No announcement yet.

*update* on my car... finally..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weak sauce!!!!! tl's suck man!!!!!!!!!!!!

but nice conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
      im sure ill be hearing that more on this board for obvious reasons..
      no worries, its still a honda so nuthugging is inevitable.
      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

The auto tranny isn't that bad. The TLs are usually the best of the bunch. The CLs look sportier, so they're often beaten on more, and the Accords are cheaper, so they aren't cared for as much. The TL-S is probably the safest bet.

Comment

i think you need a new grill desperately other than that i like, maybe some blackhoused, maybe not, get the grill for sure though
          ]

Comment

thats a crazy ass conversion. didnt know anybody can pull it off. i love those. what a sexy color. stick or auto?

Comment

PHOTOSHOP!!

That is pretty nice Jeff, out of all the Acura models this one would have to be my top pick.

But damn I know how rare it is just to find a manual Type-S none the less I like the color and the car much more.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Holy shit. Thats one hell of a conversion, haha.

Comment

thanks for the good words..

the wheels are from an '00 SE... when they first came out, i had to have them... ive had nothing but compliments on them..

yes, its a 5spd automatic and as far as the tranny goes, its on number 2 right now.. the previous owner had it replaced under the recall at about 67k i believe.. its at roughly 78k now and is under warranty till 108k.. that was an issue that i was kinda worried about too, but hopefully if it does ever crap out again, it will be within the warranty.. i dont plan on being hard on it at all.. hell, i have yet to use the sport shift at all since i got it back in mid march.. i just have no urge to use it..

thanks again..

Comment

Hold up its a conversion I didnt read the comments at first...now thats hella tight dude.
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

this thread is so funny to me because I was up for about 2 hours last night looking on TL especially the type-s in that particular color. I've always like them but I'm worried about the tranny issue also. I wish i could find one with low miles which already had the tranny changed which would put me at ease. Nice car bro, it has the black leather too, correct?
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                        PHOTOSHOP!!

That is pretty nice Jeff, out of all the Acura models this one would have to be my top pick.

But damn I know how rare it is just to find a manual Type-S none the less I like the color and the car much more.
                        actually it would be VERY hard to find an 02/03 tl-s 6spd, most likely because they were never made.

Comment

Yeah, CL-S 6 speed is hard to find. TL-S 6 speed is impossible to find (stock)

Comment

Very nice, now its needs to be dropped, alot of people drop them on tien basics.

I met this guy who did a manual swap from a cl on his tl.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
                              this thread is so funny to me because I was up for about 2 hours last night looking on TL especially the type-s in that particular color. I've always like them but I'm worried about the tranny issue also. I wish i could find one with low miles which already had the tranny changed which would put me at ease. Nice car bro, it has the black leather too, correct?
                              the trannies will probably still gradually go out.. with the recall, if your tranny was still low miles and passed their inspection, you would just get the oil squirters added to the tranny and they would warranty it for a certain amount (not sure how long).. if it actually went out or has noticeable damage, they replaced the tranny with a new one with the oil squirters.. honda has just never had luck with making decent v6 auto trannies.. the 6th accords had some of the same issues.. and yes, it has black leather with grey "wood grain" accents.. :naughty:

as far as lowering it, it actually already is.. it has comptech springs which lower it 1.5 in the front and 1 in the back.. it sits fine right where it is and rides very good for still having stock shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                                the trannies will probably still gradually go out.. with the recall, if your tranny was still low miles and passed their inspection, you would just get the oil squirters added to the tranny and they would warranty it for a certain amount (not sure how long).. if it actually went out or has noticeable damage, they replaced the tranny with a new one with the oil squirters.. honda has just never had luck with making decent v6 auto trannies.. the 6th accords had some of the same issues.. and yes, it has black leather with grey "wood grain" accents.. :naughty:

as far as lowering it, it actually already is.. it has comptech springs which lower it 1.5 in the front and 1 in the back.. it sits fine right where it is and rides very good for still having stock shocks..
                                that sucks because its such a nice car...I know of the accord trannies too. Thats the reason why i'm reluctant to get one but I will begoing to test drive one similiar to yours tomorrow...We'll see what happens.
                                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                                X