my FSCK THESE CB7s rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my FSCK THESE CB7s rant

i have 4 cb7s that have been floating around for the past couple years. my ultimate goal is to sell the 3 extras and keep my good coupe.

now it seems every time i get closer to getting one sold, i get fucked over by some retarded annoying problem.

the 1990 grey sedan i have was in pretty nice condition, besides a dead engine. i swapped an engine and tranny in, replaced a few parts as i drove it for a while, and its a respectable CB7 and i put it up for sale. a guy was 100% set to come pick it up on a saturday (couple months ago) for $1600, until the transmission died on thursday. its still limping around unable to shift out of like 2nd gear. ive got a tranny for it, but who the hell wants to swap a huge heavy auto tranny, and not get any benefit from it? all it will do for me is allow me to sell the car for the same (or less) than i was selling it before.

the 1991 white sedan ive been driving recently had been sitting for a long time, and i finally pulled it out from under the trees and got it cleaned up. it had a blown HG in the past, but i replaced a bunch of parts and it was running awesome before i parked it. i pulled it out, fixed the front end, fixed all the odds and ends, it was ready to sell!! and now its running on 3 cylinders and i believe its an internal thing, either #3 ring or HG. but hey its been moving me around, up until my lower ball joint(s) went out. screeches to all hell when i turn the wheel, im not even going to drive it tomorrow. plus i may end up needing to replace the block or HG.

the 1992 coupe i have sitll needs a lot of work to be all put together before i can drive it. thats the reason im replacing everything, so itll be quick, fun, and RELIABLE. but its not reliable until its actually put together and on the road.

the 1993 white sedan i have is a huge load of shit and its sitting under the tree rusting away, full to the roof of random car parts i dont have room for. its a piece, and needs a lot of work, and at this point i dont even feel like dealing with it.

these things have been plaguing me for years now. i owe my parents money and these cars were supposed to be fixed, sold, and get them paid back... yet every time i get CLOSE to making progress (getting one sold), it FUCKS ME OVER and gives me an assload of more pointless work.

ugh

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Hey mike if you ever need a hand on weekends let me know ill swing up and help you out!

Who knew the great cpmike would make a thread about hating cb's

Comment

Damn that sucks. Have you tried selling shell for the first ? If all else fails theres the yard but wont get what you want for it most likely. You can part out the rusted one And throw the shell at a yard if its rusting bad. But sucks to hear man. Gl with it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Make justin fix them.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Put all three as a package for sale.

Comment

right before you let someone test drive it unplug the battery and pull the ecu fuse, it resets the tcm, and sometimes the gears will come back until you turn the car off again, i used to make my girl go in and reset it everytime we got to the car. does your d4 light flash on it? if it does your probly in luck then and itll work maybe u just need a new tcm too.

and sell the rustbox under the tree for a couple hundred, and pay someone else to fix the other and then dont drive them at all for fear of something else breaking, i know how to get rid of problem cars lol
            ]

Comment

Boo hoo motherfucker.

J/p, it's been a long time in the making, but I know things will all work out in the end.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I was wondering how long it'd be before you cracked!

It'll all come together eventually... I know it's a pain in the balls when you run out of patience. I'm not even to the patience part yet... I just have no time and money to get my ONE car fixed!

Comment

i know how you feel bro, maybe not to that extent but when it rains it pours.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    right before you let someone test drive it unplug the battery and pull the ecu fuse, it resets the tcm, and sometimes the gears will come back until you turn the car off again, i used to make my girl go in and reset it everytime we got to the car. does your d4 light flash on it? if it does your probly in luck then and itll work maybe u just need a new tcm too.

and sell the rustbox under the tree for a couple hundred, and pay someone else to fix the other and then dont drive them at all for fear of something else breaking, i know how to get rid of problem cars lol
                    holy shit who is this?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      holy shit who is this?
                      he's back??????

if you are.............DONT PISS OFF DEEV AGAIN
                      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Holy Shit Omg!!!

He's Back!!!

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                        ----
                        02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                        92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

now you know how i feel mike. I love my car, i really do, but sometimes....

Id keep whichever one was in the best condition, then sell the other 3 to help get the 4th one back on its feet.

As for paying back your 'rents..cant help you there. Least they fronted you the cash in the first place.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

holy fuck daves back!
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                              holy fuck daves back!
                              way to whore mikes thread

mike im here too if u need help. i cant do much but lend a hand

good luck man!

Comment

Working...
                              X