My car is broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is broke

So, my tranny has been going out, but every once in a while it works fine. Yesterday it worked fine, so we drove MY car not the green one. Everything was great, we washed it, went to eat. Then we dropped the kids off with my roomate and went to wal mart because we had to get the battery replaced and grab a few things.

All fine and well we get out to the car around 9pm to go home. Well it wouldnt fuckin go in R. so we tried and tried (dont have any tools or a jack with us.)

So we think its the shift cables. So I call Mike (madspleen) luckily he was home and came out to help.

So in the end, my husband had to trick the computer, and put it in reverse then got back under the car and put it in drive all while the shifter actually said Park HAHAHAHAH. it was great.

Damn car!!!!

Time for the swap for good. No more driving till its in.

/rant

Nicole

Nicole
    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Damn Nicole that sucks, good thing your hubby is good at working with cars and was able to trick it. So when you guys doing the swap?

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Originally posted by PaQ_16
      Damn Nicole that sucks, good thing your hubby is good at working with cars and was able to trick it. So when you guys doing the swap?
      hell yea, because I would of had to call a tow truck, and uh that wouldnt of worked, because they would of drug my tires then hit everything trying to get it up on there, because its slammed.

And Next time my husband gets paid should be getting all the parts we need for the swap.

Nicole

Nicole
      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

why didn't you just put the key in the hole next to the shifter to unlock it and get it out of park instead of doing of all the other work?
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
          why didn't you just put the key in the hole next to the shifter to unlock it and get it out of park instead of doing of all the other work?

jajaja, we tried that, it didnt work, nothing worked......my husband being a very muscular man couldnt even get it out of park

Nicole

Nicole
          MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
            jajaja, we tried that, it didnt work, nothing worked......my husband being a very muscular man couldnt even get it out of park

Nicole
            yup, it's the cables. happened on my bro's car, some wd-40 fixed the problem though. slap the tranny in neutral and push it if you want to reverse it.

Comment

autotragics
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

pretty much, I hate automatics, but soon it will be a stick I cant freaking wait!

Nicole

Nicole
                MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                  hell yea, because I would of had to call a tow truck, and uh that wouldnt of worked, because they would of drug my tires then hit everything trying to get it up on there, because its slammed.

And Next time my husband gets paid should be getting all the parts we need for the swap.

Nicole
                  tell the tow company you want a flat bed truck to tow your car.
                  ..[CB7][STAR]..
                  MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                    yup, it's the cables. happened on my bro's car, some wd-40 fixed the problem though. slap the tranny in neutral and push it if you want to reverse it.

had that happen to my old 89 Prelude 2.0Si automatic...the damn shifter cable was jacked up...and I had to put it in Neutral to push it backwards..every morning when I went to work!....GOOD DEAL FOR EXERCISE....

then get to work...push it backwards to park it...because the hill goes downwards....so I had to push it downwards..jump in to stop it from hitting the building! did that for about 4 months. YEAH, got a good workout considering I worked 6 days a week. and throwing 21 lb bags of Ice at that time for 9 hours...you tend to get STRONGER shoulders and arms afterwhile!

and you also build up stamina as well! ( sarcasim joke ) but its true!

physical job....then have to push your car to back it up everyday...ultimate workout for your upperbody!

that was back in 05!
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

I am glad I was around and could help you guys out.. There is NO way they could have got this CB onto a tow truck without ripping off the bumpers at least.. Or if Luis was feeling strong he could just lift it up there, lol not..

Originally posted by stewie
                      tell the tow company you want a flat bed truck to tow your car.
                      lol you obviously have never seen them load a car on a flatbed truck... I had this same cable go out on my CB and I had to get it towed to the mechanic.. My CB is at stock height and where the cb was parked is completely level. Getting my car up onto the flatbed my 91 EX style lip scraped pretty good on the road.. I can only imagine what kind of damage a tow truck would have done to something as slammed as Nicole's cb.. Later

Comment

Working...
                      X