Paint Job Story :angry:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Job Story :angry:

So my baby was getting the trunk painted yesterday and today. I went over there before work to pick her up and noticed a few small spots where they could've done a bit of a better job, but didn't really complain because they were nice guys. So I pay my $150 and go to work a happy CB7 owner!

I get off of work early and start walking to my car and bragging about my paint job to my friend Joe. I look at my trunk and there's some water on it...no big deal. I wipe the water off to find a couple of the small spots and as I'm wiping, I start noticing spots on the paint...spots where the water had been...I GOT PISSED. When someone tells me a car is "good to go" I would take it that they mean it could go through normal wear and tear and be fine for the most part. This is NOT what I expected when I paid them.

They open at 8 tomorrow...I'll be waiting for them...

WHY have I had such shitty luck with my car lately?

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

That sucks man... I got my paint done at Maaco, and they did a good job except for a few spots. I have little chunks of something in my paint in a few places. They said bring it back in a few weeks and they'll fix it, but I got busy in a few weeks... When I have my second car to get around, they're gonna have my CB7 back to fix fo sho!

Comment

nope, it is not good to go for at least maybe a couple weeks until it FULLY cures, same thing with an actualy paintjob, preferribly garaged and out of the weather and do not wash it for at least a month.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Body shops assume you know a little about new paint. I say it's your fault for not asking questions. You're not supposed to get it wet for at least two weeks, you can't wash it for a month, and shouldn't wax it for about two. Even if they baked it.

Comment

Maaco told me different. They said to wash it after a few days, and wash it at least twice a week to keep it clean... I did so, and no problems came of it.

Comment

Well I went and talked to them today. When I went and looked at my car this morning I didn't see any spots except a few water streaks (happen on normal paint). The owner said he put Quick clear or Fast clear on it. I guess he uses it on smaller jobs just so he can kinda get it in & out quicker. From what he said it's ready to sand and polish within 1 1/2 hours! So, I'm going to let it go until Tuesday and then wash/wax that baby like there was no tomorrow. He said any water spots that I saw should come out with some buffing.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
            2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

yes its not real good to get a brand new paint job wet..but water spots and such like bugs...clear coat runs..etc can all be wet sanded and buffed out.usally it takes bout 2days before you can wash it i buffed my brand new paint job 3days after and iv had great results but i painted it myself and i also knew what i was doin..lol
              isnt it funny when fat people fall..i sure think it is

Comment

Working...
              X