rims dillemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rims dillemma

on my local craigslist, someone is selling 3 racing hart CP-35's for really cheap.

unfortunately racing hart does not make them anymore so my other options would be to wait and try to track down one or just get the knock off equivalent which is the rota torque.

the specs are the same (ie. lug size, rim diamter and width)

so overall id spend about 310 on the set of rims. is it worth it?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

The spoke design is actually a little different on the racing hart's as is the actual finish of the paint. I doubt you'd be able to get that 4th wheel spot on if you purchase the rota one and it'll be equally hard to find just one authentic one to match the other 3. You also have to consider the weight differences of the two wheels as the real ones are forged and the rotas are cast. If you really don't mind, then go for it, cuz to the naked eye, it probably wouldn't be too obvious except to you cuz you have to look at it everyday.
    www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Racing Harts are nice. Especially the Cp035. They were a pretty big hit when they first came out. Really nice and light rim as joey mention. If you can somehow source a 4th one and repaint them all (help them all look alike) go for it. You might be able to find a pair for sale every now and then then you have a spare tire too if your even going to run one.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well, the weight shouldnt be an issue if the rota is on the rear since those are independent of the front.

the color issue might be a problem but im not a picky type of guy. im probably going to side with not purchasing them because o might need to rent a truck in july...need monay
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

whoa!

good to see you around, stickydiljoe

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
            whoa!

good to see you around, stickydiljoe

Yeah back with a vengeance....and to promote shit...and to sell stuff...
            www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

if you like the style, go for a full set of rotas. i would prefer that, than rockin 3 and passing off a rota for the 4th.

Comment

Agreed, for the amount you're paying for 3, just get a full set of four rotas. Or just keep saving and get some other type of real rims.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                X