X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some opinions, please

Need some help choosing a summer job.

1. I am currently employed at a golf course
    pros= free golf (I used to play a lot, planning on playing more this summer)
    cons- long drive, low wage, unsteady schedule

2. Find employment as a car detailer at a BMW dealership
    pros= I enjoy the job, steady shifts, 9-5 schedule
    cons= low wage, but same wage as the golf course, long drive, but not as far as the golf course

3. Look for employment in a restaurant
    pros= better wage, depending on where it is, not as far to drive, lots of experience
    cons= I really want weekends off and this job probably wont allow that

4. I also have a job at a gas station that I've been at for a year
    pros= very close, can usually choose my own schedule
    cons= low wage, pretty boring job

So I came home tonight after my 3rd training shift at the golf course and I was kinda down on myself because I have a big drive home for a low wage job that I'm not really enjoying. So I have other options, would just like to hear what some of you might say. Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

i take number 4.

Comment

Number three, if your a good waiter you can make some good money.

My mom makes alot lol..
      Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
      MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

I was a waiter for 6 years... and I may be going back to it for some extra money. It's not a bad job, but it wears on you. And weekends off... forget it. That's where the money is anyway! Some of the servers with crazy seniority can pull that off in some places, but I was never able to. Of all the jobs you have listed, that does have the greatest profit potential, though. Well, as long as Canadians tip better in Canada than they do when they come down here!

The golf course... if you like golf, that's cool... but if you don't like the job, drive, or pay... screw it. Eventually, your hatred for the job will affect your love of the game. Free golf is useless if you don't like it anymore!

Detailer would be cool, and there's always the option of moving to a different job for more pay... well, usually, anyway. Still, it's not great work, and if the pay is low it may not be worth it. I know cleaning my car for an hour makes my back hurt, and I'm nauseous from the smell of whatever I'm using to clean it... I wouldn't want to do that all day, every day!

If you can come and go as you please with the gas station, keep that as long as possible in that capacity. It's nice to have something you can just go back to every now and then! It's a definite dead-end job, though!

Comment

i choose non of the above...there is always better...you just gotta look never settle for less bro
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

try to find a valet job. great money great schedule great cars.
            cons you got to stay on ur feet for 8 hours straight. who cares when you can drive a m series bmw semi/manual tranny or the 650hp mercedes amg
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
              try to find a valet job. great money great schedule great cars.
              cons you got to stay on ur feet for 8 hours straight. who cares when you can drive a m series bmw semi/manual tranny or the 650hp mercedes amg
              sucks if u get a dent in it

Comment

Well I understand that these are basically all dead end jobs, but it's just a summer job for me, I'm a university student so after my education is where I expect a little more. Anyway I'm at the golf course right now and I told my boss on the phone before I came to work that I was going to quit, however I'm going to finish my 2 shifts this week, then on the drive here I changed my mind and asked her if I could stay...lol. So now she kind of knows how I feel about the job and shes going to let me know at the end of the day what she decideds, either way stayig here or leaving I wont be disappointed.
                If she doesnt need me then Iwill get another one of those jobs, and like I said its a summer job until September, the gas station is good because I've been there for a year and my boss is awesome, and I really did like detailing bimmers got to drive them too, oh well guess I'll see what happens at the end of the day! Sorry fot the long and useless thread just needed to vent somewhere

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22

Comment

try to get a paid internship for a company that does what you are going to school to do. i am a freshman and i am going to work for an engineering firm for like 8-9 an hour full time this summer. and its not what i would call a dead end job either. even if you dont want to work there after you graduate, the experience you gain is worth it. also, even if you dont want to work there, your boss should be able to get you in touch with companies you do want to work for.

what is it you're going to school for?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm in my 2-3 year of psychology, and I was thinking of getting involved in that area, but I havent used the Universities resources of finding a job, I'm trying to thuink of a summer job that would be considered in that area, and I don't think there are too many summer jobs that might be in that area of work...any ideas?

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22

Comment

Well I quit the golf course last week and was kinda depressed because looking for a job sucks, even if its only for the summer and I was having a hard time deciding, but I got a job today and I start tomorrow. Its a place a worked at last year when I wasnt in school and I left because I went back to school and because of the rush hour traffic, but I went back today and spoke to the manager and I can start at 10am which means I miss rush hour. Its a detailing job at a BMW dealership, which I really enjoyed last year, so I'm happy to have this becauset the hours are steady and I get the weekends off and thats what I wanted, plus I get to drive some pretty sweet cars. Just thought I'd let ya'll know

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                      X