Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my ticket went through, Need help, First offence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my ticket went through, Need help, First offence.

Well, about a month and a half, to two months ago, I was stopped and cited for cvc(california vehicle code) 22349A, excessive speed- ...

i was pulled over for doing 81 in a 64, in short.

one huge thing is, that Im not 18, meaning I am a Juvenile. I read on the san diego courthouse website, that Juvenile speeding tickets are handled in Juvenile court. Why Am I being summoned to superior court? even though JUVENILE is stamped right on my summons. Or notice to appear...

my ticket does say I am 18 (when im not.)

I dont plan on fighting it, because i have no defense what so ever. it was broad daylight, with no other cars around, so, its not like I can say the other cars were also averaging my speed.

the whole age thing is what im concerned with.

any body got any suggestions or tips?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

the cop probably turn the ticket in to the wrong box i guess you can say, adult rather than juvenile, the best way to find out is to call the court house and explain the situation to them and go from there
    Members Ride

Comment

Its just one ticket. Theres not really any fighting it, but if the consequences are different for minors, then definitely bring that up.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

They'll prolly let you go for two reasons:

1. the cop is a complete fucktard that doesnt know how to read the age on a license.

2. it's your first offense. Plead like a little bitch, ask for time payments, ask for community service. They'll make it less painful in one way or another.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          They'll prolly let you go for two reasons:

1. the cop is a complete fucktard that doesnt know how to read the age on a license.

2. it's your first offense. Plead like a little bitch, ask for time payments, ask for community service. They'll make it less painful in one way or another.

well, I do know the legal system here in california is made for justice, but it is partially made for revenue. so hopefully I can plead my case some way, and they can lower the fine, and like you said, let me make payments

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

call and ask why its being taken to superior court....unless there is some hidden law that states that if your this so so far away form being 18 then they throw it to superior court, normally a seperate trial is done if crimes have been committed to determine if it should be handled at which court
            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

the limit was 64?

Comment

cop gave wants to take it to superior court because you were speeding in a supra not on a cb.

worst case scenerio community service or suspended license until your 18th bday or 6 months since your a minor

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                  the limit was 64?
                  Probably a typo and he meant 65. Most areas where I drive around in California 65 is the speed limit...however in very little certain areas it's 70. Most people go 80 regardless like me... I only do 65ish when it's raining.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

One law in canada declares that if any error was to be found on the ticket; name, adress, age, etc., the ticket is voided
                    You know kid...some day this war is gonna end (sob)... C.O Kilroy (Apocalypse Now)

Comment

I wish that was a law here! I got a ticket, and it said it was raining... I know for a fact it wasn't! (or I wouldn't have left my window open... leather interior!)

Comment

when i was 16 i did 85 (really around 110 cop caught me as i slowed down) in a 65 on the 163 and i went to traffic school paid the fine and everything was peachy.

Comment

Originally posted by trevelyan1234
                          One law in canada declares that if any error was to be found on the ticket; name, adress, age, etc., the ticket is voided
                          I was gonna say....

lil_d...check your local laws, or maybe bring it up in court, cuz Missouri has that kind of law. If the cop fucks up or doesnt show to the court date, the ticket is void. If he put the wrong age, you may get it reduced for bringig it to their attention

But on the flip side, i dont know if the address, age, etc matter. As long as they have the vehicle info and your name/SSN

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                          X