• Show
Clear All

No, its just bigger.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
      No, its just bigger.

it just doesnt seem bigger enough to really create a substantial gain for the money u spend? i dunno i guess im just more mainstream and would rather have a b16 or b18 or h22, but i REALLY dont know much about civic swaps lol... as i displayed with my lack of knowledge of b20 swaps.
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

The B18C head (or the B16A head is even better, I've heard) on the bigger block makes some nice power.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
          No, its just bigger.
          yup, u get a larger displacement to play with

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Exactly what most people are saying. The B20B is a formidable competitor in any civic, teg chassis. One of the main advantages is displacement. B20s are really good motors if paired correctly. We have quite a bit running around Dallas. People have been bringing b20s up to 9000 or so rpm but thats if you work the internals right. Main thing for failure as I recall was oil pressure. Other than that it is a motor to be dealt with. The B20 Concept is the same as LS/Vtec just with more displacement.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Exactly what most people are saying. The B20B is a formidable competitor in any civic, teg chassis. One of the main advantages is displacement. B20s are really good motors if paired correctly. We have quite a bit running around Dallas. People have been bringing b20s up to 9000 or so rpm but thats if you work the internals right. Main thing for failure as I recall was oil pressure. Other than that it is a motor to be dealt with. The B20 Concept is the same as LS/Vtec just with more displacement.
              my buddy who drives the EK3 has had the engine rev up to 11k rpms!

that was with the original owner, who used the car as a track weapon

the motor is still strong till today.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

Yea you can rev em as high as the sky. Main thing I would be worried about is the oil pressure if your going that high.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yet making them reliable is a WHOLE different story which is why most people don't bother with the swap, if you plan on doing it you better have a stack of spare head gaskets just to start off, then you have another series of problems just because it's a mini-me build but to each his own. The b20's alone still haul pretty nice, they'll beat a b18 no prob.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

i read that the crv b20 had weak cyl walls and crack especially when combined w higher comp w a head swap and higher rpms, and forget boost.
                    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 90fourdoor
                      i read that the crv b20 had weak cyl walls and crack especially when combined w higher comp w a head swap and higher rpms, and forget boost.
                      they do have weaker walls just because the inner walls are thin. that is why when people do the b20vtec, they use a block gaurd to strengthen the cyl. walls. My nephew had a 89 crx with b20 bottom end, 13.5 compr. ratio pistons with block gaurd, stage 4 buddyclub cams, 98 spec type r tranny, untuned and ran a low 13 with 91 pump gas and timing really retarded and kaboom a few months later because it was untuned and running on 91 pump gas with 13.5 copmression as a daily driver. and no, it blew up while cruising too. 10 grand, what a waste.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

the reason i ask is because they did this on a t.v. show to a civic. but it looked like a b18 head. so i was all confused, now its all clear.

Comment

Working...
                        X