Does this seem legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this seem legit?

Ok as many of you know here, I've been trying sell my truck within the last couple weeks. I posted my truck on Craigslist and so far I've had some luck but not the price range I would like to let it go for.

I've had a couple hits off of craigslist including two people who came to look at my truck yesterday one offered $2,500 for it another guy was interested in purchasing it (he was hoping by Tuesday at the latest) but he later decided not to after consulting his fiancee, and had the deal gone thru he was going to give me what I'm asking for it.

So I've had one offer of a trade for a 97 Camry with 141k but I turned him down for my own reasons.

And then I got this email.

To me it seemed real sketchy but read on and tell me if it sounds legit:

**Note the answers in BOLD are my responses to the mailer**

Hello,

I am interested in the immediate purchase of your item placed on Craigslist and I will like to ask few questions before I proceed on the purchase.

1 :- Is the item available for sale ?

To answer your question yes, it is.

2 :- What is the condition of the item ?

As you can see from the pictures on Craigslist, it's in good condition for a 12 year old truck, these pictures were taking just yesterday afternoon.

3 :- Do you accept a cashiers check as mode of payment?

Contact me for more details.

4 :- Where is the item located ?

Nashua, New Hampshire

5 :- What is the final price of the item ?

Final price is $2,900

6 :- Will you be able to send more pictures to see how it look likes ?

Yes I will gladly send you more pictures of the truck.

7 :-Will you allow my Shipper come to your house for the pick up of the
    item cos I don't want you to worry yourself about the shipping of the item.?

Before I deal with shipping my truck I need to know who I am speaking with, I am more apt to talking over the phone instead of emails. This way I know the person I am talking to too is legit.

8 :- Will you be able to wire the Shipping fess via western union money
    transfer to my shipper cos the total payment which include the shipping
    charges and some other commissions needed to get the item to its
    destination would be issued altogether on the check?

If the buyer is out of state, and wants the truck shipped to their current location, he or she is responsible for that option, I don't hold any responsibility on how the buyer wants to retrieve the vehicle once the sale is complete.

9 :- If accepted kindly get back to me with your full name and contact
    address including your phone number so that my client can mail out the check right away?

Again, I do apologize for this but as I mentioned I would rather speak to you personally over the phone instead of giving out my information to your client.

Thanks

Smith Cole
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Scam...Mess with him though.
    I had a guy wanting to buy my car.He was in England hahah straight scam.
    sent me suff like the guy sent you
    1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
    -Nava

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
      Scam...Mess with him though.
      I had a guy wanting to buy my car.He was in England hahah straight scam.
      sent me suff like the guy sent you
      Yeah I tried searching for the email and landed me here:

http://www.career.com/JobSeeker/JobD...aspx?jobID=766

the email string is based out of Sacramento...but something doesn't seem right at all, I've emailed the guy telling him to give a me a phone call but nothing yet so.

We'll see.

But he did send me this as well. It's one hell of a run on sentence too.

Thanks very much for getting back to me,so i want you to know that i really want the item and that is why i email you in the first place,so i want you to get back to me with your full name and address so i can send you a money order or check payment through FEDEX and
      note that am going to send down my private shipping company to come for the prompt shipping as soon as you cashed the payment.
      Please kindly reply me back with your direct phone number so i can inform you as soon as the payment is sent out. Regarding the shipping, I have a company that takes care of the pick up of my consignments for me and ship to my destination anywhere in the U.S.A.,you do not worry about shipping, my shipping agent will send down a representative to arrange the
      Sales documentation and then pick up from your end or onward transfer to my destination.
      I also want to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving an overdraft payment which will cover the money for the pickup (pickup and shipping to the final destination) as well as the money to be paid to the company that will take care of the pickup and the documentation with you. So please, as soon as you receive the payment , go and cash them immediately, deduct the money that accrues to your
      cost of the (Item's) and take a compensation of $100 for stress making you go through, and you will send the rest balance to my agent that handles the shipment via the nearest Western Union agent location in your area.
      Deduct the Western Union charges from the balance and send the remaining immediately.
      Please confirm this email if you are gonna be able to do that so i can email you when to send the payment out and get back to me with your free go ahead if i should go ahead ASAP....

Hope to hear from you soon today.

Regards.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

dont give him ur number ask for his. I SMELL FISH
        1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
        -Nava

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
          dont give him ur number ask for his. I SMELL FISH
          x2

Comment

That's definitely a scam. I've read about similar things like this before.
            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

scam

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Scam, and I heard once that this scammer being scammed by another scammer.

This thing always happened if you try to sell car in craiglists. When I was selling my Honda odyssey in Houston craiglist, there were two emails that looks just like that (similar format, questions). IMO do not trust any payment through Western Union if you are selling item online.

The good thing is that you can smell something is wrong, some people fall into their trap.

Just my opinion.

Comment

no.

Comment

weird how first he's talking about paying you then he wants you to send out a payment to his "agent" Money shouldn't be traveling in that direction if your the seller.

Comment

Yea, and notice how he says "item" he does not say the ranger or truck. This is a complete scam. I got like 5 of these same messages when I was selling my cb7.

Comment

ya its some sort of scam. I put up part from my cb7 up for sale, and they kept on asking me how much for the whole car and i kept on telling them that i was selling part off of a car, and they were like were interesting in buying your item, how much, and im like i need to know what you want. And it went in circles for ever untill i just quit.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

this is soooooo obviously a scam.. did you actually think it might be real?.. hah..

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                            this is soooooo obviously a scam.. did you actually think it might be real?.. hah..
                            I soooooo like that sarcasm.

I thought it was but I second guessed it. Didn't do anything further, searched the name and it came up on a website that allows you to report scammers.

There was a person in West Virginia that become a victim of this Smith Cole dude.

:whew:
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                              I soooooo like that sarcasm.
                              what sarcasm?.. i just asked an honest question..

Comment

Working...
                              X