Is It In You..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It In You..?

Dont ask about the title, just thought it sounded cool, lol.

For those of you who havent noticed, or dont know, im giving up on nickel & dime-ing myself and my car by buying tail lights, sidemarkers, lips, grilles, etc. and Im gonna start saving for the things on my list. Well, now ive been doing some more thinking.....

When all is said and done, its gonna cost around $6000 to cover my list. Why not save that, or a bit more, sell my CB, and either buy a newer, v6, Accord outright or put that $$$ towards a 9 or $10,000 Accord. Id really like a 6th Gen v6 coupe, but if i can get a nice 5th Gen, thatd be cool too. Ive just been thinking "bigger" if you know what i mean. I dont wanna say tuning is not the way to go, cuz trust me, i love it, but dammit, why not put $3K into a bigger engine than a smaller one, ya know? I hope i dont get flamed.

Im just thinking out loud...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I feel ya man. After I get all the cosmetic defects on my CB. No more modifications will be added to it. Eventualy I have to get rid of it and move to a better one. I also have list of my own. Sometimes I get to materialistic on my CB. I hate that.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

for me its seeing the goal for the car and enjoying working it along the way up until that point... expense is just the side effect :\

at least thats why i wouldnt sell and save for a newer car

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

because than you'd have a 6th gen accord just like any other mom and pop and not a "tuner" car and people can yell, "Those damn kids and their loud______..." at you.

but than again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so i dont know what you want to achieve.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I like seeing it along and knowing that im responsible for it too, but I dunno..maybe i just dont wanna wait until i have that kind of money only to put it into a 15 yr old car. Yeah its a classic, lol, any it not an every day car, but im afraid to use my A/C, The interior has seen better days, and i just feel like that, for the price it would cost to turn my old car into something nice and new, i could buy a car that was already nice and new

Plus, v6 accords are tune-able too

I dunno...maybe im just over analizing

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
            I like seeing it along and knowing that im responsible for it too, but I dunno..maybe i just dont wanna wait until i have that kind of money only to put it into a 15 yr old car. Yeah its a classic, lol, any it not an every day car, but im afraid to use my A/C, The interior has seen better days, and i just feel like that, for the price it would cost to turn my old car into something nice and new, i could buy a car that was already nice and new

Plus, v6 accords are tune-able too

I dunno...maybe im just over analizing
            are you the type of person that lieks to take the easy way out of things?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              for me its seeing the goal for the car and enjoying working it along the way up until that point... expense is just the side effect :\

at least thats why i wouldnt sell and save for a newer car

x2. well said!
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I've talked about selling my cb and buying bimmer many times but I know that I wouldnt enjoy modding the bimmer like I would the cb, shit , most likely I owuldnt be able to afford the mods i want for my cb. I dont believe in just buying a new car for a new sake and thats what my girl and a couple freinds dont understand. My car dont really give any mechanical problems or anymore than a newer car so why sell it just to get a NEW car? I know the day will come for me to sell it or garage it for my bimmer, simply because i've wanted a bimmer my entire life. So my reason for even thinking about selling the cb is not necessarily for a new car, its actually for he car of my dreams. If you feel the need to get something newer, go for it, its your choice, live with it
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I love the 6th gen coupe. The 6th gen is probably my next favorite after the CB7.

However, I had a 6th gen sedan. It felt stiff inside. It didn't have the inviting comfort that my CB7 has. It had 50,000 miles, so it was plenty broken in! The F23 was pretty responsive, even for an auto. It wasn't a rocket, but it wasn't pathetic. Honestly, though... I liked my CB7 better. I like my CB7 better than my GTP too! My CB7 needs work... lots of work. But it's just so comfortable, so responsive... it's me, really.

Don't think that by buying a $10,000 newer car that you're going to fix your problems. The newer car will have plenty of issues of its own, and they're a little more involved to fix. My GTP is already throwing an engine code, shifting funny, and giving me any number of odd problems. A 5 year old $11,000 car... Granted, it's American pushrod with forced induction, but still... one of the best American engines made to date.

If you like your CB7, it's worth fixing. The CB7, IMO, is extremely reliable, very easy to work on, and quite inexpensive to maintain and upgrade. You won't find that with many newer cars. It's up to you... but it sounds like you're just trying to get away from problems. I can tell you from experience... if it's mechanical, it will break.

