Rap is old! Gotta find something else to listen to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rap is old! Gotta find something else to listen to

Im getting really tired of rap and all this club banger 2-step, walk it out BS! I should come out with a song with timberland talking about "waitin in the welfare line" and make a hit! I started listening to guys who only freestyle(of the top of the dome, nothing written) but thats gotten old. So i basically i need something new to listen to. Anybody got something in mind. I dont care what it is just as long as it aint country(so i just not into country, but my grandma is though LOL!)
    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

rootz reggae my friend... lmk if you want some band names. theres alot of great bands here in hawaii!! ill give you the ones worth listening too....

I-SR 6

Comment

Listen to Psychostick.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Bob Marley man! Ben Harper is good too

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

listen to drum and bass...it makes one wnats to drive incredibly fast
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
            Bob Marley man! Ben Harper is good too
            Ooklah the moc... hawaii's best rootz reggae band. simply stoney beats with great lyric. they have a myspace go search it. you wont regret it especially if you blaze it up occasionally

I-SR 6

Comment

Thanks yea i like bob marley. Keep them coming guys
              Originally posted by Makaveli2k
              Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

www.bassdrive.com click on the archives and download some shows from there, get a feel for what u like.
                www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

old school rap or reggae I've been going thru all my old school collection for the last 3 weeks.....we need something new and fresh in the rap game soooonnn!!
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Death Metal?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Numba1Hater
                      Im getting really tired of rap and all this club banger 2-step, walk it out BS! I should come out with a song with timberland talking about "waitin in the welfare line" and make a hit! I started listening to guys who only freestyle(of the top of the dome, nothing written) but thats gotten old. So i basically i need something new to listen to. Anybody got something in mind. I dont care what it is just as long as it aint country(so i just not into country, but my grandma is though LOL!)
                      Im right there with ya man. All the mainstream rap is pretty wack and doesnt have any meaning to their lyrics... I listen to.... Living Legends, Grouch, Eligh, Murs, Slug, Aesop Rock, Deltron, The Beatnuts, Redman, Eminem, D12, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude, E-40, etc... Here are a couple of my friends that are rapping....Drizzt, Grains of San, inkspiLL (all on myspace if you want to listen...)
                      As for getting tired of listing to RAP, i recently moved into a house with 2 of my friends and they really only listen to ROCK, METAL & DEATH METAL. Which ive always liked but never really listened to that much untill the past 3-4 months.... Trivium, Staind, One Side Zero, Lamb of God, Unearth, TOOL, tool, tool, System of a down, Element of Surprise, Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park, Slayer, Sublime (always), The Offsring, HIM, CKY, the list goes on....

Hope this helps out, cause without music i wouldnt be able to go on with life...
                      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        Death Metal?
                        That's my vote Might be a hard transition though.

Coming off of rap, reggae is a good direction to go. The best way to get into another style of music is to go for something that at least shares some things in common with what you are familiar with.

Get into reggae, until you can truly identify with it. Then maybe progress into some older ska, as that's very similar to reggae. From the older ska, hit newer ska... which is punk influenced. Take the punk and go with that... then into hardcore, then metal. From metal, amazingly enough, you have 2 directions to go. Classical and rock. GOOD metal draws very strongly from classical music, so a lot of the structure you would recognize in one, you'll see in the other. Rock is rock... you can't go wrong. From rock, you could even go the country route if you wanted to, and you'd probably understand it enough at that point to appreciate it.

From the reggae route, you can also go into reggaeton, then dancehall, then techno, then eurobeat. (and all the various offshoots of electronica). Hell, you can even go from there to industrial, and back into metal

That's just one way to do it. If you're open to and appreciative of any music, then you can probably just pick up anything at any time.

Comment

Pop oh yea. Kevin Federline is the shit hahaha that foo needs to die lol.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Kevin Federline is a genius. He's a bum that married one of the richest artists in the world... regardless if it worked out or not, he'll ALWAYS have that. Plus, he hit Brit before she was totally skanky

Comment

Most main stream hip hop has been dead for a while. The underground scene is way better since most artist do it for the love not the money...

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X