Movie Theatre Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Theatre Review Thread

This just came to mind but I think we should let each other know our personal opinions on the movies that are out on screen. I know that people all have their own opinion, however I think that it would be helpful to get some kind of feel of what to expect. Anyway I'll go first.
    Last edited by jdm_inspired; 07-02-2007, 04:14 PM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

1408:

It was alright. It wasn't scary to me at all. A couple thrills, but no chills. There were some "OH SHIIIIT" scenes but other than that...it was alright. Maybe something worth renting IMO. Anyway, any other feedback on this movie is welcome.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
      1408:

It was alright. It wasn't scary to me at all. A couple thrills, but no chills
      I agree to the not being scary. I thought it was gonna be like a Halloween kind of scary, but it's scary in the sense of hallucinations.(think "It")

Comment

I didn't like 1408 at all, it seemed like random ideas for 2 hours. kind of boring

I liked Transformers, saw it lastnight (I'm an assistant manager at a movie theater so I watch all the good ones early)

I personally liked Mr. Brooks also but I heard it got bad reviews

Sadly I want to see Ratatouille, looks funny

Comment

*Knocked up*

Like if you have 7$ and have nothing to do....go fucking see this movie.

A+

Very funny.

Basically this dude and his friends are stoner bums...they run a website that you can find out at which point actresses get naked in movies.

On the other side of it this chick lives with her married sister who has two kids. She unmarried girl gets promoted goes out with her sis to a club and gets wasted. They bump into the stoner friends...the married one leaves while the unmarried one stays and befriends the main character....go home have crazy sex and wala she is knocked up..lol...

the rest follows their trials and tribulations in "making it work''.

I didnt ruin anything go see it its fucking hillarious!

Comment

I'll agree with Ralphie about knocked up

I also liked oceans 13, kind of reminded me of Back To The Future because 1st one was good, 2nd one sucked, 3rd one redeemed the series
            Last edited by apuforyou; 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Transformers is next on my list however I do like the old look. I seen some sketches in a game strategy guide. Looks crazy.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
                I'll agree with Ralphie about knocked up

I also liked oceans 13, kind of reminded me of Back To The Future because 1st one was good, 2nd one sucked, 3rd one redeemed the series

Really? Hmmm i loved the original and the 11....didnt see 12 but the reviews were skerry....

My gf wants to see 13 so i guess well go see that!

Comment

Oceans 13 was awesome. I loved that movie. A great plot and A LOT easier to follow than Oceans 12. See it if you like any of the Oceans movies.
                  Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

i like the downtown san mateo's theatre...lots of jail bait :o
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      ROFL!11

Comment

die hard was cool. kind of funny, lots of action.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          jail bait FTW :P

j/k.

Im on the boat with everyone else about 1408. I was kinda disappointed. Its rated R, so I was expecting some serious shit, but a few times where it was cool, but for the most part, it had the same recent Stephen King feel to it. The ending was so-so. Not good, but not bad. Overall, Id give it 4 of 5.

Wanna see Die Hard but, eh

Definitely seeing Transformers on Friday. If that disappoints Ima be pissed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

die hard was pretty awesome though. i wasnt a HUGE fan of the die hard's but this last one was definitely a kicker.
                            John Mclane's daughter is a looker too.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm HUGE movie buff....i dont watch movies...I analize and critique them. Saw "knocked up"...very good comedy, its dvd worthy. Saw 1408, very disappointing....had you waiting for the scary stuff which ended u being mind twisted creepy stuff that didnt do it for me and alot of other people. Will be seeing "transformers" tonight or tomorrow.....I "think" it might be good seeing that i'm a trans fan from childhood. Cant remember what other movies i've see lately, will update when I do.

edit: Oh yea, Fantastic : Rise of the silver surfer was pretty good ....WAY better than the 1st one.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X