X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day for horse lovers

As the title says..

My university's equin club has a few horses in our stables

Sadly, we had to put down Matthew, a 5 yr old gelding. Its sad.

It happened early in the morning of yesterday (10th) during feeding time, Matthew was munching away, snorting and huffing in his bucket of hay and pallets, when all of a sudden, he collapsed, kicking frantically.

I was in class during that time, tho, wasnt at the stables during the incident

So the caretaker called the vet, and the vet said that there wasnt much he cud do, coz Matthew was having a heart attack.

The club president came down to the stables and decided to put Matthew to sleep. So he called on a local imam (mosque leader) to do the job.

The Imam quickly did his job and Matthew was gone within minutes. It was heartbreaking to see an animal ur close to die away. Oh, yeah, we slaughtered Matthew according to Muslim rites so we cud donate the meat.

A quick postmortem done by the vet revealed a swollen heart and a 'blackened' pair of lungs, akin to a smoker's.

Im gonna miss u Matthew, may u rest in peace, my galloping friend.

'sigh'
    Last edited by blizzard335; 07-11-2007, 11:48 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that! I'm an animal lover myself, and it's hard to see one go. Especially when the animal is long-lived and affectionate (horse, dog, cat, etc...) They really become like a part of the family, or in your case, a part of the class.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Man, I'm sorry to hear about that! I'm an animal lover myself, and it's hard to see one go. Especially when the animal is long-lived and affectionate (horse, dog, cat, etc...) They really become like a part of the family, or in your case, a part of the class.
      yeah Deev, he was one naughty horse.

i remember him crapping all over the place LOL.

his neighbour is feeling down too.

horses talk to each other right?

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

sorry to hear about that man, I was at the horse races about two months ago when a horse passed the finish line and snapped his front right leg. They had to put him down right there. Pooe horse I was upset because I love horses and poor horse did not deserve to die. Unfornately you can never repair a leg when it snaps.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Originally posted by PaQ_16
          sorry to hear about that man, I was at the horse races about two months ago when a horse passed the finish line and snapped his front right leg. They had to put him down right there. Pooe horse I was upset because I love horses and poor horse did not deserve to die. Unfornately you can never repair a leg when it snaps.
          yeah man, there was this one horse that broke his leg coz he was agitated during transport. he was put down soon after.

the float was kinda small, fit only 2 horses.

shit happens.

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
          X