X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont pump gas on May 15th!!!!

Dont pump gas on May 15th!!!!
    In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.
    Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all myspace members are asked to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices.
    Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the myspace network, and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up.

If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,200,000,000.00 (that's BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) repost this bulletin repost it with 'Don't pump gas on May 15th'
    OR whatever you think will get people to read it!

Please dont pump gas on this day, I know I personally can't afford 4 bucks a gallon, and I am guessing some of you cant either.

So lets get together as a team, and NOT PUMP GAS on May 15th!

worth a try...
    CB7
    Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
    Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
    Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

yea, this doesnt really work very well.

People will fill up before the day and/or after.

Whooptie-doo! No gas for ONE day!! I'm pretty damn sure they don't care because right after that, everyone goes back to their normal life of filling up whenever they need it. And all they have to do is raise it a few cents for make up for the loss, if any.

The idea behind it is good, but it will never work.

Maybe if it went on for a month or so. But that won't happen because a lot of people travel 100+ miles a day. They NEED gas to go to work.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        yea, this doesnt really work very well.

People will fill up before the day and/or after.

Whooptie-doo! No gas for ONE day!! I'm pretty damn sure they don't care because right after that, everyone goes back to their normal life of filling up whenever they need it. And all they have to do is raise it a few cents for make up for the loss, if any.

The idea behind it is good, but it will never work.

Maybe if it went on for a month or so. But that won't happen because a lot of people travel 100+ miles a day. They NEED gas to go to work.
        Fo shizzle and i think thats been posted already. Who cares literally. You wanna damage the gas companies buy a pedal bike and dont buy gas its that easy. Not pumping one day isnt gonna harm the gas companies as mentioned. They know it wont work because people need fuel to travel and crap.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Here in Canada I pay about $1.20 a litre it's ridiculous and it's going to get worse and they jack up the prices in the summer when more people use gas. Not pumping for one day wont change anything, the only way that would work is that if everyone who doesnt get gas should not drive use any gas that day, because if they use gas, they will eventually need it. So it's on us to use less gas, avoid the pumps as much as we can and then maybe gas prices will drop. But like it was mentioned that will be hard to do

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

The only way I can fight the bastards is by buying a street bike. That would also fight police too. Baha. I'm pretty sick of filling up my pig of a car at 1.23 a litre.

Comment

if they get your money on the 15th or a day later do you really think they care?

and because americans (and canadians alike) think they have it so bad when it comes to gas prices...

weekly premium gas prices including tax (in US dollars per gallon)

Date.... /Bel./ Fra./Ger./ Ita./Net./UK /US /

1/08/07 6.07 5.85 6.18 6.01 6.68 6.42 2.52
              1/15/07 5.87 5.71 5.89 5.90 6.56 6.47 2.45
              1/22/07 5.84 5.63 5.91 5.88 6.58 6.46 2.39
              1/29/07 5.72 5.66 5.95 5.87 6.59 6.36 2.38
              02/5/07 5.87 5.74 6.03 5.89 6.66 6.36 2.40
              2/12/07 5.98 5.80 6.06 5.89 6.70 6.35 2.44
              2/19/07 5.95 5.88 6.16 5.98 6.80 6.39 2.50
              2/26/07 5.91 5.92 6.17 6.10 6.98 6.48 2.58
              3/05/07 6.11 6.07 6.43 6.10 7.09 6.37 2.71
              3/12/07 6.33 6.18 6.41 6.20 7.14 6.48 2.76
              3/19/07 6.44 6.21 6.45 6.24 7.09 6.55 2.78
              3/26/07 6.38 6.20 6.45 6.26 7.20 6.66 2.81
              4/02/07 6.51 6.35 6.66 6.36 7.37 6.77 2.91
              4/16/07 6.71 6.56 6.71 6.54 7.54 6.93 3.08

Bel = Belgium
              Fra = France
              Ger = Germany
              Ita = Italy
              Net = Netherlands
              Last edited by growguy; 05-06-2007, 03:51 AM.
              1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Forgot to mention europeans are paying a lot more per liter than a gallon in the US. I dont see why everyone is bitching bout oil prices. You buy something big learn to deal with it. I have to buy premium If gases prices go up oh well i can careless. I still remember the days when gas was under a dollar. Those were the days. Also most people in Europe drive diesels. Get better gas mileage over fuel.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I will go for it, i don't like paying almost 50.00 to fill up for a week

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Fo shizzle and i think thats been posted already. Who cares literally. You wanna damage the gas companies buy a pedal bike and dont buy gas its that easy. Not pumping one day isnt gonna harm the gas companies as mentioned. They know it wont work because people need fuel to travel and crap.

IT WELL WORK IT JUST LESS MONEY THAT THEY GET THAT DAY...AND TAX THAT THEY MAKE

Comment

LOL, I didn't mean to start a discussion, LOL I was just spreading the word.

If you want to join me in this, then do it, and thank you. If you don't, then don't. I don't care.

Gas prices aren't really THAT bad, but I am worried about this trend in prices. It got up to well over 3.75 a gallon last summer in Oregon, and it is sitting at around 3.50 there now, and summer isn't even here.

I get upwards of 30mpg on the freeway, and I don't really use much gas, so 2.85 here in Houston ain't that bad.

People are trying to do SOMETHING, and this is really the only thing they can come up with, and well, I support there enthusiasm. and Encourage them all (the youth of America & the World) to get proactive with the decision making process, and trying to use public forums to gain support for a "protest".

In the 60's people probably didn't think a bunch of hippie teenagers having a sit in in Washington D.C. would make a difference, but those determined youth got a lot accomplished!

So once again I invite you guys to join me and thousands of others all across America, and the world, and protest high gas prices by,

NOT BUYING GAS MAY 15th 2007!

Comment

Id rather do something that makes a difference.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Hmmm I dont know if this is gonna have any signifiance but what the hell its worth a try...
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

well i have been meaning to start riding my bike to work again.

Comment

All the "gas out" does is cause the gas stations to raise their prices to compensate for the day's loss. So instead of paying $3 a gallon on Tuesday, you pay $3.10 on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X