Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my car broke down on the Goethals Bridge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my car broke down on the Goethals Bridge...

I was coming back from uslspct's house (yo your roommate is slammin by the way, I like her ethnic build) after swapping over all the A/C stuff, and I was on the bridge in bumper to bumper traffic... I cut off from a stop, go to start the car, and I get nothing. So I block a lane of traffic till the police come with a truck, and they give me a push... I get a rolling start and drive the rest of the way home.

I suppose this is a thread for 'Technical' but it's a funny story, and OT gets more views. What the hell is the problem? Did my starter just die?

There's a few things I'm considering... the main one is that the positive battery terminal is black and I haven't touched it since I got the car until today when we had to take it out to put lines in. It's just caked over with something that I imagine is impeding current flow from the starter to the battery; as the car runs fine off the alternator. If I get a minute tomorrow I'll get a new terminal and see if that solves the problem, because I'm also getting low voltage (all the lights are dim, etc.).

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

word so you've got AC now?

Comment

corrosion!!!

i bet you didnt even get a click or anything right.

check your corrosion your battery may just be bad as well like only pushing 11 volts
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
        corrosion!!!

i bet you didnt even get a click or anything right.

check your corrosion your battery may just be bad as well like only pushing 11 volts
        Dude I INVENTED the battery cable corrosion repair... my negative cable is brand new

I'm pretty sure it's the positive terminal... the shit is totally caked over with this black crust

And I just have to get the A/C accessory belt, the big line going to the evaporator (I kinked it too much, I might get a steel braided line if I can get the fittings) and to get the shit recharged with R12 coolant...then P/S goes back on... etc.
        Last edited by gloryaccordy; 06-10-2007, 11:39 PM.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

When your done cleanin off the terminal just take some sprite or some seltzer water and pour it on both terminals to slow the corrosion just a lil for good measure. I hope youve been taking good care of her.

Comment

That battery and those grounds were looking pretty beat, Yaw... I wouldn't doubt if that's the problem. I was wondering if you made it home OK! At least you didn't get lost in PA this time!

It definitely sounds like a power issue. Just replace that crusty old battery and get some ground straps that aren't pulling out of the base!

Comment

that sucks doesn't it. they gave me a shorter axle for a civic i used to have and it of course pops out on a dam we have here that is about 1 mile long. it was rush hour, only 2 lanes total, and i had to push it about 150yards, ALONE, to one of those "pull over" places.

everyone wanted to blow their horn but not do much to help, the fuckers
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I don't get people... they'd rather spend 30 minutes being pissed at someone than 10 minutes helping them.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                  word so you've got AC now?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    I was coming back from uslspct's house after swapping over all the A/C stuff
                    He has sparkle's old car... pretty much stripped of all luxury, which is slowly being put back.

AC doesn't work yet, as a line got damaged in the install... but everything is ready to be hooked up when that is replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      He has sparkle's old car... pretty much stripped of all luxury, which is slowly being put back.

AC doesn't work yet, as a line got damaged in the install... but everything is ready to be hooked up when that is replaced.
                      It would be "really cool" if we got the A/C working. I wanna get cracking on it early next weekend so I can get it charged before next week...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        It would be "really cool" if we got the A/C working. I wanna get cracking on it early next weekend so I can get it charged before next week...

Well hell, by the time you get it ready to sell it, it will be like a whole new car...
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The starter solenoid cable got disconnected from the starter

Wait, that "fix" didn't cost me anything besides the cost of a new terminal and terminal cleaner...

Comment

i think that by the time this thing is all fixed up you'll be too attaced to sell it, or at least you should be. its looking 100 times better already, i think its dying for a new front bumper and new headlights and the rest is minor

-sean
                            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

So I gave you a nice shiny battery terminal for the +. Use it.
                              Were's my GoJo?
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X