My adventure so far..stupid lowballers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My adventure so far..stupid lowballers.

Why do people insist on telling me what my truck's really worth? I've had extensive history on this truck since it was brought brand spanking new off the Kallis Ford lot in Belfast , Maine on April 25, 1995m by grand parents.

Since that time it has seen it's run with my father and myself...and although the bumpers dented and the bed has a dent in it, I take real good care of this truck.

It's been in the family ever since and it's been in one accident that was the fault of a truck drivers failed brakes, didn't suffer any heavy damage just a dent that was pulled out and repainted, a tree branch fell on the hood one year and had to be replaced.

It had a motor replaced just last April for $2,220 and the donor now has at least 60-63k miles on it up from 51k when it was first installed.

So I do all the math and to date I spent almost 3 grand to where it is now (seats, speakers, new headunit etc.)

And people still want to low ball me for 2 grand? When I state in my ad for 2,900 firm.

I had some douche bag fucktard test drive my truck for his son on Monday..what does he do? He throws my truck in 4WD Low and does CIRCLES in the fucking thing in a PARKING lot on DRY PAVEMENT and as ANYONE knows you can't do that with a 4WD system because you'll fuck up the bearings...so I decided not to sell to the bastard.

Get this he tries to talk me lower than 2,400 so I gave him a weird look and said um yeah how bout a no?

I had a shit load of offers, and this one guy called me up told me how he wanted a truck for plowing and that he owned a mortgage company with various lots yadda (he owns a really nice 99 Acura CL) ..asked me if I had ever plowed with this truck and I told him no..so he told me he would definitely want interest in the truck so long as I fixed the o2 sensor..which I'm currently working on (well took a break because it started to rain).

So I held off a few offers in hopes that the guy was really interested in my truck, well today I call him because he was supposed to let me know.

He tells me oh well I found another truck but I haven't made my decision and I found a 5 speed manual which also gained my interest and the one thing I didn't like was that you weren't sure about your truck's 4WD system so I told him (I was fucking fuming not only because he didn't let me know that same fucking day he test drove it..he had me wait two days in which time I had to turn people back and I was all ready for that 5th gen I posted a couple days ago) it work's fine with the exception that the lights burned out.

And to my knowledge I don't think you can't really abuse the 5 speed for plowing since all that constant back and forth motion will burn the clutch in no time.

And on top of this I had one dumb ass call me and asking me if the truck has any under body rust? It's minimal but that guy sounded like a tightwad and I remember one email (I figured it to be him) asking me and telling that if it had one evidence of rust he wasn't interested. Well ladee da dumb ass..move on.

I've had a couple of no shows..whatever. But lately it's been low ball after low ball and it's just real frustrating dealing with these random people.

It sucks you try and sell something at a set price and people think it's either too old or it's not worth that much..well to me for a family owned truck it's worth allot more money because of the amount of care that was put into the truck in the first place.

I was really looking forward to that 5th gen, now because of this guy with the mortgage company holding me up and having to make me cut some people..I'm going to have to start over again.

end rant.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Raise the price and they'll low ball for the price you originally wanted.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

Eh I just re-listed so I will give it a couple of days.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

when we test drive cars from the auction we do the same thing with 4wd you have to do it to check the bearings....'.. so there is nothing wrong with doing that. and that way you can tell if a axle is popping or anything.... that is what we have always did and that is what alot of people do

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

x2...
          1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
          -Nava

Comment

Yea it sucks but think of the buyer's perspective. You should read the amount of PM I get about my Integra. People are too picky. They want to pay as less as possible and you want to get as much as possible. What does the KBB/NADA guides say your car is worth?

Comment

why would you let some random asshole drive your pride? shame on you.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Where are you posting it on? The shit with people these days is they want the best for the lowest price. Especially if you are posting on craigslist. Sometimes you post something for free, and yet they would want you to DELIVER it for them. WTF, Seriously people are just too fucking cheap these days.

Good luck on your sale, But if worse comes to worse just keep the truck and let it stay in the family.

Comment

GOT pics of this truck so we can c wats the FUSS about???
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                    Yea it sucks but think of the buyer's perspective. You should read the amount of PM I get about my Integra. People are too picky. They want to pay as less as possible and you want to get as much as possible. What does the KBB/NADA guides say your car is worth?
                    3,500 thru nadaguides.com

And yeah I recognize your Integras...weren't they also on Craigslist not too long ago?

And your in Newton or Natick correct?
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                      3,500 thru nadaguides.com

And yeah I recognize your Integras...weren't they also on Craigslist not too long ago?

And your in Newton or Natick correct?
                      Waban actually, about 5 minutes away from Newton.

I've gotten about 25 e-mails a day about the car for stuff like will I part out and info that was already listed. I dunno if I even want to post my ad back up. It sucks, but best of luck on selling your car. There will always be shitheads but eventually you would find a seller.

Comment

happens all the time *shrugs*
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I refuse to pay bluebook. 2900 for a 95....ehhh, I'd pay 2200-2400. Unless it was in pristine condition.

Never write $XXXX FIRM...it makes people weary. You should always let people negotiate on the price. ALWAYS! If you dont like their offer, dont take it. Simple as that.

And in the case of the guy that didnt call you back....big whoop...Buyers are liars, Money talks. Simply put.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                            I refuse to pay bluebook. 2900 for a 95....ehhh, I'd pay 2200-2400. Unless it was in pristine condition.

Never write $XXXX FIRM...it makes people weary. You should always let people negotiate on the price. ALWAYS! If you dont like their offer, dont take it. Simple as that.

And in the case of the guy that didnt call you back....big whoop...Buyers are liars, Money talks. Simply put.
                            Truck is actual in good condition aside from a dent and a few scratches on the bed.

I listed it for 2,900 to see if I could gather some interest which I did but your right people will low ball and try and kill the price to their liking.

I had one guy call me up and tell me that my truck to him wasn't worth that much and that at 2,900 it was a bit much for what he was looking for it, so I said well your more than welcome to come look at it..and got off the phone.

I admit I was a little peeved that the guy didn't let me know how he exactly felt about the truck and ran circles around me but I could careless now, who ever is interested in it will call and until then..I'll deal with what I got.

You say you'd never pay 2,900 for the blue book value on the car..my trucks 12 years old and family owned.

Ha I've seen people here list their car's for 4 grand just because it has the H22 in the engine bay of which I'm sure some members here have had success in selling.

I for one would never pay that much on a 17 year old car. At least with a family owned vehicle with all the records intact..your getting a good solid deal.

You know it's changed hands three times in it's 12 year life span but within the same family..so each person whow owned the vehicle knows what has been done to it and if it's been in any accidents.

As I stated before in the conditon that it's in the book value is near 3,500 , I was even offered 4 grand after it got out of the shop last April but since I hadn't had the chance to use it..I declined the offer and kept the truck.

And I'm selling it due to the fact that I do need something smaller and more efficient in the city instead of a 4WD truck with size 235 tires.
                            Last edited by HenRoc; 07-08-2007, 05:47 PM.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                              Ha I've seen people here list their car's for 4 grand just because it has the H22 in the engine bay of which I'm sure some members here have had success in selling.
                              Its sad, but here, people are paying that for a bone stock Accord. You see relatively modified old Hondas up for around ten thousand... and the thing is.. people PAY. Prices are so inflated here, its ridiculous. It can be ten thousand, TEN, cheaper to buy lets say a WRX sti State side. Oh well. I am fairly sure people are paying nearly five thousand for your type of truck here.. Seeing as the dollar is no longer much different... yeah, I dont like economies haha..
                              Last edited by Dv8; 07-08-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X