My New Car Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05
    If your baller enough I recommend looking into some parts by APR since they specialize in audi. They have a couple bad ass S4's might wanna give that a look see. I wouldnt mind an audi its a vw but its pretty nice for what it is. Id get an S4 though the older one not the new one with the v8. The one with teh biturbo v6 =D.

yeah a friend of mine bought an 03 golf GTI, 1.8L T.

sent his ecu off to apr to get it chipped or whatever, and was real happy with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
      Assuming your dealer doesn't check the checksum on the ECU. Or do you have something other than the AP?
      Eh. Most suby dealers are clueless anyway. I'm actually dreading going in for a simple relay recall.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
        The question is, do you do it because you;

a.) are poor
        b.) are cheap
        c.) like fixing stuff that breaks

I used to like it. Then I realized its more fun to mod a car than it is to fix a car, especially if its the car you have to depend on everyday. Not saying my old CB let me down (only once) but there were a lot of things that needed replacing. In the end, unless you have lots of time and alternate forms of transportation, its just a pain and major inconvenience to have to continuously maintain an old car. I'd rather spend my time/money modding on a new(er) one that doesn't have existing issues.

EDIT: I'd say the OP made right move going with a CPO car. It should save him headaches down the line with repairs. Hopefully he'll have good luck with this one.
        Yea... when your CB breaks down on you on your way to a hot date... and you gotta call the girl up to come get you...

Or you're on a major bridge in NYC... you stall from a launch... and your car won't start...

Or a month after you get the car... your clutch dies out...

Or when you try to sell it... the shifter cable breaks... and you have to give the money back...

You say 'hmm maybe this isn't for me'

Modding is fun as hell... I like doing work to enhance my car... not get it back to how it should be. IMO, if you have a CB now, you should have a reliable DD to mess with...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

Modding is fun as hell... I like doing work to enhance my car... not get it back to how it should be. IMO, if you have a CB now, you should have a reliable DD to mess with...
          Ehh...I wouldn't go that far. I mean I've got two now and neither one would qualify as unreliable to me. Do they have their quirks...yes. Are they particularly unreliable, no.

How bad was your EX other than all the crap you broke because you were so low?

Comment

Working...
          X