Short rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short rant.

Why cant a car be a car instead of an American car or a Japanese car or a European car? They all have their strengths and they all have their weaknesses. Why are people so closed minded that they have to put everything down just cuz its not like their own car or its not what they grew up with. Ive always thought this but it piqued tonight when I read some youtube comments. Mistake number one, I know.
    First video- NSX vs C4 Vette. turbo NSX runs 11.8, C4 misses second.
    "07 zo6 smokes nsx and this vid is a joke" Cant take the fact that your favorite car was beaten by something from Hirohitoland? Bring up a totally unrelated car. Real mature. "My dad can beat up your dad!" comes to mind.
    Second video- NSX vs Viper. NSX runs a 12.77, Viper runs 12.99.
    "LOL in your fucking face you muscle car fans! Turns out Honda's are better!lol i got a 1997 Honda Accord EX-R V6 and it owns!" This is a textbook fanboy, like far too many people on even this site. No one manufacturer is better than the rest. Period. Except Pagani. Eat it, Ferrari.

I know my points are short, but you get them. Short and succinct is how I make As on my school papers.

Sometimes the modern car world resembles racism a little too much. I know thats a bit of a stretch, but the concept is the same. Im sure I dont need to diverge into a history lesson about racism, but think about it for a minute. I know its not as far reaching or significant, but just try to think about what youre missing out on in the pantheon of American and European cars.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Originally posted by texasvtak
    No one manufacturer is better than the rest. Period. Except Pagani. Eat it, Ferrari.
    I agree with everything except this statement.

This is an overly idealic 3 person perspective.

Humans do not exist in the 3rd person, nor do they make decision based on a 3rd person perspective.

Once someone prioritizes THEIR needs, there is usually a clear choice.

For me, the company that best suits MY priorities would be Honda/Acura.

It does not mean that my priorities are the only valid ones, or that other products don't have their virtues.

So yes, I get the gist of what you are saying. It is stupid to look down on other brands just because they aren't what you would choose.

Honestly, it is done primarily by ignorant rednecks, and pimply faced teenagers that have no car at all.

Everyone else is usually intelligent enough to have better things to do with their time.

And sorry, but in terms of performance Ferrari has a pedigree that is unparalleled to ANY in history.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
      And sorry, but in terms of performance Ferrari has a pedigree that is unparalleled to ANY in history.
      X1000!!

I deff see where your coming from.

Ive talked my shit about domestics and such.
      I usually do it out of fun.
      One of my favorite cars is the Shelby Gt500.
      But just like Scott was saying, what fits my needs is Honda/Acura.
      I am a E-4 in the Us Army. I make about 840 every 2 weeks after taxes. I dont have many bills. So i need a car that is hella reliable and good on gas mileage as i NEED a car to get to mandatory training and such. My 93 Se has far exceeded its expectations with me as its left me stranded 0 times. (the one time the battery died doesnt count as it isnt Hondas engineering that killed my battery it was the shit company i bought from)

So yea i can see where your coming from but i think it isnt as serious as you might see it. Of all the comments ive read on youtube nontheless, the posters seem to be inexperienced teenagers that wouldnt know a Pantera from a 911.

And Ferrari owns.

Comment

That part was a joke. I just love the Zonda.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Zonda F!!! Anyway I agree. I hate reading these youtube posts and people just hatin on vehicles. If a civic gets smoked by a domestic they start bashing and callin the dude a ricer. I dont get it. I think youtube/streetfire comments are the worse. Kids can yap yap yap on the net but in real life they dont have the car or whatever. Anyone can talk big on the internet can you back it up in real life. Makes me wanna go over and just confront them. But oh well its life people will hate every domestic, euro or import depending on there preferences. Euros see jdm vehicles as cheap ass cars, Domestics as cheap cars so far from comments I have read in the past. Domestics are more like took me 3g to make my car fast took you double to make your import fast blah blah blah. Then you got imports. Oooh I beat a car with two more cylinders than mine or my civic still gets 25mpg wtf. I am literally tired of hearing comments like that. Shows how ignorant this generation is. The views I listed does not apply to everyone (I know domestic and euro people) but most of them that like to talk shit on the net.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Welcome to the world of close minded people with egos bloated greatly behind the keyboard.

