No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a last generation WS6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mike in a v8 RWD american sportscar... just doesnt sound like the same person that moderates a forum for a underpowered 17 year old japanese family car lol!
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      i had one in 2000 for about 2 months before i got my rx7 and then my friend took over payments so i could get the FD. it was stock except for a lid and they're quick cars. i loved it but just had to have the FD.

they're everything you'd want in a v8 "modern muscle car".

you can easily open them up and make them beasts though. my friend took a weekend with the one i had after he'd gotten it, and by sunday, it was putting down about 510whp lol. he could jump a coke can from a launch
      Man, you've had everything, Ricky! (even a GTP )

I don't think I'd go nuts on the V8 if I got one. It'd be plenty fast as-is, and any really crazy mods would decrease the already borderline practicality of it. If the gas mileage got any worse, I wouldn't want it! But seeing as it's within 1mpg of the GTP (and the estimations I got for the GTP were quite accurate... same source for the WS6) it'd be acceptable. I believe with some tweaking, it'd be possible to increase both power AND economy...

The only bad thing is that a used WS6 may have been driven quite hard... One that wasn't is probably worth more than my Grand Prix.

It's just a thought I'm playing with anyway... It would be nice, though!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        I like the looks of the WS6! The Camaro is ok, but not as nice, IMO. Plus, I've always liked Pontiac. The only Camaro I really like better than anything else is the 1st gen.

And yeah... GTO... I'm looking to trade an 02 GTP... I won't get half a GTO with that! Plus, the GTP gets 18-28mpg. The WS6 would get 17-27. The GTO gets like 13-21
        a v8 and want mileage? what has this world come to! hahaha

its all good though but just remmeber
        LS1> LT1
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          a v8 and want mileage? what has this world come to! hahaha

its all good though but just remmeber
          LS1> LT1
          Yeah, definitely not an LT1 model. I can't go that old. It's the most recent model, or none at all. The GTP is worth more than that anyway!

Comment

GTO = Oversized Cavalier.

- Rob -
            92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
            85 Toyota 4Runner
            1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
            2008 HD 1200N
            2009 HD 883N

Comment

Man, you've had everything, Ricky! (even a GTP )

I don't think I'd go nuts on the V8 if I got one. It'd be plenty fast as-is, and any really crazy mods would decrease the already borderline practicality of it. If the gas mileage got any worse, I wouldn't want it! But seeing as it's within 1mpg of the GTP (and the estimations I got for the GTP were quite accurate... same source for the WS6) it'd be acceptable. I believe with some tweaking, it'd be possible to increase both power AND economy...

The only bad thing is that a used WS6 may have been driven quite hard... One that wasn't is probably worth more than my Grand Prix.

It's just a thought I'm playing with anyway... It would be nice, though!
              ahh, it caught up with me being a car whore though. i lost a little bit of money on each swap and eventually, i'm stuck with a $400 taurus that i work on all the time to get back and forth to work.......of course, i kinda like the car though
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I don't know about in Jersey Mike but, around here there are way to many f-bodys with loud pipes on them for me. Yeah there are a ton of Honda's with the typical fart cans too but, the f-bodys are in most cases carrying around some of the most cocky SOB's you will ever meet. I can think of 7 that I graduated HS with. f-bodys might be powerful cars but I would still rather have a slow Honda.

So how is that mullet coming in Mike? j/p. Later

Comment

NJ is probably one of the most popular areas for drag racing. We have 2 professional dragstrips. So obviously, the straight-line muscle is popular.

I wouldn't do much to it though. I'd treat it like an old man would... Just maintain it and keep it looking nice. They have plenty of power in stock form, I wouldn't need to make it obnoxious... and the economy decrease by doing so would make it no fun to drive!

There are more Mustang rednecks around here than anything else. Every knuckle-dragging oggabugga seems to have a 5.0 with different colored panels and cracking bondo... the newer F bodies around here are still pretty respectable. Not many of them are overdone.

Comment

I think the spectator races rubbed off on you, eh Mike?

That white Z28 was insane.

Comment

The GTO is an old mans car.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

You might want to consider looking at the GTO.

They aren't as expensive as you might think. They may end up being out of your range, but you don't know until you look.

The advantage is that maybe you could find an LS2 powered version to your liking.

Honestly, I have a friend at work with an LS2 GTO, and he said that he was getting mileage that was about the same as his 01 SS.

I can also tell you that it had the first GM interior I have been impressed with since the 1960's.

The disadvantages are that they have an IRS, and it seems to be fine, but I am not sure it will take a pouding like a live axle.

But, it would be easier to get it to handle well, and they do pretty good in stock form.

Honestly, I think the GTO is a better car in every respect.

If you could get an LS2, they run 12's with a few bolt ons, and typically run in the mid to low 13's stock.

The only issue with the LS2 version is that it is only a 400HP car about 10% of the time. They put the IAT sensor right next to the radiator, inside the MAF, and it gets heatsoaked, even though intake temps aren't that hot. So the car pulls timing, and power suffers.

They make like a $30 kit to relocate it though, and that solves the problem.

By the end, the styling of the TA was so Pontiac cladding over the top, that I just didn't like it anymore.

Plus, proportionally, I think they are a little odd, because they have really long overhangs.

But that is just me.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i test drove a 2000 ws6 and fishtailed by accident in 3rd at 80, they are balls to the walls man, get one if u have the chance
                          ]

Comment

I think the GTO might still be out of my range... at least until I start making more money!

I wonder if it has the same insurance stigma as a TA? I can get an older Trans Am (WS6 preferred, but LS1 is really all that matters... well, I want the black leather too!) for a lot cheaper than a GTO. If I go GTO, I MUST get the 6.0L (is that the LS2?) I won't settle for the 04!

Just checked Cars.com... the cheapest 05 GTO in my area is 24,000.

Comment

accurate... same source for the WS6) it'd be acceptable. I believe with some tweaking, it'd be possible to increase both power AND economy
                              I have one word for you TURBO!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                                I have one word for you TURBO!
                                oh yea forgot to add...STS turbo!!!!
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X