentioned its there life. If they do it constantly like every hour or so then you got issues or when work comes in and they go out. Other than that I dont complain about it. I have worked with smokers and they seem just fine they smoke there cig then go back to work. But then different people diff habits.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                            Us smokers have already enough limits opposed upon us
                            Like a shorter lifespan with a slower death. Good point.
                            Originally posted by npor
                            "hey man im gonna go take a since i don't smoke break, im gonna sit outside for 7-10 minutes because i deserve a healthy break aswell."
                            I used to do that when I worked at Papa Johns. Theyd give me the same lecture as everyone else "someones probably watching the store" but Id just get told to go sit in the office or in the back so no customers saw me.
                            Last edited by texasvtak; 08-01-2007, 07:03 PM.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

yeah d112crzy your right but this is a problem throughout ALL of america i mean every job ive worked at this is sooo true, i used to just go out on a
                              "smoke break" and go eat food in my car and listen to a couple songs then come back in lol so i worked with it but it is something that is true in almost everyjob, everywhere.
                              ]

Comment

Moral of the story....

SMOKERS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE WE WORK LESS FOR THE SAME MONEY.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you sniveling, non smoking, harder working suckers.

- Rob -
                                92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                                85 Toyota 4Runner
                                1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                                2008 HD 1200N
                                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                                X