Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have bad luck

OK so here is the thing.....

First the water pump goes out on our winter car, and it was over heating(and I was driving)

Then my husbands intake manifold is leaking on his integra...

Then on my cb the tranny started slipping really really bad and it was fine for a while then the fuckin cable broke on the shift linkage(I was driving)...

And last but not least lastnight I was driving to go get a beer with my roomate and on the green cb the damn clutch went out totally......

Damn luck

Nicole

Nicole
    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Our cars are old as fuck...

I bought my car a month ago... in that time my clutch went, and my driver's side axle has gone twice. Real talk, keeping an old car running costs as much as having a new car. Sometimes I ask, 'is it really worth it???'... and I'm not sure what the answer is. But I'm too lazy to sell the car, so 'meh'...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

I bought my car a month ago... in that time my clutch went, and my driver's side axle has gone twice. Real talk, keeping an old car running costs as much as having a new car. Sometimes I ask, 'is it really worth it???'... and I'm not sure what the answer is. But I'm too lazy to sell the car, so 'meh'...
      I think it is worth it, because I will never buy a brand new car. and I will never sell my cb because I have put to much time into it, even though sometimes I wish I could drive it off a bridge

but it wasnt just the cb's the integra is a 95 and the buick is a 92 also.....

Nicole

Nicole
      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

you dont know bad luck till youve met me
        ]

Comment

Things tend to go wrong in cycles. There will be periods of time where everything is peachy, and all of a sudden everything will go wrong at once. usually, once you fix everything, you get to another good cycle, and the circle continues.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I'm in one of the bad luck cycles right now - In the past month, I've replaced the muffler and axle pipe (which I had to go back and have fixed 2 weeks later), the passenger CV axle and soon to be the alternator.

That said, all told, the repairs will cost me about $350 - which is far less than the cost of a monthly car payment, and I haven't put any money into my car in more than a year, except for gas and routine maintenance. I guess it evens out.

Comment

You're alive and well aren't you? Just prioritize your repairs and get them knocked out of the way as time and finances allow.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

OK here is an update, Luis(my hubby) went to change the clutch out, and it just needed brake fluid....then he went to do the water pump on the buick and it only needed the thermostat....

So it all make me feel better.........

Nicole

Nicole
                MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                  OK here is an update, Luis(my hubby) went to change the clutch out, and it just needed brake fluid....then he went to do the water pump on the buick and it only needed the thermostat....

So it all make me feel better.........

Nicole

lol you have the best luck.
                  ]

Comment

clutch fluid shoulnd't just dissapear.... theres a leak somwhere.
                    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

you bought a lemon..dont blame half assed repairs on the age of the car

anyway..new cars have problems to...just keep your head up...this hapopens to me alot//once one thing breaks on my cb7..a plethora of other things break..sigh

Comment

That sucks Nicole.

Sounds like you got it all fixed for now

Im waiting for my time to come around. Ive been *knock on wood* problem free for about 8 months. Mines overheating too. I replaced the fan switch, the rad is less than a year old and im pretty sure the t-stat is good. Im losing anti-freeze though..not into the oil and not out the exhaust so... I might look into a new HeadGasket, just in case.

But you also have 4 cars so..maybe it just seemed like they all crapped at once? LoL

Keep up if anything else goes wrong.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

aaahhh man nicole damn......

Comment

don't worry it's not just you, heck on saturday while driving back from meeting up with Peego, the top four bolts that hold my fan shroud onto the radiator decided to sheer right off sending the fan and all backwards onto my belts and pulley's on my truck. i was driving along on the freeway when i started to hear this squealing sound but couldn't figure out what it was until i got home and popped my hood.
                            Last edited by Leung; 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X