Help me settle an argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me settle an argument

Me and my grandpa have been bickering for a while now, and the reason is he thinkg that my car is a piece of shit, not because it runs like it is brand new, and not because my interior is mint, and minus a few rock chips, so is the body.

No, he thinks my car is a piecer just because it had 216,000 miles on it. I tried explaining to him that Honda's, especially cb7's last indefinitely if they are taken care of.
    He for some reason thinks that there is NO car that can go 500,000 miles without having to have a major engine or tranny overhaul, or both. despite the fact that my best friend has a 92 Integra, with 325k on it, with original engine, tranny, and even the OEM battery that it had from the factory!

Sometimes I think that he is too used to American cars that die after 200k MIN.

So, lets all prove him wrong, post up a pic of your odometer and a short description to major stuff you have had to fix.

I would really appreciate your help. and I cant wait to see his face when he sees these odometers!

OLD PIC^^

its at 290,xxx now

Comment

Just let him be. He's your grandpa. You need to learn in life that you'll run into many people with a huge range of opinions and beliefs.

Does it really matter if your grandpa likes your car? Be happy he's still alive and (I assume) well. In the grand scheme of things its ONLY a stinkin' car.

EDIT: It'd be different if he was criticizing your life decisions...like your profession or getting married or having kids, etc.

Comment

i'd say fight him your grandpa,knock him out just playing.
        i know there's a lot of people here with some high numbers
        they'll come around

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

237K here.

Other than the scheduled maintenance, I replaced a CV boot, and an alternator.

The alternator was killed by my stereo system.

Oh yeah, and I replaced the main relay.

Ultimately, he is set in his ways and wants to be close minded about it, so you will just have to live with it.

They have an annual high mileage competition here at the local Honda dealer (town of about 50K).

The requirements are original tranny, original engine, no overhauls, etc.

The winning car is usually well north of 600K, and there are MANY above 300K, with most of them falling in between.

Even if you neglect a Honda, it is hard to get it to fall apart in LESS than 200K.

The reason is simple. Everything is built to much more exacting tolerances.

The best way to win the argument is to keep driving the wheels off your car, and once it keeps racking up miles and not breaking, he will figure it out.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

our project car has well over 300k, VSS stopped at 291k

your grandpa is kinda like the old retired guy that "works" at our shop...you just kinda take everything he says with a grain of salt.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ive got 60ish...on the engine
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

i got 175,xxx lol, not that much but its been runing ever since, just over heated once bcuz it needed teh antifreez treatment
                lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                check out my mr thread
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
                  Me and my grandpa have been bickering for a while now, and the reason is he thinkg that my car is a piece of shit, not because it runs like it is brand new, and not because my interior is mint, and minus a few rock chips, so is the body.

No, he thinks my car is a piecer just because it had 216,000 miles on it. I tried explaining to him that Honda's, especially cb7's last indefinitely if they are taken care of.
                  He for some reason thinks that there is NO car that can go 500,000 miles without having to have a major engine or tranny overhaul, or both. despite the fact that my best friend has a 92 Integra, with 325k on it, with original engine, tranny, and even the OEM battery that it had from the factory!

Sometimes I think that he is too used to American cars that die after 200k MIN.

So, lets all prove him wrong, post up a pic of your odometer and a short description to major stuff you have had to fix.

I would really appreciate your help. and I cant wait to see his face when he sees these odometers!
                  I saw you car twice and you got one of the cleanest CB7 I ever see and especially the engine bay. Keep up the good work man.

Back to the topic.
                  My friend got 26X.XXX miles on his 91 A/T Accord and it is still drive like a champ. Mine is almost 200.000 miles and still drives good.

Comment

235,000 on the car changed the engine at 215 just to have more power, the old f22 sat in my yard for a year in the elements we threw it in another cb a few weeks ago started the first time and runs like a champ still, i have never changed anything on it other than belts and hoses, i even had 215 on the stock clutch and it was still good. Hondas can last forever if you take care of them.

Comment

265,000KM on the car
                      80,000KM on the h22, but my f22 was stll very healthy when the swap was done

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

my grandpa has a diesel chevy truck that he has put over half a million on and did nothing but routine maintenence until the engine died at 450,000, not even tranny work and he tows a boat 5 days a week with it!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

That should show the old man!!!!

Comment

they have mindsets that they believe no otherwise. my popz is the same way you just cant win even if you prove it

I-SR 6

Comment

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...21/036086.html
                              http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/web...es_on_a_volvo/

Two million mile volvo. One engine rebuild at 680K, and still running.

Originally posted by deevergote
                              When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Working...
                              X