No announcement yet.

Time to get healthy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already 161 pounds @ 5'5. It's not muscle though. I'm a little chubby. Also, I eat like there's no tomorrow. I probably eat more fried foods that my whole family. I was at 174 pounds around 2005. Around 2006, I was at 135. Water really takes away body weight, not a whole lot. I want to get back to my 5 bottles of water a day, my 200 sit ups for 5 days, and walking every week.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      no more fried snicker's bars at the track.

i want to gain some myself, but not sloppy weight, it will take some time. right now i'm 6'' 165lbs. 180 wouldn't be bad. later.
      My friend still owes me one! Of course, he moved to TN, so I may never see that fried snickers bar... But yeah... I suppose any form of deep fried sugary goodness is out (fried Oreos are damn good too!)

Comment

im telling you deev you should take up swimming. you will not only lose weight but it also helps with joint pain

Comment

Originally posted by newtuner7
          im telling you deev you should take up swimming. you will not only lose weight but it also helps with joint pain
          x2

If you know how to swim and have a place to swim, it's the best. It's some of the best exercise you can do and there is no impact on your joints. I've seen a lot of kids join my swim team and lose considerable amounts of weight.

Also, instead of riding a regular bike you could always ride a stationary bike. It's not too bad because you can watch t.v. or something while working out. They also make contraptions so you use a regular bike as a stationary bike. Basically just lifts up the rear wheel and provides some friction to work against.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

I could use suggestions on other ways to exercise, and more importantly, some more quick, cheap, healthy food ideas!

i dont know how TRUELY healthy they are, but those lean cuisine microwave meals are pretty good. the portions are very small. but for a microwave meal they arent bad. i say give those a try, see if you like some of them.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

they are ok especially if you are in a hurry... i have heard mixed things about nutrisystems, but all i know is my roommate lost 50 lbs on it in like 5 months and all he did was light resistance exercises.

the thing to do man is to eat smaller meals throughout the day. it will build up your metabolism. also try to get whole grain bread and pasta... some of that stuff is nasty but others are actually pretty good. deff dont eat until you get full... eat until you arent hungry. drink shit tons of water and stay off of carbonated and caffeinated beverages. and keep snack foods healthy... have fruit instead of chips... dont drink gatorade unless you have just finished working out... that thing has so many calories its unreal. those are a few things to try and do.

Comment

as far as food...

use skim milk

cut out or limit red meat

cut out fried foods

use light wheat bread, most people think regular wheat is fine, sometimes its as many calories as white bread, wheat by natures own is good and its only 40 calories a slice...

if you snack, there are 100 calorie bags of everything

watch the portions of your food

if you eat out or east fast food, just try to pick the healthiest thing they have, and again watch portions

hmm thats all i can think of for now...

^Click to view my Members Ride Thread^

Comment

I replaced my usual breakfast of a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel with a bowl of Cheerios and 1% milk.
                  Dont forget toast or a toasted english muffin, Make a great light breakfast snack to go with cereal.

Comment

I have to lose the tummy pudge and the pendulous manboobs
                    Sig material right therre

Dude, deev--mike, i feel ya. I wont even begin to blame it on genetics, but both sides of my family are built bigger. Not fat, just bigger sized. My dad is 6"8 and like 285. My moms father was 6"3 225. Both were just big guys. Anyway, i used to work fats food and it killed. i gained so much weight in 2 years. But now i have a job where im on my feet/walking for 7.5 hrs/day. I dont, but i should, eat breakfast, my lunch usually consists of an oven-roasted turkey sandwhich with lite mayo, on wheat. A handful of tortilla chips, and 20oz of water. Throughout my day i drink anywhere from 40oz - 80oz of water. Theres minimal[sp?] AC so i put off a decent sweat, not to mention i sweat out all 3 breaks(2-15min and 30min lunch) outside in the heat and humidity. Since i started weighing myself at work, im losing about 1lb/day. It may not seem like much but ill be at a nice goal soon enough.

As for my regular diet, lately, ironically enough, ive found myself craving less food, and better food when i am hungry. i.e; whole-grain/bran cereals, ive been drinking 1% milk since i can remember, ive been liking salads and grilled chicken. I get a sweet crave every once in a while and i usually settle it with either a bowl of a sugary cereal or the occassional cookie. Other than work i dont get too much vigorous exercise. Id like to "lift" or something like that, but a bench is on my "to-do" list somewhere...

Overall, i think youre on a good track. Water, fruits/veggies, whole grains. Maybe step it up to an hour of brisk walking a day and i think you should do good.

I hate to say it, but sitting at the computer only burns little finger calories, but your the head mod and we need ya, so we'll look beyond that, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Since my accident at the beginning of the month I havnt been able to do sweet fuck all, and between the aftermath of the codine and anesthetic I didnt eat much, and still cant eat too much or I get really sick. That aside from not being active a lot of muscle mass has dissapated. Im ass backwards from what is being discussed haha. Boy do I feel special.

All I can suggest is find a balance of diet and exercize, and the pounds will begin to dissapear.

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                        drink nothing but water...
                        that is what i did for about 3 months and lost some weight

it is really hard to lose weight and im currently trying to lose the stuff you are trying to get rid of deev and become stronger
                        Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 07-29-2007, 12:32 AM.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Dude there's gotta be a YMCA near you. $35 bucks a month.... you can swim, lift weights, do whatever.

And as far as food, you know what's good and bad...

Here's a site you should check out:

www.naturallyripped.com

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Werd! I can get some jacked fibras!

I think there's a YMCA around somewhere... but every time I think of going there I just start hearing the Village People in my head!

Comment

LOL,

www.rippednaturally.com

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X