Comment

Since Ive had my accord Ive replaced the windshield, done timing belt, new axles, radiator, radiator fan motor, ac blower motor,starter, replaced exhaust numerous time, tires, suspension swapped a few time, all front end components replaced, rust repair, etc, and routine maintenace done religously. Just to keep these cars on the road can take serious dedication let alone trying to mod them.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

I agree with alot of the statements on here but Ive honestly in total put some rediculous number into my car already bought it for 1700 with 180k already on it 2 big rusted out quarters spent 1000 fixing those and went on from there , the one thing I can honeslty say , Ive had 2 camaro's, 1 monte carlo SS, 2 Mustangs ,1 Mercury Capro 5.0 "mustang fake basically", oldsmobile cutlass 1979 T top with 350 Rocket, and some other cars and trucks that I didnt mod , im 29 yrs old , Ive only owned on car in my life that the mods have totally proven worth the pennies , and thats on this CB7 , I did alot of work to my 95 mustang got 725 @ the wheels featured in muscle mustang and fast fords , blew about 6 World Class T5's finally went with a tremec and loved it , Point im tryin to make is no matter what car u get if its in blood to mod you will mod and modding comes with headaches and problems no matter what cars have problems so why go new my cb in my opinion is new ,

New Paint
                      Complete new suspension
                      Axles
                      Balljoints
                      sway bars
                      lights all around
                      wheels and tires
                      jdm motor and trans with 35k on em
                      ECU
                      wiring
                      I think one of the only things I can say is stock is interior and gas tanks the rest is fairly new , so yes my odometer reads 209,000 miles but nothing but the interior has seen that many miles , everything else is new

oh yeah brakes wich are one of my very next mods

MORAL od the story : What you like get , but dont do it for reasons that make no sense ALL CARS HAVE PROBLEMS like DEEV said

Sig Material : When you mod a CB7 its so responsive, its like it wakes up and says THANK YOU !
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

for the price it would cost to turn my old car into something nice and new, i could buy a car that was already nice and new
                        and stock
                        you would sink even more money into that new car to modify the way you want, when you could have an older car just as nice for much less cash.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

the 6gen coupe. eww.

the 5gen coupe is where its at.

first fix anything that is mechanically wrong with the vehicle first. i wouldnt mod it right away. also, do it right IN THE FIRST PLACE. Like suspension wise, dont cheap out, reserach the drop and ride quality you want. If you make bad choices, all your doing is dropping $$ in the drain, not really, but you wont get all of it back. good luck

Comment

Modifying cars is bad financially period.

I've put more money into my car than most people here and honestly, it's not worth it if you're thinking you'll get more for it later. However, I did it and I can't really get it back/take it back.

I do believe there comes a point where stopping is the logical step. To get my car to where it should be, and where I'd be happy with it as my only car and not want something else, would take probably 2500 minimum. It's getting harder and harder to justify modifying it as more goes wrong. I can put all the paint work I want into it, but if the doors and trunk still leak in storms, it's going to rust from the inside out. Things like that make it hard to justify.

The cars we own are 14-17 years old. Things will go wrong with them, no matter how you maintain them. People in the northeast have it MUCH rougher than people elsewhere because we're chasing bodyrot. It's one thing if you're just replacing mechanical things, but the second you do bodywork...you just see the dollar signs start to add up.

Maybe I'm' just getting burned out on the car, I dunno. When you start getting into problems where you can't just replace one thing and be done with it.

Honestly, I've found once you lose that initial love, it's all over. Sure you can throw tons of money at it, but you'll never feel the same. I lost the initial love a little over 2 years ago. Since then I've dumped an insane amount of money into the car...and it just doesn't feel the same as it did before. Having a full lip kit didn't give me the same feeling as my washer lights did when I was 17. Maybe that's just my mental state at the moment as I'm sorta numb to emotion, but you get where I'm going with that.

If the love is still there, run with it. If it isn't, cut your losses and move on. It's not the easy way out, so don't let anyone say that. It's doing what you want to do, which if you think about it, isn't the easy way out. The easy way out would be to do what everyone else wants you to do.

EDIT: I'm not bashing on my car by any means, I'm just being realistic. If you're on this site, everyone is going to tell you the CB7 is the greatest car in the world and that it's better than any other car ever made. Take it with a grain of salt.

Go out, drive a few cars and see what you think about them. If you find something you like better, run with it. Don't let text on a screen and accusations of disloyalty affect what you want to do.
                            Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

...i love it, but dammit, why not put $3K into a bigger engine than a smaller one, ya know?....
                              If thats your attitude...a honda is not for you. Hell, anything imported is not for you.

Get a GTO.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X