Meteor sightings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meteor sightings?

Just wondering if anyone has seen them, or knows anything about them.

One time me and my dad saw a huge fireball object in the sky, heading on a western direction towards the pacific ocean. It was following a straight trajectory over the horizon and had a huge fire trail behind it. NOTHING WAS EVER MENTIONED ON THE NEWS

This was back in 1991 during the world series (October?) in the evening (dusk). Over southern Oregon. That was probably the strangest thing I have ever seen/witnessed.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

i remember seeing one back in the day too, told my mother and she said it was a God paying a visit to Earth.

unless theres a meteor shower, one single meteor isn't going to get much coverage. it's just by chance that we both saw one.

Comment

you will probably see hundreds throughout the night, if u r willing to stay awake through the night laying on a field....
      DEVOTE

Comment

can't see crap here in california. too many damn bright city lights.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

see that's the sad thing, living in the suburbs, there are no open fields except in parks but if you're there late at night you're gonna be laying their as a corpse because of robbers.

as a gift for working with the company for so long, my mother let me choose her gift which was a telescope. i've been dying to take it outside and use it at night BUT, since i work 3rd shift now theres fat chance of that.

Comment

www.amsmeteors.org

DEVOTE

Comment

i saw one once. it was a white ball with a blue tail.

Comment

The one I saw was incredibly huge, so it was hard to tell how far away it was. We even thought it could have been a Jet burning up. The only thing I ever see are falling stars usually.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                  Just wondering if anyone has seen them, or knows anything about them.

One time me and my dad saw a huge fireball object in the sky, heading on a western direction towards the pacific ocean. It was following a straight trajectory over the horizon and had a huge fire trail behind it. NOTHING WAS EVER MENTIONED ON THE NEWS

This was back in 1991 during the world series (October?) in the evening (dusk). Over southern Oregon. That was probably the strangest thing I have ever seen/witnessed.

91? oh dude that was definately a UFO thats why it wasnt on the news
                  ]

Comment

I remember seeing something like it on night while traveling through the everglades on tamiami trail

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                    X