X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1
    what is ****? lol
    In Before The Lock

but I don't think this thread is quite lockworthy at this point, there's only been a tiny bit of namecalling
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

oh ok.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Yep and some Hondas made in Ohio. Only special makes such as NSX and all that is made back overseas. But most of the mass produced accord, tundra, sequoia, and all that jazz are produced here. Anyway why not expand =O Japan is only so big and can only hold so much stuff. Plus they wont have to pay that tax if I recall if they are made here. However when I went to Toyota plant Scion, Camry, and one other car was made there. It was only a small part of there operations but it was cool seeing it. No cameras allowed for obvious reasons but one of the cleanest most efficient systems I have seen. Just on time system or whatever works.

Hondas domestic production is rapidly approaching 90% of all Hondas sold in the US are made in the US.

They are the leading "import" manufacturer in that regard.

Also, many of the vehicles that are "assembled" here, are being assembled from a parts content that is more than 75% US sourced.

By all legal, trade, and employment definitions, that makes them "domestic" cars.

Both numbers have gone up substantially from even 10 years ago, and are continuing to do so.

The Ridgeline is more American than the Avalanche, and the Camry is more American than the Chrysler 300C...

Really, it is a perception issue.

I got into an arguement about this with an ignorant redneck once (wasted my time, so I quit).

He argued that it didn't matter because all the money was going to Japan. Yes, because I can go buy Honda and Toyota stock on the NYSE, all of which benefits me directly.

Not to mention that all of the employees in America who get paid in America, spend their money in America.

Of course, GM has a building in Detroit, so that means their money is all going to the US, right?
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          Hondas domestic production is rapidly approaching 90% of all Hondas sold in the US are made in the US.

They are the leading "import" manufacturer in that regard.

Also, many of the vehicles that are "assembled" here, are being assembled from a parts content that is more than 75% US sourced.

By all legal, trade, and employment definitions, that makes them "domestic" cars.

Both numbers have gone up substantially from even 10 years ago, and are continuing to do so.

The Ridgeline is more American than the Avalanche, and the Camry is more American than the Chrysler 300C...

Really, it is a perception issue.

I got into an arguement about this with an ignorant redneck once (wasted my time, so I quit).

He argued that it didn't matter because all the money was going to Japan. Yes, because I can go buy Honda and Toyota stock on the NYSE, all of which benefits me directly.

Not to mention that all of the employees in America who get paid in America, spend their money in America.

Of course, GM has a building in Detroit, so that means their money is all going to the US, right?
          OMFG thats the funniest thing ive read in a month.

Comment

its because humans always want to distinguish themselves from one another...anything different or foreign is just not right and must be put down.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
              Ok, *codickugh*enlightened one, pray tell, what is the holiest of automobile manufacturers? Which corporation makes no mistakes and produces flawless vehicular transport?
              where in my post or what i quoted does it say ANYTHING about me saying that there is a company that "makes no mistakes and produces a flawless vehicular transport"?..

idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                Infinity isnt japanese. its domestic side of nissan

i had made a thread about stuff like this before. it was in referance to a page an editor of a magazine that i read said(honda tuning i think.) he was talking about how the guys in the import world talk trash about other guys with imports. he also said that "we are becoming the mustang driving doushbags that we've grown to hate so much."

another editor of import tuner said kind of the same thing. he said that we're all tuners. just not tuners of the same brand or type of cars. the guy standning next to you may have the Mustang Cobra may have a supercharger and nice rims. but guess what? he's been working on his car. trying to make it faster. just like you do with yours. even tho your standing there with a Civic SI thats boosted and running 12s or 13s in the 1/4mile. guess what? you both are running the same times and do the same things to your car. just he has something thats a domestic and you have something from japan. who cares. your both tuners. thats all that matters.
                Infiniti isnt Japanese? Im pretty sure its the luxury version of nissan. But even if im wrong and theyre not japanese, that dosent change me likeing or not likeing them. I like Infiniti's. As for what you said after i totally agree. We're all the same, but for some reason i will stick to the brands i like. I would also like to add the VW Corrado to my Non-Japanese car that i would buy. lol

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                X