For Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sell

This just bugs me to no end. Why do people say "for sell"? It is "FOR SALE". If you can't string two simple words together, I certainly don't want to trust buying from you!

Also, you do not "sale" something, you "sell" it.

I keep seeing this... on ads, on ebay, on various classifieds...

I don't know how people do it. When I want to sell something, I usually do my best to be as understandable and intelligent-seeming as possible. Nobody wants to buy from an idiot!

"What I would like to sale, is... some tastey do-nuts!"

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I have them for sell if you want! I can have them send to you. The chocolate one is mines though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        This just bugs me to no end. Why do people say "for sell"? It is "FOR SALE". If you can't string two simple words together, I certainly don't want to trust buying from you!

Also, you do not "sale" something, you "sell" it.

I keep seeing this... on ads, on ebay, on various classifieds...

I don't know how people do it. When I want to sell something, I usually do my best to be as understandable and intelligent-seeming as possible. Nobody wants to buy from an idiot!
        That has always been something that has been on my nerves. I figured, if they are too stupid to properly label something for sale, they dont know enough, and will sell it for a lot cheaper than it should be.

Comment

Depends on what it is. If they have something "for sell" that requires some knowledge of the item, I'll pass. If it's something that is clearly what I want, and the price is right, then maybe. I'll buy a CD from an idiot. I won't buy an ECU.

Comment

thats one of my pet peeves on this sight....it always bug me but i didnt feel like the word nazi...but that shit is annoying.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I can sort of understand when it comes from people who don't naturally speak English... but most of the people from foreign countries on this site have better English skills than the US residents!

Comment

I can sort of understand when it comes from people who don't naturally speak English... but most of the people from foreign countries on this site have better English skills than the US residents!
                so true...unbelieveable but TRUE!
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

you know whats a big pet peev of mine, when people use "dis", "dat", and "da". Like dey gotta be all gangsta online n shyt.

there is no 'D', in any of the words 'this', 'that', and 'the'.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Such words are only good for effect... when you're making fun of someone that DOES talk like that!

Comment

but most of the people from foreign countries on this site have better English skills than the US residents!

true that is
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Some people of foreign decent (that i know) are very smart but have trouble with putting together correct sentences... i mean i can bash them for not knowing complete english, but then again, when they know 2 more languages then me whos the ignorant one?
                        ]

Comment

Essept dem dum kanadiens...

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            Some people of foreign decent (that i know) are very smart but have trouble with putting together correct sentences... i mean i can bash them for not knowing complete english, but then again, when they know 2 more languages then me whos the ignorant one?
                            Hell, just look at all the people we have here from Europe and Asia. Every time I talk to DutchAccord, he apologizes for his poor English... Honestly, if I didn't know he wasn't American, I wouldn't be able to tell by the way he types! A lot of the guys from Malaysia and Taiwan are also very fluent... some of the Taiwanese guys that have been here have had some trouble communicating, but I think there are one or two that have no trouble at all.

Americans are dumb. For the most part, we only know ONE language... and often times not even that much!

Comment

for shizzle my european nizzle...

Comment

Working...
                              X