• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

you guys are idiots..NO IT WONT WORK
      your gonna fill up the day before or after...defeating your purpose lmao

also..it will only wokr if you CONSTANTLY boycott one specific oil supplier/gas station

Comment

Well, like me and my girl was just sitting here talking about this subject......she said, " don't buy gas for a week"

If everyone sat there asses home for a week...or rode a bike....I gurantee....gas will drop hell...how about a month of riding a bike...you'll lose weight..tone up your legs...increase your stamina..etc..etc.

say you live quite a ways from work...and it takes you an hour to get to work...leave 4 hours early.

im just saying...you really want to make a difference...you have to be willing to do something big!....like a ride a bike for a month to work...if EVERYONE did it as a whole....the price of gas "WILL" drop....being the fuel is just being Idle...not being bought.....they will have to lower the price !

Price goal:

$1.35 a gallon

I would be happy if it would go somewhere around there

I remember when gas was $1.90 and people was complaining...now look...its upwards of OVER $3.00 a gallon...here..its $3.19 a gallon

so UNLESS people are willing to go the distance to put a big dent in the oil companies revenue....its a worthless effort
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

I get premium... and 21mpg. Not fun.

However, the prices aren't set by the individual stations... well, they are to a point, but they don't make much per gallon. Their profit is in volume. The price comes from the source, and even 6 months worth of SOME people boycotting gas altogether won't really affect them. All it will do is put the little guys out of business.

Comment

they've tried this before and no1 did it they either forgot about it or didn't care. If you wanted it to be effective they would have to do it for a whole week or so but we rely on our cars to much. It is just a waste of time. Only way prices will go down is if we stop going to war or war ends.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The war isn't really the cause... its the simple fact that the Middle Eastern oil producers are the only ones with the capacity to supply the whole world with oil. They set the price, and we're at their mercy. They could raise prices so that we're paying $15 a gallon, and we couldn't do a thing about it.

Boycotting gas will only put the individual owners of the gas stations in a tough spot. They aren't the enemy either. Hell, they have to buy the gas in the first place before they can sell it! I'm sure they aren't fond of shelling out all that money initially either!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I get premium... and 21mpg. Not fun.

However, the prices aren't set by the individual stations... well, they are to a point, but they don't make much per gallon. Their profit is in volume. The price comes from the source, and even 6 months worth of SOME people boycotting gas altogether won't really affect them. All it will do is put the little guys out of business.

Bicycle....the answer...if people would stop being LAZY..and want to drive everywhere..it would make a difference..

VRROOOOM...how about....TINK..TINK. ( bike chain catching the sprocket )

im telling you....Mike...its really worthless ....to TRY to attempt that.

thats just me!

but you're right...if everyone did that...for 6 months...protesting...that would put the small providers out of business..BUT...in the same sense...the bigger companies would charge more...now that they have no competition.

people go back to their normal lives....fewer gas companies.....inflation in price of the fuel...NOT GOOD!
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

word.

just get into a small car accident that bends the unibody of our cars, buy another car with no motor, buy an f22b, and rebuild it and never finish it.

that's what i do, gas is....free.....i get rides

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                    Only way prices will go down is if we stop going to war or war ends.

thats a start!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                      word.

just get into a small car accident that bends the unibody of our cars, buy another car with no motor, buy an f22b, and rebuild it and never finish it.

that's what i do, gas is....free.....i get rides

MR Thread:

Comment

hope this work.....you know it work if the gas station is empty on that day

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                          Price goal:

$1.35 a gallon

I would be happy if it would go somewhere around there

I remember when gas was $1.90 and people was complaining...now look...its upwards of OVER $3.00 a gallon...here..its $3.19 a gallon
                          I remember when I got my driver's license, gas was around $1.30/1.35 per gallon. I remember when, back when I was little, my dad complaining about how outrageous $0.99 per gallon was!

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
                            hope this work.....you know it work if the gas station is empty on that day
                            Why do you "hope this work"? So the guy at the gas station goes out of business?

This will not lower prices. This will not affect the big companies. They won't even know we're doing it. The only thing that will happen is that that nice man in the turban that works 85 hours a week at his gas station won't be able to feed his kids this week. (not to generalize... I'm actually referring to the nice guy in the turban that owns the gas station 2 blocks from me )

When I started driving, there was a huge drop in prices... $0.86 was what I was paying at one time (back in 99... I was late getting my license!)

I said I wouldn't drive anymore when it went over a dollar... then a dollar fifty... then I was amazed at $2... now I'm paying $3.

Comment

I can't believe people are linking this to the war....

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Next it'll be Bush.

I'm sure the war isn't helping matters... I mean, the countries we get our oil from probably aren't fond of us... but ending the war won't change that opinion, either!

The only way we could fix things with war (ending or starting) would be to invade and conquer all the oil-producing nations. However, I don't think that would make prices any lower. Put Americans in charge, and the prices may go up!

Comment

Working...
                                X