I hate to sound like a dick, but there's not a day that goes by on this site when I don't laugh when I read "My CB is better than xxx."

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
              No one manufacturer is better than the rest. Period.
              if you were serious when you typed this, you are a moron..

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                if you were serious when you typed this, you are a moron..
                Ok, *codickugh*enlightened one, pray tell, what is the holiest of automobile manufacturers? Which corporation makes no mistakes and produces flawless vehicular transport?
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

i guess you could call me a closed minded 17 yr old becasue all i would ever buy is a honda/acura/nissan/infinti. But i do have reasons for this. I think Japanese Cars are the best overall, not the best in every single category. Germans take the luxury title. Japanese take the reliability/efficiency title, and domestics take the pick-up title(which Nissan is taking up on). Iver had experience with all Three. My cb7 is 14 yr old abused car that broke down on me once due to wire short. My dad has a 04 MB s600, and is a POS when looked at from a reliabilty standard. So much shit is gone wrong with it, it amazes me. The ride quality is amazing, but it dosent overshadow the fact that its on service AT LEAST every month. Now my mom had a Pontiac grand prix or something that i drove once, and it broke down on me once. no one ever bothered to fix it, bc its a Pontiac. I remember i had to change the battery on it once and it took me forever because of a stupid design and all the bolts were different sizes(like the couldn't use all the same sizes?) So my closemindedness comes from experience, not anything else. I think that Honda/Nissan/Toyota are by the the best cars in the world because of reliability and efficiency. They are also the simplest cars to fix. No car manufacturer is perfect because no one is perfect, but they are the closest too it.
                  PS. I would also buy the Lincoln LS, that car is sick nasty.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

People always have something to prove to each other.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

i think its funny a lot of the "american" vehicles, especially trucks, are now made in canada or mexice, but the japanese cars are made here! the new toyota tundra is made in kentucky, subarus are made in indiana, etc.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                        i think its funny a lot of the "american" vehicles, especially trucks, are now made in canada or mexice, but the japanese cars are made here! the new toyota tundra is made in kentucky, subarus are made in indiana, etc.
                        Yep and some Hondas made in Ohio. Only special makes such as NSX and all that is made back overseas. But most of the mass produced accord, tundra, sequoia, and all that jazz are produced here. Anyway why not expand =O Japan is only so big and can only hold so much stuff. Plus they wont have to pay that tax if I recall if they are made here. However when I went to Toyota plant Scion, Camry, and one other car was made there. It was only a small part of there operations but it was cool seeing it. No cameras allowed for obvious reasons but one of the cleanest most efficient systems I have seen. Just on time system or whatever works.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                          i guess you could call me a closed minded 17 yr old becasue all i would ever buy is a honda/acura/nissan/infinti.

Infinity isnt japanese. its domestic side of nissan

i had made a thread about stuff like this before. it was in referance to a page an editor of a magazine that i read said(honda tuning i think.) he was talking about how the guys in the import world talk trash about other guys with imports. he also said that "we are becoming the mustang driving doushbags that we've grown to hate so much."

another editor of import tuner said kind of the same thing. he said that we're all tuners. just not tuners of the same brand or type of cars. the guy standning next to you may have the Mustang Cobra may have a supercharger and nice rims. but guess what? he's been working on his car. trying to make it faster. just like you do with yours. even tho your standing there with a Civic SI thats boosted and running 12s or 13s in the 1/4mile. guess what? you both are running the same times and do the same things to your car. just he has something thats a domestic and you have something from japan. who cares. your both tuners. thats all that matters.

Comment

[img]http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/****-Crocodile.jpg[/img]
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

what is ****? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X