Front engine mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front engine mount.

just need a quick couple of replies sorry Deev I know its in the wrong section its just that im at my mechanics right now and i need this answered. With an h22 is it safe to remove the front motor mount? Trying to free up room for a manifold. Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

as long as you fill the rest of your mounts you should have no problems. if you removed it ,you are going to have a lot of movement of your engine. i suggest you fill your other mounts or get aftermarket polyurathen mounts. you have a lot of options here
    Members Ride

Comment

oooh.. yeah.. make sure your other mounts have polyurethane or inserts... in em... your engine will rock too much! not good!.. i wouldnt recommend it.. but if your other mounts are fortified it should be good.

Comment

The H22 doesn't move any more than the F22 does.

The front mount is just a torque mount, so all it does is combat engine movement. It will accelerate the wear on your stock mounts, and the engine will move considerably more if they are already damaged. Filling them with urethane or simply replacing them will definitely help.

Comment

Like stated, if the other 3 are filled w/ let's say, 94a urethane, that would be fine. You could also get one of those torque dampers like the ones from NRG. This was on chronicboost's car, but his mechanic shortened the CB torque mount/dog bone and rewelded the brackets for it where the a/c bracket would normally bolt to the block, physically moving the whole thing over to the right! It was some fabbing, but that motor did not move at all.

Comment

granite had my idea, torque damper could be a supplemental sollution

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

If you like vibrations, go for it.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. No I dont like vibrations But I will be filling in the other mounts!

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                X